San Jose Meetup - Wed 12/16/15

San Jose Meetup - Wed 12/16/15

When:

Where:Parktown Pizza Company, 1350 S Park Victoria Dr Milpitas, CA 95035

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Johnson H.Pro Member
Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2010 · 910 posts · 889 votes

Hi All,

It's another month and time for another real estate meetup! These meetups have had 20-40 BP and Meetup.com members chatting about investing in the San Jose area and also out of state. Bay Area and out of state investor @Jay Y. initially suggested this meetup and I have been keeping it going ever since. Regular experienced investors such as @J Martin from Oakland and @Minh Le in San Jose have been regularly attending. We welcome anyone who would like to attend!

When: Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 6:30pm

Where: Whispers is now closed. Now we are at Parktown Pizza Company! Find us in the back room, reservations under my name if I run late!

1350 S Park Victoria Dr
Milpitas, CA 95035

http://www.yelp.com/biz/parktown-pizza-company-milpitas?sort_by=date_desc

Please support the small business by spending some money and tipping for the great service we receive every month! (I don't pay for the space nor do I receive anything from the restaurant)

Introductions will at 7pm and its free networking afterwards.

Looking forward to meeting new investors and seeing familiar faces.

Regards,

Johnson

Keywords:

South Bay , South Bay Meetup , Bay Area , Meetup , Meet up , Meet-up , San Francisco , Oakland , Berkeley , Alameda County , Contra Costa County , Solano County , Richmond , Hercules , Concord , Albany , Pittsburgh , Marin San Rafael , South Bay , Peninsula , Walnut Creek , Pittsburgh , Antioch , Pleasanton , Fremont , Castro Valley, San Jose, Milpitas, Sunnyvale, Fremont, Palo Alto, Santa Clara, Mountain View, Gilroy, Santa Cruz

3Reply
53 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
10y

@Myo Thein,

You have to make it. It's right in your backyard. Johnson lives in SF and hosts the meetup in the SouthBay for investors' benefits. 

We were there at 5:30pm the last time although the meetup doesn't start until 7pm. The restaurant closes at 9:30pm, but some of us were loitering around until 11pm. You're welcome to come and leave whenever. It's one of those subjects that some of us could discuss forever. Just like boba milk tea, I have demonstrated with Johnson my caffeine tolerance level over the weekend, and how one can "work" 12-15 hours a day and enjoy every moment of it without feeling like work.  :>)

@Xiaojun M., come on out if ft a little bit you have time. 

See this reply in the discussion

25 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Palo Alto, CA · Member since 2015 · 33 posts · 10 votes
    10y

    Great!  I'll definitely try to make it to my first meet up with BP fellows!  Looking forward to it!  Do you know how long it run typically?

  • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2015 · 236 posts · 156 votes
    10y

    @Johnson H, This meetup sounds great! Thanks for setting it up. 

    Hopefully I can make it. I own property in downtown San Jose and am wondering how the market is down there and if I should refi and keep my property or sell. I'd be coming down from San Francisco and after my day job, so with traffic and all, it might be hard.

    If I don't make this one, hopefully I'll make the next one. Maybe one up in SF?

  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    10y

    @Myo Thein,

    You have to make it. It's right in your backyard. Johnson lives in SF and hosts the meetup in the SouthBay for investors' benefits. 

    We were there at 5:30pm the last time although the meetup doesn't start until 7pm. The restaurant closes at 9:30pm, but some of us were loitering around until 11pm. You're welcome to come and leave whenever. It's one of those subjects that some of us could discuss forever. Just like boba milk tea, I have demonstrated with Johnson my caffeine tolerance level over the weekend, and how one can "work" 12-15 hours a day and enjoy every moment of it without feeling like work.  :>)

    @Xiaojun M., come on out if ft a little bit you have time. 

  • Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2015 · 63 posts · 55 votes
    10y

    Thanks @Johnson H.  I'd love if you could keep me in the loop for these events in the future. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Palo Alto, CA · Member since 2015 · 33 posts · 10 votes
    10y

    @Account Closed  Nice.  I like Boba or Pizza, haha.  I have 2 years old twin girls at home so I was just timing with their bed time and such.  But I will definitely try to make it.  If you guys are planning to be there early, give me a howl.  I can come early, but I might have to leave by before 8:30 or so.  Looking forward to it!

  • Rental Property Investor · Palo Alto, CA · Member since 2015 · 33 posts · 10 votes
    10y

    @Brent Tarnow I suggest you join the group on meetup.com.  Jason's signature has the link to it and that's how I know first then keyword alert kick in on BP.

  • Johnson H.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2010 · 910 posts · 889 votes
    10y

    @Myo Thein - Thanks for your interest in the meetup! Minh is correct that the pizza place closes at 9:30pm and people usually loiter around. I moved the start time earlier to 6:30pm but even then people show up earlier. I usually announce on this thread if I can make it even earlier to beat the traffic coming from San Francisco.

