East Bay Meetup - Thurs Jan 16, 2014 in Oakland

East Bay Meetup - Thurs Jan 16, 2014 in Oakland

J. MartinPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes

Welcome to the first 2014 East Bay Meetup!

The last meetup in Oakland was a great exchange, so time for another one! Please post on this forum instead of the old one if you plan to attend, so I can get a ballpark number of people.

I'm looking forward to seeing many of you again, and it sounds like maybe quite a few more.. This location will have more space inside, with communal tables. It has food, including vegan options, and a wide variety of beer. Look for nametags when you arrive, but shouldn't be too tough..

Should be a good time! See you there!

Best,
J Martin

What: East Bay Meetup - 2014!

When: Thursday, January 16th, 2014 - 6:30PM to 9ish+

Where: Rosamunde Sausage Grill (& Bar)
Swans Market Place, 911 Washington St, Oakland, CA 94607
http://www.yelp.com/biz/rosamunde-sausage-grill-oakland?nb=1

Get There: Take BART to 12th St/Civic Center Oakland Station & walk down Broadway to decreasing-numbered streets. Make a right on 9th St and walk to the first corner, at 911 Washington St. It is about a 5min walk, a block from the last EB meetup.

Parking at 459 8th St, or other garages nearby at the link below. Address above.
http://oaklandparking.spplus.com/Oakland-459-8th-Street-Parking.html

For those who didn't make the last one, a lot of people enjoyed it..

http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/86/topics/106912-east-bay-meetup---dec-10-in-oakland?page=3

Like last time, I'm going to post some keywords to alert those in the area who might be interested..

East Bay , East Bay Meetup , Bay Area , Meetup , Meet up , Meet-up , San Francisco , Oakland , Berkeley , Alameda County , Contra Costa County , Solano County , Richmond , Hercules Concord Albany Pittsburgh Marin San Rafael South Bay Peninsula

1Reply
495 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Hercules, CA · Member since 2013 · 39 posts · 18 votes
12y

A little about myself: Been living in the Bay Area all my life - Hercules to be exact. All of my career has been in the IT Industry (16 years). My last stint was IT Desktop Support at Lucasfilm. Laid off - end of Aug. Have decided to commit myself to a new career since then. Have always wanted to start investing but didn't have to liberty to change careers early on. Working towards my RE Salesperson Lic but will eventually work as a Commercial Lending officer with a relative under his brokerage in Dublin, CA (Cordero Capital Partners)

In State / Out of State? As a beginner was hoping to start locally for investing but willing to look out of state.

Strategy? Buy & Hold

Type of properties? Again as a beginner - I may focus on small apartments 5-10 units but my goal is to invest in Commercial (Retail / Office)

Looking for? Would like to just network myself with like minded individuals to gain advice / hear experiences on how everyone began and hopefully gain working relationships with some of you later down the line.

Can offer / knowledgeable about? At this point - very little other than I will be working as a Commercial Lending officer within the next couple of months and so marketing myself early is one thing I'm focused on.

Hope to meet most of you on Thur - Thanks

See this reply in the discussion

114 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Andy Kaufman , @Sarah Lam , @Michaela G. , @Adam Hofmann , @Arron Sweeney , @Pete Tam , @Sam Magi , @Johnson H. , @Amit M. , @Denise Madrid , @Chris Music

    Tagging spree to see who's interested.. Hope to see you all there!

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    More folks from the last EB Meetup post.. come join us!

    @Jaren Barnes ,

  • Real Estate Investor · Southern CA · Member since 2013 · 86 posts · 41 votes
    12y

    J, you're so awesome! Love your planning and organizational skills!! I have nothing planned that day and I enjoyed the last BP meet up so count me in! Thanks again =)

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    What: East Bay BP Meetup - 2014!

    When: Thursday, January 16th, 2014 - 6:30PM to 9ish+

    Where: Rosamunde Sausage Grill (& Bar)
    Swans Market Place, 911 Washington St, Oakland, CA 94607
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/rosamunde-sausage-grill-oakland?nb=1

    Get There: Take BART to 12th St/Civic Center Oakland Station& walk down Broadway to decreasing-numbered streets. Make a right on 9th St and walk to the first corner, at 911 Washington St. It is about a 5min walk, a block from the last EB meetup.

    Parking at 459 8th St, or other garages nearby at the link below. Address above.
    http://oaklandparking.spplus.com/Oakland-459-8th-Street-Parking.html

  • CA · Member since 2013 · 221 posts · 30 votes
    12y

    Thanks for setting this up @J. Martin

  • Real Estate Agent · Hercules, CA · Member since 2013 · 39 posts · 18 votes
    12y

    I look forward to my first EB BP Meetup. Thanks @J. Martin !

  • Marietta, GA · Member since 2013 · 202 posts · 118 votes
    12y

    J Martin-I'll be there!

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Denise Madrid , I'm usually not very organized.. but trying! Glad to see you're coming :) Hopefully I can talk to you before you're walking out the door this time!

    @Pete Tam and @Kevin Auyong , Looking forward to seeing you two again too.

