You better read this if you have rentals

You better read this if you have rentals

Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 308 posts · 170 votes

There is a movement sweeping across the nation and it seems to be growing steam. Its the don't pay rent even if you have the funds to. I really don't like what I am reading. Myself I own multiple properties and had plans to add but as of now I am suspending that activity. I have moved funds earmarked for REI into dividend paying stocks. A Olympia Wa councilwoman who is now refusing to pay rent pens a very damaging article. Wa state also has legislation harming landlords. I suggest every landlord go read this article and get involved. One thing of relevance here is this person states she does have the ability to pay but wont.

This site wont let me give a link but search "An open letter to my constituents (and my landlord)" 

2Reply
84 views

Most Popular Reply

Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
6y

So evict them. 

It happens every day.

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Sierra Madre, CA · Member since 2013 · 60 posts · 24 votes
    6y

    @Account Closed Great tip: "This is why I never rent units to attorneys (not a protected class) and I surely won’t be renting to any government officials in the future."

    That's awesome.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.