    @Brent Tarnow - I have a link in my signature that is free for you to sign up for the meetup. You'll receive an email when the next one is announced.

    @Sherwin Gonzales - If SJ is too far for you, there is a SF meetup on Tuesday hosted by my buddy J. I will be taking over the hosting duties for it next year as well. Come by Tuesday, I'll be there!

    http://www.meetup.com/REmeetup/events/227306105/

  • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2015 · 236 posts · 156 votes
    10y

    @Johnson H - Excellent! Thanks for letting me know about the SF meetup. That is definitely much more easier for me and I just RSVP'd! See you there!

  • Fremont, CA · Member since 2015 · 50 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    Great! Finally didn't miss it this time. I'm a newer BP member and will try to make it for tomorrow's meetup!

  • Investor · Morgan Hill, CA · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Sounds like a great event to attend.  This will be my first if I am able to make it.  I will try.

  • Wholesaler · Folsom, CA · Member since 2015 · 128 posts · 28 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Johnson H.:

    @Myo Thein - Thanks for your interest in the meetup! Minh is correct that the pizza place closes at 9:30pm and people usually loiter around. I moved the start time earlier to 6:30pm but even then people show up earlier. I usually announce on this thread if I can make it even earlier to beat the traffic coming from San Francisco.

    @Brent Tarnow - I have a link in my signature that is free for you to sign up for the meetup. You'll receive an email when the next one is announced.

    @Sherwin Gonzales - If SJ is too far for you, there is a SF meetup on Tuesday hosted by my buddy J. I will be taking over the hosting duties for it next year as well. Come by Tuesday, I'll be there!

    http://www.meetup.com/REmeetup/events/227306105/

    Hello, i was just wondering how this meetup was going to be setup. Is it going to be a private room for only people going to the meetup or is it going to be in the actual restaurant where anyone can sit down and listen in?

  • Johnson H.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2010 · 910 posts · 889 votes
    10y

    Thanks for everyone's interest tonight, looking forward to seeing you all!
    @Account Closed

    @Account Closed - This meetup is held at the back of the restaurant and not in a private room. Its at a pizza place so people can come and go as they please.

  • Johnson H.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2010 · 910 posts · 889 votes
    10y

    I also forgot to add that I will be there around 5pm today. Everyone is welcome to come by earlier as well!

  • Wholesaler · Folsom, CA · Member since 2015 · 128 posts · 28 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Johnson H.:

    Thanks for everyone's interest tonight, looking forward to seeing you all!
    @Account Closed

    @Account Closed - This meetup is held at the back of the restaurant and not in a private room. Its at a pizza place so people can come and go as they please.

     Ok perfect. I was just wondering because my wife wanted to tag along and maybe my son. Not sure if there was somewhere they can hang out while we are in the meetup

  • Johnson H.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2010 · 910 posts · 889 votes
    10y

    @Account Closed - That definitely wont be a problem. The place is pretty large with many tables and TV's and I doubt it will be busy tonight. Also, there are a few arcade games to keep your son entertained!

  • Investor · Cupertino, CA · Member since 2012 · 118 posts · 121 votes
    10y

    Given that it is Warriors game tonight - the place may be busy (of course depends on how many TVs they have!)

    @Johnson H. - see you in the evening.

  • Investor · Fremont, CA · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Great! I would like to join too, it is my first time. I just sign up as a member today.

  • Rental Property Investor · Palo Alto, CA · Member since 2015 · 33 posts · 10 votes
    10y

    Nice to see many of you in person and looking forward to next ones.  

    Thanks for hosting it @Johnson H. & @Account Closed.

  • Johnson H.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2010 · 910 posts · 889 votes
    10y

    Thanks for coming out everybody, another fun meetup and the last for 2015!

    It was good to meet you too @Myo Thein, I hope to hear about what you plan to do with your property in a future meetup. 

  • Investor · Fremont, CA · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    It was very nice to meet everyone, last night. Great meeting!

    I am looking forward for our next meet up too.

    Johnson, Thank you very much for put it together.

    also, how do I find out your meet up in SF? I would like to attend it too.

    Thank you!

  • Johnson H.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2010 · 910 posts · 889 votes
    10y

    @Andrew Lo - It was great meeting you as well and hearing about your stories. The BP SF meetup is at this link here:

    http://www.meetup.com/REmeetup/

  • Wholesaler · Folsom, CA · Member since 2015 · 128 posts · 28 votes
    10y

    Nice meeting you, thanks for putting it together. I met some really great people and soaked in bunch of knowledge. Cant wait for the next one. Thanks again

  • Wholesaler · Folsom, CA · Member since 2015 · 128 posts · 28 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    Nice meeting you, thanks for putting it together. I met some really great people and soaked in bunch of knowledge. Cant wait for the next one. Thanks again@Johnson H. 

  • Investor · Fremont, CA · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Thank you Johnson for the SF meetup info.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.