Real Estate Investor 路 Dallas, TX 路 Member since 2013 路 388 posts 路 174 votes
Merry Holidays everyone, hope all is well.
I purchased a rental years ago and put a fence up on the property line. A few months ago the neighbors sold their house to a wholesaler. This Wholesaler put a banner sign ( 6' x 4') on the fence, been there for a while. I called the number and asked them to remove it, they mentioned that it was on the property line.
Anyone have ideas on how the law would play out in this situation? Or what the best way(s) to get them to remove it would be?
Specialist 路 Riverside, CA 路 Member since 2015 路 6k+ posts 路 3k+ votes
6y
Most municipalities have laws against bandit signs, you could try code enforcement, also if they bought the property a few months ago and still own it they aren't a very good wholesaler.
I have been doing this stuff for 36 years now and have dealt with some real crazy neighbors.
Had one that kept complaining about my fence being on his property. Keep in mind that this fence was built 50 years ago when the house was built. So after a couple years of his crazy bull I ordered a survey.
Come to find out he was right 6ft of my fence was on his property... but 220 feet of the fence 4 ft wide was on my property. I told him I was taking my 4ft by 220ft property back. LOL
He never said another word and sold his house a year later. I told the new owner if he wanted me to put up a new fence on the property line I would. He said he could care less.
Investor 路 Columbus, OH 路 Member since 2015 路 625 posts 路 601 votes
6y
@Joel S. Some people might feel it's tacky having a giant we buy houses sign on their fence. And like the guy up thread said, in Texas that's his fence since he built it so he can tell that guy to get his sign off of it if he wants.
@Account Closed - I'd like tenants to feel comfortable living there. Also, an empty house next door could lead to issues, and someone putting up a tacky banner sign on my fence without asking is a no, no.