Can you BRRRR new construction or turnkey????

Can you BRRRR new construction or turnkey????

Rockville, MD 路 Member since 2017 路 45 posts 路 11 votes

hello BP,


I'm trying to build my rental portfolio but don't have the time, contractors or patience to go through the headache of a rehab or full construction. Is there anyway to do the BRRRR method by buying into a new construction or going through a turnkey company?

0Reply
26 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker 路 Rochester Hills, MI 路 Member since 2009 路 2k+ posts 路 2k+ votes
4y

I am sure there are some examples of a builder who is in serious trouble and needs to get cash out ASAP and is looking to dump a new construction to solve their other financial issues.  I have no doubt that exact scenario has existed before.  Often, likey?  No.  The time you put into finding such a deal (I mean, since we are talking wild possibilities I suppose one could just fall into your lap too) would be better spent fixing up a home you bought under market value.  

Some people win the lottery though, just know your odds are about the same.  

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker 路 Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH 路 Member since 2013 路 30k+ posts 路 20k+ votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Kwame Knights:

    hello BP,


    I'm trying to build my rental portfolio but don't have the time, contractors or patience to go through the headache of a rehab or full construction. Is there anyway to do the BRRRR method by buying into a new construction or going through a turnkey company?

     If they sold you the properties for drastically less than what they are worth, yes. However, why would they do that? I don't go around giving away money, do you?

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker 路 Cody, WY 路 Member since 2010 路 28k+ posts 路 41k+ votes
    4y

    Very unlikely. BRRRR = Buy, Renovate, Rent, Refinance, and Repeat

    Turnkey and new construction sell for market price so you can't "refinance" and cash out the gained equity unless your market explodes and property values increase dramatically in a short time.

    You buy a fixer-upper below market value. When you renovate and rent it, the property gains value. That enables you to refinance and pull out the extra equity, which you can then use to purchase the next property.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7247 Reviews
  • Real Estate Broker 路 Rochester Hills, MI 路 Member since 2009 路 2k+ posts 路 2k+ votes
    4y

    I am sure there are some examples of a builder who is in serious trouble and needs to get cash out ASAP and is looking to dump a new construction to solve their other financial issues.  I have no doubt that exact scenario has existed before.  Often, likey?  No.  The time you put into finding such a deal (I mean, since we are talking wild possibilities I suppose one could just fall into your lap too) would be better spent fixing up a home you bought under market value.  

    Some people win the lottery though, just know your odds are about the same.  

  • Joe S.Pro Member
    Investor 路 San Antonio 路 Member since 2020 路 3k+ posts 路 3k+ votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Kwame Knights:

    hello BP,


    I'm trying to build my rental portfolio but don't have the time, contractors or patience to go through the headache of a rehab or full construction. Is there anyway to do the BRRRR method by buying into a new construction or going through a turnkey company?

     If you find such an opportunity and can鈥檛 buy them all yourself let me know. 馃槉

    Don鈥檛 announce to the world just let me know :-)

  • Specialist 路 Los Angeles, CA 路 Member since 2018 路 291 posts 路 231 votes
    4y

    @Kwame Knights yes it would work great if you are the turn key provider or the builder or if you wait 30 years for the property to appreciate to refi it.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.