Pittsburgh meetup?

Pittsburgh meetup?

When:

Where:Pittsburgh PA

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Bridgeville, PA · Member since 2013 · 395 posts · 105 votes

Hi Everyone,

I would love to organize a local meeting for Pittsburgh investors, I know we already have REIA & ACRE but I was thinking something a little less structured. In order to start the process I need to get a head count on how many people would come, I am thinking either a Monday or Friday night but I am up for suggestions.

I would like to meet monthly if everyone is up for it.

I don't have a time or date yet but I would like to setup the first one for December or January.

1Reply
189 views

Most Popular Reply

Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2013 · 82 posts · 17 votes
11y

@Ian Hoover I would be interested getting involved in a local Pittsburgh investors meeting.   I have been to Jerry's meeting and it's excellent, but haven't made it out recently as I am in North Pittsburgh. I think somewhere in North Hills would be a good general location.

See this reply in the discussion

82 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2014 · 266 posts · 240 votes
    11y

    Yes!!  

    Someone should send smoke signals to (the former) @David R.

  • Mars, PA · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    I would definitely be interested. Please keep me in the loop!

  • Bridgeville, PA · Member since 2013 · 395 posts · 105 votes
    11y

    What area of Pittsburgh works best? Once we get a ballpark on how many people I can start digging into venues.

    3 so far, where are all the yinzers at?

  • Real Estate Broker · Gibsonia, PA · Member since 2013 · 828 posts · 260 votes
    11y

    @Jerry Kisasonak don't you organize BP MTG in pittsburgh area?

  • Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2013 · 40 posts · 6 votes
    11y

    Add me to the head count.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Mc Keesport, PA · Member since 2012 · 449 posts · 154 votes
    11y

    Yes @Jennifer Lee . Our group is east of Pittsburgh - our venue is in White Oak. We get together on the third Thursday of the month. Our next meetup will be next week on the 20th. It's free to attend. Get in touch if you're interested. Our meetups are open to the general public and are not specific to any group (BP, Fortune Builders, etc) 

    Ian, I love your idea of creating a new group. I would scrap the idea of starting your meetings in December. It's tough to get people together that month due to the Christmas rush. We normally just have a Christmas get-together with no speaker or topic sometime in the beginning of December. You may want to consider opening a Meetup.com account for your meetings. That has helped us a lot in the early building phases and is a great way to keep investors updated on schedules, topics, etc. Keep me in mind if you need anything! 

  • Investor · Monroeville, PA · Member since 2014 · 102 posts · 32 votes
    11y

    @Ian Hoover I like the idea...I'm already a REIA member but count me in!

    @Jerry Kisasonak Meetup.com is an excellent suggestion...and a good way to push out messages to the group.

  • Bridgeville, PA · Member since 2013 · 395 posts · 105 votes
    11y

    @Jerry Kisasonak 

    True December is tough even for ACRE and REIA meetings, you don't mind if I start something on the west side of the city? I still would like to come by yours too how many people normally show?

    I know @Devin Woods said he was in and I am sure @Account Closed would come too.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Mc Keesport, PA · Member since 2012 · 449 posts · 154 votes
    11y

    I don't mind at all if you start one. If I were you a would do two things first:

    1. If you haven't already, find out if there are any other smaller groups in that area already that are already doing what you're envisioning. 

    2. Attend a few smaller groups to get ideas on how you'd like yours to run and to network with other local leaders. 

    About our group, we stated at a coffee shop and had a handful of investors show up. We changed venues twice since then, and our current venue is a banquet hall that's in the back of a bar & restaurant - Christina's in White Oak. There's seating for 75+ people. Our attendance generally ranges from 30-60 investors. For simple reasons of maintaining my sanity, I have not labored at length as to why attendance can be so spuratic. Other local group leaders have said that their attendance is equally as unpredictable, so I've accepted that as a normal occurrence and I am grateful for those who do attend. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2014 · 102 posts · 24 votes
    11y

    Thanks @Ian Hoover 

    I'm absolutely interested. 

  • Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2013 · 82 posts · 17 votes
    11y

    @Ian Hoover I would be interested getting involved in a local Pittsburgh investors meeting.   I have been to Jerry's meeting and it's excellent, but haven't made it out recently as I am in North Pittsburgh. I think somewhere in North Hills would be a good general location.

  • Real Estate Broker · Gibsonia, PA · Member since 2013 · 828 posts · 260 votes
    11y

    im at north hill too, I have only made it once to Jerry's meeting ;)

  • Investor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2011 · 117 posts · 78 votes
    11y

    @Ian Hoover I am very interested in another meetup as well.  I can second that Jerry's meeting is excellent and I would love to go however Thursdays are bad for me.  Please keep this forum updated on anything you develop!

  • Bridgeville, PA · Member since 2013 · 395 posts · 105 votes
    11y

    What day/time would be best for most people? I was thinking Monday or Friday night but feedback is key.

  • Investor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2011 · 117 posts · 78 votes
    11y

    @Ian Hoover 

    I vote Monday.

  • Investor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2014 · 31 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    I would be interested going /i vote Monday as well

  • Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2013 · 40 posts · 6 votes
    11y

    I agree with everyone else, Monday would work best with my schedule. 

  • Pittsburgh , PA · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    11y
    I'm very interested. I would like to attend once I move to Pittsburgh in April. I Hope to meet you all and make some new friends.
  • Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2014 · 34 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    I am also interested in this. As i am in learning mode i believe this can be a great benefit for me. Monday works for me.

  • Real Estate Agent · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2014 · 102 posts · 24 votes
    11y

    Monday would work for me as well. North Hills would be convenient.

  • Bridgeville, PA · Member since 2013 · 395 posts · 105 votes
    11y

    I am thinking Monday January 12th from 6-8pm, I will start looking for a good location does that date & time work or should I say not work for anyone?

  • Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2013 · 82 posts · 17 votes
    11y

    @Ian Hoover That date and time works for me as of now.  Thanks

  • Investor · Carnegie, PA · Member since 2014 · 259 posts · 144 votes
    11y

    I agree, Monday is a good day. Definitely interested in attending. Thanks

  • Real Estate Investor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2014 · 15 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    I wish I had heard of this earlier. Count me in (if this is still going)!

  • Bridgeville, PA · Member since 2013 · 395 posts · 105 votes
    11y

    Still going on! I am working the details right now for a place, seems like we are going to have at least 15 people but as high as 30.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.