H.I.T.(Houston Investment Team) Houston's Inner Loop B.P. Meet Up

H.I.T.(Houston Investment Team) Houston's Inner Loop B.P. Meet Up

When:

Where:Frontier Title Company - Office Suite, 1177 West Loop South, Suite 1350 Houston, Texas 77027

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 212 posts · 49 votes

H.I.T (Houston Investment Team) is a central (inner loop) meet up for Houston, Texas. The name H.I.T. was born out of the foundational idea that Bigger Pockets promotes being helpful to one another and being a "team" as we embark on, or further, our real estate investment journey.

This meet up is for distinguished investors and the newbie as we all have things to gain and learn from each other.

Our September meet up will be held at the Frontier Title Company. They graciously allowed us to use their fantastic office and conference room with views of downtown and memorial park. There won't be any sales pitches, guru bs, or items for sale. This is purely a meet up for like-minded people looking to share and grow with others.

Our September speaker, Conor Kearns, is a 26 year-old medical sales professional. A few years into his professional sales career, Conor realized that despite his earning potential, his goal of true financial freedom would only be achieved through actively pursuing real estate investing. Since then, he has purchased and renovated 3 single family properties in a little less than 2 years. Conor has done this while continuing his work in the medical sales field, which consists of frequent travel and 60+ hour work weeks. Come hear how Conor is doing it all and achieving the goals he set out to hit. He will also be sharing the numbers and steps taken to close his last deal this past June. Conor also chose to use the host of H.I.T. Matthew Gullo to be apart of his team, so they will both touch on why he chose to do that, how it worked, and how it gave him an edge with the numbers.

Conor will be discussing the VERY obtainable ways he has been able to purchase, renovate, and rent his properties without overexposing himself to risk. Conor is aggressively continuing to scale his real estate business and will be targeting larger multi-family properties in the future.

In his free time, Conor enjoys working out and spending time with his loving and supportive girlfriend. An avid reader and podcast listener, he favorites anything by Malcolm Gladwell, Oren Klaff, Grant Cardone... and of course, Bigger Pockets!

Please help me in welcoming and getting the word out about our next speaker, Conor!

Share in the comments if you plan to attend so I can get a good head count.

To building the best version of yourself...

1Reply
38 views

23 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    See you there Matthew. Looking forward to meeting Conor as I'm around where he was at two years ago. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 212 posts · 49 votes
    7y

    @Juan Avila awesome thanks for responding.  I'm pumped for this one as is will be raw, real and relevant to so many of our guests. 

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Looking forward to attending my first H.I.T. meet up on the 25th!

  • Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 212 posts · 49 votes
    7y

    See you then @Colton Kelley

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Matthew, I plan to be there.

  • Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 212 posts · 49 votes
    7y

    Thanks for the response @Matthew Moorhead look forward to seeing you. 

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    Last months meet-up was very beneficial, so I'm looking forward to attending this month as well. See you there, Matthew. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    I will be out of town. I enjoyed last month and looking forward to attending another one. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 212 posts · 49 votes
    7y

    Thanks @Omar Habib and @Dan Tran Glad you guys are getting a lot of value from the speakers and our other members. Cheers, 

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    I'm a newbie and medical sales professional, so I'm looking forward to inspiration from Conor on how to jump start my real estate investing journey!

  • Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 212 posts · 49 votes
    7y

    Right on @Anna Johnson look forward to having you. 

  • League City, TX · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Hi. Newbie looking forward to learning! Excited

  • Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 212 posts · 49 votes
    7y
  • Conroe, TX · Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    Hello,

    I am a newbie, this is my first meet up and looking forward for the information about investing in real estate.

  • Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 212 posts · 49 votes
    7y

    Welcome to the community @Flor Park

  • Rental Property Investor · Houston · Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    Hey Matthew, I plan to attend the event on the 25th. This will be my first H.I.T. event and I am really looking forward to it.

  • Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 212 posts · 49 votes
    7y
  • Houston, TX · Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Looking forward to attending. This will be my first event. 

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    I just moved to Houston from San Jose, CA. So excited to find this forum! I think I’m experiencing the dilemma that Conor went through. Hope to find motivation in his presentation and follow his foot steps. Looking forward to meet everyone! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 212 posts · 49 votes
    7y

    Great to hear @Tha Lock and @Thao H Tong !   See you all this evening.

  • Kingwood, TX · Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    We are newbies and this will be our first HIT meeting. My wife is an Interior Designer and I'm an emergency physician. Doing a lot of reading, webinars and podcasts but haven't pulled the trigger on a property yet. Hoping to BRRRR soon!

    Richard and Leticia Keiger

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Great meet up. Thanks for your time and sharing your insights!

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Had car trouble this evening - very sorry to miss seeing everyone. Hope to catch the next one!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.