    @Alan Malicse , welcome, and looking forward to meeting you!

  • Real Estate Investor · Santa Cruz, CA · Member since 2009 · 267 posts · 73 votes
    12y

    I'm in. See you guys in January! And thanks again for setting this up J.

  • San Francisco, CA · Member since 2013 · 52 posts · 12 votes
    12y

    I will be there with @Justin Yau

  • Chris MusicPro Member
    Investor · Walnut Creek, CA · Member since 2013 · 219 posts · 66 votes
    12y

    Sounds good J, we'll see you out there. Happy Holidays!

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Joey Budka , glad to see you can make it out.. let me know if you have any sub-8 GRM properties that pop up in your network..

    @Chris Music , I saw Denise, and was wondering where you were at..! Talk to you there.

    @Jessica Yau , looking forward to talking to you more too.. I'm still <3 W Oakland lol Not quite Belmont! But a cool dynamic nevertheless (w/ plenty of grit remaining..) Actually, I'm looking around for a small place to rent near downtown, lake, W Oak, or temescal starting around February. If you have any units opening up in your building soon, and want a good tenant to pay rent on time and report back to you on the building, let me know!

    Posting the meetup info again to keep it handy for those coming to the forum..

    What: East Bay BP Meetup - 2014!

    When: Thursday, January 16th, 2014 - 6:30PM to 9ish+

    Where: Rosamunde Sausage Grill (& Bar)
    Swans Market Place, 911 Washington St, Oakland, CA 94607
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/rosamunde-sausage-grill-oakland?nb=1

    Get There: Take BART to 12th St/Civic Center Oakland Station& walk down Broadway to decreasing-numbered streets. Make a right on 9th St and walk to the first corner, at 911 Washington St. It is about a 5min walk, a block from the last EB meetup.

    Parking at 459 8th St, or other garages nearby at the link below. Address above.
    http://oaklandparking.spplus.com/Oakland-459-8th-Street-Parking.html

  • San Jose, CA · Member since 2013 · 66 posts · 21 votes
    12y

    @J. Martin - Hey J - Thanks for organizing another BP meetup and keeping me in the loop. It looks like I should be free that day so I'm planning on being there. Bummed I had to miss the last one but i'll make up for it in 2014!

    -Andrew

  • Investor · Concord, CA · Member since 2013 · 22 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    JMartin it will be great to catch up on things once again. Thanks for organizing this. I look forward to meeting up with everyone once again.

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    Andrew and Sam, two great additions to the meetup! Two of the few that I've actually had more time to sit down and talk to.. Looking forward to talking to both of you there!

  • Investor · Lake Mary, FL · Member since 2013 · 17 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    Ill be there! I just started out in wholesaling and would be a great opportunity to meet up with people in the area.

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Shakir Ansari , you area code is PA and so is your profile.. The meetup is in Oakland, CA. If you're moving out here or on travels, you're welcome to join! If it's a different Oakland, I'm sure you'll be able to find something locally!

  • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2013 · 59 posts · 14 votes
    12y
    J Martin thanks for setting this up!
  • Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2012 · 28 posts · 17 votes
    12y

    @J. Martin Thanks for setting up another EB meetup! I'm driving to LA the next morning, but I'll definitely drop in for a little while. Looking forward to it.

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Melvin Yuen , happy to get everyone together. Looking forward to chatting with you there. @Ken Lau , better a little than none at all! See you then. And happy holidays everyone!

    What: East Bay BP Meetup - 2014!

    When: Thursday, January 16th, 2014 - 6:30PM to 9ish+

    Where: Rosamunde Sausage Grill (& Bar)
    Swans Market Place, 911 Washington St, Oakland, CA 94607
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/rosamunde-sausage-grill-oakland?nb=1

    Get There: Take BART to 12th St/Civic Center Oakland Station& walk down Broadway to decreasing-numbered streets. Make a right on 9th St and walk to the first corner, at 911 Washington St. It is about a 5min walk, a block from the last EB meetup.

    Parking at 459 8th St, or other garages nearby at the link below. Address above.
    http://oaklandparking.spplus.com/Oakland-459-8th-Street-Parking.html

  • Investor · Antioch, CA · Member since 2013 · 79 posts · 58 votes
    12y

    Hi J, thanks for organizing this! Count me in! So excited to meet everyone and geek out. :-D

    Erin

  • Lender · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2013 · 78 posts · 44 votes
    12y
  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    @Ralph E.

    Thank you and Happy Holidays to you as well

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Erin A. , glad we'll be able to meet up at this event.. I was going to propose a meetup with Stockton folks since I'll be working out there in January.. but this will be good ;)

    @Ralph E. , sorry you can't make it this time.. Keep monitoring this forum, and I'll post the next meetup on here..

    @Michaela G. , can you come out and say hi again..?

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @J. Martin:
    @Erin A..

    @Michaela Graham , can you come out and say hi again..?

    Thanks for asking, but I don't anticipate to be there. I don't really have anything to contribute, since I don't invest in this area.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.