San Antonio Meetup

San Antonio Meetup

Where:Unknown

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2011 · 25 posts · 1 vote

Been looking at past BP posts and haven't found anything about San Antonio BP networking meet-ups but see quite a few other cities meeting.

Anybody interested in possibly planning something in the next month or so? I would plan it and lead it but I'm the one looking to pick the brains and learn from the more experienced, so I would be useless in providing meaningful information.

0Reply
87 views

Most Popular Reply

Involved In Real Estate · Fair Oaks Ranch, TX · Member since 2014 · 49 posts · 23 votes
12y

Just made a Google Form for the event:

RSVP for 1st meetup in SA

You should be able to view the list of attendees after you respond yes or no.

Let's review the list on Monday and decided whether to go through with it.

See this reply in the discussion

57 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Accountant · Denver, CO · Member since 2012 · 154 posts · 61 votes
    13y

    I would be interested , I actually live and invest in Austin but I plan on getting into some long term rentals and flips in SA in the next few months.

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    13y

    If it is on the weekend I may be able to attend. Something in north San Antonio would be the easiest for me.

  • CO · Member since 2012 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Me and my father liver here in San Antonio, and we would be interested in a meet up! We are in the North 281 area

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2013 · 1 post · 0 votes
    13y

    Definitely Interested in a meet up!

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2013 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Have any San Antonio meetups ever taken place? Would love to take part in one when it comes together.

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 452 posts · 309 votes
    13y

    Like Bryan Hancock and Baltazar Camacho, if my schedule allows I would love to drive in from Austin to attend.

    Lynn

  • Engineer · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2013 · 38 posts · 2 votes
    13y

    Did a meetup occur? If so, is another one planned? If not, I'm interested in trying to get something organized. I'm another newbie in SA trying to educate myself and get started.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 38 posts · 5 votes
    13y

    @Jeff Brown

    I've been a member for several months have yet to see or hear of any BP meet up. I have recently checked out SanAREIA meet up that was pretty informative and more importantly a great networking opportunity. It's basically ran by Phil Grove and his wife (Investment Guru's of Texas) so you might hear a sales pitch or two. But like I said the info is good and networking opportunities even better. Here's a link to their next meet up.

    http://www.meetup.com/San-Antonio-REIA/

  • Engineer · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2013 · 38 posts · 2 votes
    13y

    I plan to attend on 8.27. Thanks!

  • Canyon Lake, TX · Member since 2013 · 11 posts · 3 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Jeremy Gonzales:
    @Jeff Brown I've been a member for several months have yet to see or hear of any BP meet up. I have recently checked out SanAREIA meet up that was pretty informative and more importantly a great networking opportunity. It's basically ran by Phil Grove and his wife (Investment Guru's of Texas) so you might hear a sales pitch or two. But like I said the info is good and networking opportunities even better. Here's a link to their next meet up. http://www.meetup.com/San-Antonio-REIA/

    I'll be there tonight. Hope to see y'all there!
  • Jeremy HeathPro Member
    Homeowner · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Will there be any meet ups happening in San Antonio or Austin in the near fututre? 

  • Handy Man · Canon City, CO · Member since 2013 · 38 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    I would be interested in one. I am moving to the area September 1st.

    Would be great to network with some REI people.

    Levi

  • Seth TeelPro Member
    Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2012 · 596 posts · 587 votes
    12y

    There are several existing meetups, however I'd be very interested in a BP meetup simply because most of the SA investors I see on BP aren't the same people I see at every meetup already taking place.  I always love to network with new people.  Keep me in the loop, or maybe a few of us could take the reins? 

  • Involved In Real Estate · Fair Oaks Ranch, TX · Member since 2014 · 49 posts · 23 votes
    12y

    I'd be up for a Bigger Pockets San Antonio meetup.  Any thoughts on the matter?  What's most important in everyone's mind?

    For some reason location is screaming in my head.  I don't know why; there are plenty of places to meet.

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 29 posts · 14 votes
    12y

    @Cassandra Truax I would hope that there would be a BP Meetup in San Antonio in the near future! I agree that location would not be the problem.

  • Investor · Schertz, TX · Member since 2014 · 70 posts · 13 votes
    12y

    We're members of SAREIA, but please count us in if a BP Meetup is formed.

  • Engineer · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2013 · 38 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    I'm in.

    If we want to try for by the end of August, here are some (potential) conflicts to consider:

    1. SA REIA on August 11th at 6pm

    2. SA REI on August 19th at noon.

    3. SA Real Estate Investors on July 31st at 7pm, but nothing scheduled yet in August.

    4. Lifestyles Unlimited - I couldn't easily find a calendar of events, but they are having their workshop on July 29th & 31st at 6:30pm and August 2nd at 10am.

    I'm thinking somewhere north central would be fairly centralized. Anyone not work too much and get out enough to know of somewhere with room for a gathering and not so noisy that shouting is necessary? Someplace quiet and casual to talk? I'm assuming a weekday evening would work best for most. I don't mind coordinating if needed. Thoughts? 

  • Engineer · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2013 · 38 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    Two more found:

    5. Investment Real Estate Round Table on August 13th at 9am.

    6. Real Estate Investment Club of San Antonio on August 21st at 6pm.

  • Involved In Real Estate · Fair Oaks Ranch, TX · Member since 2014 · 49 posts · 23 votes
    12y

    @Account Closed here a couple of locations:

    La Taza on Brookhollow and 281 - coffee shop, open until 10

    Candlelight - N St. Mary's near 281 - coffee shop/bar/restaurant, comfy furniture, open plenty late, indoor and outdoor seating

    Both of these are no shouting locations, which I totally agree with you on.  I've come home hoarse from meetups before.

    The Cove - near SAC - great craft beers, can get a little crowded at times -outdoor seating.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2014 · 74 posts · 26 votes
    12y

    I am willing to partner with someone to fund location and event for a BP meetup in San Antonio. I have a available on the river walk (New Wyndham hotel). Please let me know if any of you would like to partner to make this happen! @Cassandra Truax @Account Closed  

  • Realtor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 56 posts · 29 votes
    12y

    Newbie Real Estate Investor/Full time RE agent here.  I'm up for a BP meeting.  I'll keep an eye out for when the date/place is set.  

  • Engineer · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2013 · 38 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    It's been a manic week. I'll try to get back to this later this weekend.

  • Engineer · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2013 · 38 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    How about Tuesday, Aug 12th, at 6pm at Candlelight Coffee House, 3011 N St Mary's St, San Antonio, TX? I'm flexible as needed. Who is in?

  • Seth TeelPro Member
    Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2012 · 596 posts · 587 votes
    12y

    I will be there.

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2013 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    I might be able to make it as well.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.