Topeka and Lawrence Kansas Networking RESOLVED

Topeka and Lawrence Kansas Networking RESOLVED

When:

Where:The Noresmen Brewing Company. Additional parking in the rear, 830 N Kansas Ave, Topeka, KS 66608 Topeka, Kansas 66608

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Topeka, KS · Member since 2018 · 41 posts · 13 votes

I have seen several posts from people in the Topeka and Lawrence area looking for investor networking opportunities closer to home. I, like many of you could not find one. So I created one. Please feel free to look up The Northeast Kansas Real Estate Investors Club on Facebook. 

The first meeting will be May 24th 2018. Meetings will be held the fourth Thursday of each month from 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm at the Norsemen Brewing Company, 830 N Kansas Ave, Topeka, KS 66608.  There is no agenda as of yet and I would like for the meetings to be somewhat informal but with enough suggestions and volunteers, that could change. I look forward to seeing you there!

4Reply
86 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Lenexa, KS · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 3 votes
8y

I invest in Topeka, but live in Lenexa (KC metro).  I know the Topeka market pretty well.  If you get a group going, I may want to join.  I am very interested flips in KC, Lawrence or Topeka and multiplex opportunities in Lawrence. Thanks for getting something going, Michael!

See this reply in the discussion

38 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Wichita, KS · Member since 2015 · 769 posts · 279 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Sara Thomas:

    Topeka has a lack of nice rentals per my tenants. 

    Completely agree with bolded statement as I am on the renter side here and have been looking off and on to buy for 7 mos - I still maintain real estate is vastly overpriced compared to what I could get for my money in Wichita much less the KC metro area.

    I'm not sure how much longer we will stay here but the plan I have in my head is to buy the little acreage/house we live on now and just take out a construction loan in a year or two and build/add on to make what we want.    

  • Topeka, KS · Member since 2018 · 41 posts · 13 votes
    8y

    Just a quick reminder to those in the Topeka, Lawrence and Northeast Kansas area. The Northeast Kansas Real Estate Investors Club June meeting is June 28th.

    If you are a local investor please feel free to join us. If you know of someone in the area, please don't hesitate to invite them to join us as well. 

  • Topeka, KS · Member since 2018 · 41 posts · 13 votes
    8y

    Investors in the Topeka, Lawrence and Northeast Kansas area. The Northeast Kansas Real Estate Investors Club June meeting is tonight @7:00 pm at the Norsemen Brewing Company. 830 N Kansas Ave Topeka, Kansas 66608.

    See you there!

  • Topeka, KS · Member since 2018 · 41 posts · 13 votes
    8y

    It was great to see all of the new faces last night and connect with fellow investors. Looking forward to next month, July 26th. Mark your calendars!

  • Investor · Wichita, KS · Member since 2015 · 769 posts · 279 votes
    8y

    @Michael Stamps - did you get much of a turnout at the meetup?   Wanted to attend however we had our company staff meeting the same night and needed to be in attendance.

    Michael - do you or any other Topeka folks have a lead on a decent janitorial crew - need someone to come into our building and strip/rewax our floors - would need to start work around 6-7pm and would likely need to do the work in sections over a few days.  

    Also needing an electrician, cable/networking installer or network technician to run some network cable runs for us - most of the runs would be through a drop ceiling - have 2-3 that will be about 8-10' runs into an area where the ceiling is finished - however we do have easy attic access through the drop ceiling in the hallway right next to the offices.

    Could lead to work from time to time.

    Also - for any of you reading this - I've started a group on a very popular social networking site - I can't post the site due to the nazi rules here, however it could be called something like Topeka / Lawrence area contractors and home services group - would appreciate it if you'd join up and spread the word - Similar group was started by someone on this site for Wichita and it has grown exponentially and organically over the past couple of years - great for investors/retail folks and contractors alike to connect for work or work requests.  

    I have no network of contractors here so looking to grow one - figure the networking group can help not only myself but many other folks at the same time.

    Michael - hope to see you at the next meeting. Dont think we have anything planned.

  • Investor · Wichita, KS · Member since 2015 · 769 posts · 279 votes
    8y
  • Investor · Wichita, KS · Member since 2015 · 769 posts · 279 votes
    8y

    @Account Closed

  • Topeka, KS · Member since 2014 · 51 posts · 29 votes
    8y

    I think i should be able to make July 26th work

  • Topeka, KS · Member since 2017 · 27 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    where is July 26th meeting to be?

  • Topeka, KS · Member since 2018 · 41 posts · 13 votes
    8y

    Hi Justin the 26th meeting is at the Norsemen Brewery in North Topeka.

  • Topeka, KS · Member since 2018 · 41 posts · 13 votes
    8y

    Just a quick reminder to those in the Topeka, Lawrence and Northeast Kansas area. The Northeast Kansas Real Estate Investors Club July meeting is July 26th.

    If you are a local investor please feel free to join us. If you know of someone in the area, please don't hesitate to invite them to join us.

  • Topeka, KS · Member since 2018 · 41 posts · 13 votes
    8y

    Tonight is the July meeting of the Northeast Kansas Real Estate Investors Club. 7pm Norsemen Brewing Company 830 N Kansas. Are taking advantage of this opportunity to network with local investors?

  • Specialist · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Hi all. I have some deals in Lawrence, that I need help with. Looking to JV with another investor.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.