Appfolio cash flow report --> Quickbooks accounting

Appfolio cash flow report --> Quickbooks accounting

Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 126 posts · 74 votes

Hi all,

Every month I spend 2-3 hours translating the Appfolio cash flow report I get from my PM into double-ledger accounting for Quickbooks. First I do the Appfolio translation in a spreadsheet until I get everything to balance, then I manually enter into Quickbooks. Is there an Appfolio & Quickbooks integration that makes this process streamlined? 

- Harman

0Reply
45 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Winnebago, IL · Member since 2013 · 80 posts · 56 votes
5y

I do the same thing.  One thing that helps is that I reconcile one property at a time (they are all multis).  Since the statements don't report charges that have not yet been paid (i.e late fee) I also request a "Resident Financial Report" that will have those details.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Winnebago, IL · Member since 2013 · 80 posts · 56 votes
    5y

    I do the same thing.  One thing that helps is that I reconcile one property at a time (they are all multis).  Since the statements don't report charges that have not yet been paid (i.e late fee) I also request a "Resident Financial Report" that will have those details.

  • Kim Meredith HamptonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · St Petersburg · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    @Harman N. the manager or accounting person could do a special download for you into an excel spreadsheet. This of course is outside of the normal operations they do day to day when processing owner statements. We work with many investors and hedge funds, so we have many different reports we run for them every month. 
    Hope this helps

  • Property Manager · Fargo, ND · Member since 2016 · 51 posts · 10 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Harman N.:

    Hi all,

    Every month I spend 2-3 hours translating the Appfolio cash flow report I get from my PM into double-ledger accounting for Quickbooks. First I do the Appfolio translation in a spreadsheet until I get everything to balance, then I manually enter into Quickbooks. Is there an Appfolio & Quickbooks integration that makes this process streamlined? 

    - Harman


     Were you able to find the solution that works for you. Does your PM send you the owner statement together with cashflow report? You can create one journal entry, credit all income from the statement, debit all expenses from the statements and debit "Due from PM" asset account to balance it out.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 126 posts · 74 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Aziz Usmanov:
    Quote from @Harman N.:

    Hi all,

    Every month I spend 2-3 hours translating the Appfolio cash flow report I get from my PM into double-ledger accounting for Quickbooks. First I do the Appfolio translation in a spreadsheet until I get everything to balance, then I manually enter into Quickbooks. Is there an Appfolio & Quickbooks integration that makes this process streamlined? 

    - Harman


     Were you able to find the solution that works for you. Does your PM send you the owner statement together with cashflow report? You can create one journal entry, credit all income from the statement, debit all expenses from the statements and debit "Due from PM" asset account to balance it out.

    @Shreyas Mohan was working on a solution, see the below message he sent me. I didn't pursue further since I was already moving away from that PM, but it looked promising

  • Property Manager · Fargo, ND · Member since 2016 · 51 posts · 10 votes
    3y

    That looks like a phishing scam.

  • Property Manager · Fargo, ND · Member since 2016 · 51 posts · 10 votes
    3y

    they ask your credentials on the first page. Don't provide any credentials for above, folks! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.