Landlord Insurance referrals in WI?

Landlord Insurance referrals in WI?

Flipper/Rehabber · Pasadena, CA · Member since 2021 · 11 posts · 1 vote

Any referrals for insurance companies in Wisconsin? I am hunting for landlord or umbrella insurance policies. Currently in escrow for a duplex in Milwaukee. Any counsel or suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

0Reply
24 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Greg ScottPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · SE Michigan · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    5y

    Umbrella insurance is typically written off of your homeowners policy on your personal residence, not your rent properties.  

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Gene Tarney of the insurance office of MKE has been great for me. Saved me over $800 on my two properties for the same exact coverage.

  • Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2018 · 138 posts · 52 votes
    5y

    @Joshua Tan

    An umbrella policy you can just add on to you own insurance. Are you planning on hiring a property management group because they will have some liability insurance.you may just be able to use a agent where you live. I have 2 agents I use in Milwaukee. Let me know if you still need an introduction.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Pasadena, CA · Member since 2021 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    5y
    Originally posted by @Greg Scott:

    Umbrella insurance is typically written off of your homeowners policy on your personal residence, not your rent properties.  

    Understood. Thank you, Greg.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Pasadena, CA · Member since 2021 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    5y
    Originally posted by @Chelsea Coulston:

    Gene Tarney of the insurance office of MKE has been great for me. Saved me over $800 on my two properties for the same exact coverage.

    I will give them a call. Thanks!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Pasadena, CA · Member since 2021 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    5y
    Originally posted by @Jeff Stein:

    @Joshua Tan

    An umbrella policy you can just add on to you own insurance. Are you planning on hiring a property management group because they will have some liability insurance.you may just be able to use a agent where you live. I have 2 agents I use in Milwaukee. Let me know if you still need an introduction.

    Yes I am hiring a property management. Also, I'd definitely appreciate a connection with your contacts. Thanks for the help Jeff!

  • Rod HanksBusiness Member
    Insurance Agent · Dallas, TX · Member since 2013 · 743 posts · 462 votes
    5y

    @Joshua Tan

    We have access to a Landlord insurance program that includes 2500 deductible, 1 million liability, replacement cost, loss of rents, and water back up that is very competitive in price. Reach out to me if you would like a quote.

    Rod Hanks Insurance4.9153 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · Oconomowoc, WI · Member since 2016 · 996 posts · 431 votes
    5y

    Matt Padula is a highly recommended guy in Mke area. He gets overwhelming rave reviews. Reach out to him!! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.