Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
Fighting over the Security Deposit is one of the main issues between Landlords and Tenants.
What steps do you take as a Landlord or Property Manager to ensure the deductions from a Security Deposit are not disputed? If the charges are disputed, how do you ensure you win your case in court?
Real Estate Agent · Naples, FL · Member since 2016 · 298 posts · 268 votes
6y
I got so tired of this that I only charge a $99 security deposit now. I build the cost of the rest of the deposit into the monthly rent spread out across the year
Property Manager · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
6y
We give the tenant a checklist along with the typical prices they will be charge should they not meet their move out requirements. It's published right on our website but we also mail them a copy to hang on their fridge, so they have to look at it everyday until they move out.