Columbus, Ohio Meetup

Columbus, Ohio Meetup

When:

Where:Yogi's Hard Rd. Dublin Oh

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2012 · 181 posts · 51 votes

As a continuance of the forum post "Columbus Ohio BP Meetup", I am making it official by posting in the events section.

Where: Yogi's on Hard Rd in Dublin

When: April 7th, 6pm

What: There will be a loose agenda, intros/goals, followed by network session

Bring your business cards and be ready to network!

For more info or questions, feel free to PM me or call 614.500.7996

Thanks!

Steve

0Reply
203 views

Most Popular Reply

Virtual Assistant · Reynoldsburg, OH · Member since 2014 · 66 posts · 23 votes
11y

I'll be there. See you guys then :)

See this reply in the discussion

92 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Mason, OH · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Cool, exciting stuff! 

  • John HornerPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Columbus, OH · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 655 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Steve Baldwin:

    Hello everyone!

    We were able to lock down a location for the Columbus meetup!

    J. Lui - Reserved Section in Bar area.

    6880 High St, Worthington, OH 43085

    (614) 888-1818

    Please let me know if anyone has any questions.

    Thanks,

    Steve Baldwin

    Excited to bring this Columbus meetup back to life with @Steve Baldwin!

    See you all here on Monday, August 17th!

  • Investor · Westerville, OH · Member since 2015 · 43 posts · 10 votes
    11y

    I am looking forward to meeting you all tonight! I will also be brining my husband who is a Licensed Electrician. See you soon!!

  • Investor · Westerville, OH · Member since 2015 · 43 posts · 10 votes
    11y

    @Steve Baldwin Thank you for hosting such a great opportunity to network yesterday! I am looking forward to the next event and connecting with even more BP members!

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    I came across this post too late - will have to wait for the next one in September!

  • Professional · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    aww... i missed this too! 

    Is there a way to get reminders about this for future events or can i assume same place every third monday?

  • John HornerPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Columbus, OH · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 655 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    @Steve Baldwin @John Horner- is there another meetup scheduled for September??

     Hey Liz, sorry to inform you that we had such a poor turnout at the first meeting that Steve and I decided to discontinue the meetup.  

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 4 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @John Horner:
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    @Steve Baldwin @John Horner- is there another meetup scheduled for September??

     Hey Liz, sorry to inform you that we had such a poor turnout at the first meeting that Steve and I decided to discontinue the meetup.  

     Oh I'm sorry to hear that! I missed the last one (out of town) and has been really looking forward to this one... Maybe some day in the future we can a group together.

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2012 · 181 posts · 51 votes
    11y

    Thanks for reaching out guys! @Brian Hayes has put together a Saturday morning meetup in Dublin, I believe.

    The meetups have always been hit or miss. I have always wondered an agenda is beneficial vs. loose networking. Always good to start the conversation online!

    Steve

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    I did a Meet-up in Lima which was a total success with lots of people here. including my significant other, @Brandon Turner. It's only a 2 hour drive for you Columbus folks. If you want, we could perhaps think about putting one more together. I may even be able to get Brandon to come out again, though no promises - he is richer than ever and busier than ever.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker and Investor · Irvine, CA · Member since 2015 · 90 posts · 28 votes
    11y

    I'll be flying out to the Columbus area on the 29th of this month, to check out the area where I'll potentially be investing in. Would be great to meet up during my visit if possible. 

  • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2014 · 73 posts · 22 votes
    11y
    I was going to go to that last meet up too but ended up having to work. Aka met with some buyers and got in contract :)... Then the contract fell through :( but would totally be in to go if another one in Columbus was on the books.
  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 26 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    @Steve Baldwin are there any upcoming Columbus meetups? 

  • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 25 posts · 14 votes
    10y
    Are these meet ups still happening in Columbus. I am new and would like to meet up with other investors in Columbus to talk about where we are going and where we want to go. Let's set something up!
  • John HornerPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Columbus, OH · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 655 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Benjamin Reemsnyder:

    Are these meet ups still happening in Columbus. I am new and would like to meet up with other investors in Columbus to talk about where we are going and where we want to go. Let's set something up!

     This is one of the Meetups that came and went.  After this one Steve and I started another one at J Lui's in Worthington and the turnout was so poor at the first meeting we discontinued.

    Maybe try the local COREE.  

  • Investor / Landlord · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 276 posts · 174 votes
    10y

    @Benjamin Reemsnyder

    While not an official BP Meetup, there will be a FREE meeting at Tommy's Pizza on Dublin-Granville between Sawmill and Riverside on Thursday, Aug. 25th starting at 6 PM and ending around 9 PM.  BP participants will be there and the meeting is usually attended by 35 - 55 newbies and experienced investors.  The meeting starts with a Q&A session (primarily for newbies but advanced topics are welcome), then a featured speaker, then networking.  The featured speaker this month will be from the City of Columbus Division of Building and Zoning Services.  

  • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 134 posts · 48 votes
    10y

    This is a good meeting.  Lots of good free advice given out.  Always interesting to listen to others questions/problems/solutions.

  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 48 posts · 19 votes
    10y

    Steve/All,  

    I live on Hard road so your last location was perfect - Unfortunately I am seeing this now !

    I would love to attend/join  or help setup a meetup for Columbus Folks !
    I actually have a new after school learning facility that seats maybe 20+  (its like a mid sized training room) in worthington mall (www.stem-u.com) thats usually free based on the timings and we can use it to meet and there is an Amanos Bar  / and a Pies and pints right next door as well that we can move the meet to when we are done with offical business. 

    Maybe if we follow a quick formatted intro disucssion might be helpful - BP/shark tank style

    Intro
    Example of deal you have done to share - and the general financials
    Quick Tips
    Fire Round 
    Contacts of lenders, craftsman - etc we can share...

  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 48 posts · 19 votes
    10y

    I am willing to host a monthly meetup at my www.stem-u.com location in worthington mall (for as long as the space is available) - its a perfect setup for what we want to do. Near dublin, worthignton areas , and at worthington mall.  If only a few people show up we will go through our agenda and move to beer and pizza nextdoor?  Even if 1 person wants to meetup I am in !  If there is another one in progress already I want to join it as well !   :)  - I think if it is truly a regular thing we will be able to build a stronger bigger pockets community in Columbus! 

    Shay Reddy

  • Wooster, OH · Member since 2016 · 38 posts · 19 votes
    10y

    I am very interested!  Just starting out in Dublin, and would love any opportunities to meet and learn from more experienced investors.

  • Real Estate Marketing Professional · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 299 posts · 125 votes
    10y

    Hi, @Shay Reddy! I've been on BP for over a year now and I've seen a lot of people from our area on here who I know would be interested if they saw this post. I would suggest starting a new post if you're serious, since this one has been up for so long. And maybe post in multiple places, like this category as well as the local Columbus, Ohio forum. I bet you'd get a lot of takers. Good luck!

  • Investor · Grove City, OH · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    I'm in!!

  • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 112 posts · 79 votes
    10y

    I would meet up also!

  • Real Estate Agent · Circleville, OH · Member since 2008 · 633 posts · 488 votes
    10y

    I'd really like to go to a meetup/rei type thing. Been attending one here and would love to try something in Columbus!

  • Real Estate Broker · Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 86 posts · 45 votes
    10y

    I'm in Shay. And it was great to meet you yesterday!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.