Should you Sanitize between tenants

3 Replies

I have a small condo that I rent to traveling nurses in Ft Myers Florida. Now I am wondering in I should be getting that unit cleaned and then sanitized in between travelers. Anyone else facing this issue

Originally posted by @Fred Cannon :

I have a small condo that I rent to traveling nurses in Ft Myers Florida. Now I am wondering in I should be getting that unit cleaned and then sanitized in between travelers. Anyone else facing this issue

Yes, you should always clean between tenants. The level of sanitation should probably be higher given COVID. Surfaces that come in contact with food or touch surfaces should be sanitized at a minimum. 

Thanks Joe. I always clean between tenants but now I know there are companies that come in an use ultraviolet light to kill all the viruses. Not sure what the cost might be but intend to check it out My tenants in this STR are mostly traveling nurses

I think it depends on how quick the turn over is. Remember COVID doesnt survive for very long on inhospitable surfaces. You should still clean very well but unless the turn over time is a day or two I dont think going crazy sterile cleaning is needed. Check CDC guidelines on different surfaces. If its more than a week I definitely wouldnt bother with sterile type cleaning.