First Rental Property

First Rental Property

Rental Property Investor · GA · Member since 2020 · 24 posts · 12 votes

Good Evening BP,

I currently have my first rental property under contract we are currently in the underwriting phase. The property is SF 3bed 2bath it was listed at 74,000 we offered 64,000 which is bottom line for the area the buyer took the offer. I got approve for a 68,000 FHA with 3.5% down payment for 30 yrs. After a year I plan to rent for 750 a month which is median for the area where rents usually go for 650-850. After expenses we would Cashflow close to 200 a month. I think it's a good deal the property values in the area are projected to appreciated around 7% this year. Any thoughts or advice or just feedback on how the deal looks?

Thank you

Sutton, Dabvis L.

6Reply
53 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Waco TX / Conroe, TX · Member since 2017 · 376 posts · 228 votes
5y


Without seeing a spreadsheet analysis its hard to give my best advice, but it seems you have it all mapped out from first glance.

I would just make sure you have your  insurance included in the analysis and look out for those hidden costs. 

For the first deal, I don't think its as important to be a grand slam. As long as you are getting after it and taking action, a base hit or walk is good in my book. The learning experience is where the real value will come from. 

-BA

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2020 · 21 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    @Dabvis Le Sutton Congratulations Dabvis! How did you find the property to invest in? I too am in GA and getting ready to make moves.

    R,

    Ije

  • Jonathan SmallPro Member
    Investor · Suwanee, GA · Member since 2020 · 182 posts · 151 votes
    4y

    @Dabvis Le Sutton I would love to get an update on how you are doing.  I am excited for you

    I started in Valdosta by buying a few portfolios. Mostly SFH. I look for areas that can get me rent of at least $850 for a 3/2. You can get accurate rent rates from property managers. I use Mercer Hughes and Valdosta Properties for management.

    I have found turnover cost and HVAC repairs are my biggest expense.  Your property manager can help decrease these cost by finding quality tenants and doing routine inspections.

    Feel free to reach out for any resources.  I see @J. Mitchell Bernier posted a comment.  He is a lender. I have closed a few loans with him.  He is a wealth of knowledge.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.