Best Places to Obtain Rental Information

12 Replies

Hi All,  

I was wondering if anybody had some reliable resources to get an idea of potential rental rates for Canada?  I know Craigslist and Kijiji are 2 sources.  Are there any more professional websites that can provide these details? 

Thank you in advance. 

Brendon

Just study the market using Zillow, Craigslist, Apartments.com, or other web sites. You can probably check 3-4 sites and look for homes in the same general area that are comparable in size and amenities. You should do this ever 2-3 months, even if your units are rented, just to stay on top of what the market is doing. The more regularly you do it, the easier it becomes and the more accurate you will be.

Originally posted by @Brendon Chui :

Hi All,  

I was wondering if anybody had some reliable resources to get an idea of potential rental rates for Canada?  I know Craigslist and Kijiji are 2 sources.  Are there any more professional websites that can provide these details? 

Thank you in advance. 

Brendon

PadMapper   App

I don't know about Canada, but we purchase rental reports from Cozy. They're like $20 and gives you a lot of detail on what nearby homes are renting for. The best part is it's based on what properties are actually renting for, not just what they're listed for. Paying for this one report will make me over $2,000 this year, as I was able to rent a property for $175 more per month than what I had planned using tools like zillow, craigslist, and rentometer.

Originally posted by @Jon Mason :

I don't know about Canada, but we purchase rental reports from Cozy. They're like $20 and gives you a lot of detail on what nearby homes are renting for. The best part is it's based on what properties are actually renting for, not just what they're listed for. Paying for this one report will make me over $2,000 this year, as I was able to rent a property for $175 more per month than what I had planned using tools like zillow, craigslist, and rentometer.

All US based

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here