Local Meet Up for Milwaukee Members

Local Meet Up for Milwaukee Members

Flipper/Rehabber · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2008 · 489 posts · 300 votes

Hello Everyone!

In today's newsletter Brandon put it out there that maybe we should set up a local BiggerPockets Real Estate Meetup and I thought that, that was a FABULOUS idea!

I have looked into REIA meeting times and most of the time I cannot make them, because I work full time, so this would be a great alternative.

Please let me know asap if you would be interested and what days and times work best for you and then I will figure out the when and where.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!!

Nicole

1Reply
697 views

Most Popular Reply

Dawn AnastasiPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 4k+ votes
13y

I agree -- this was an awesome meetup! I really enjoyed meeting everyone there, and liked the introductions by everyone and what real estate investing they have done and where they plan to go. I also learned that Scooby Doo is a favorite of more than one person in the group!

See this reply in the discussion

158 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2008 · 489 posts · 300 votes
    12y

    Seth B.

    Hello and welcome to BP! Absolutely...the more the merrier. Just be prepared to talk a little bit about yourself and your real estate goals:)

    So we will see you Saturday morning!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2008 · 489 posts · 300 votes
    12y

    Thank you to everyone who came this morning, it was a strong turnout and hopefully you all gained some knowledge from this meeting along with networking with some great people!

    I will start a small blog within this community to go over our meetings for the people that are unable to make it.

    We are looking to doing the meetings every month, so I will get back to you on when that will start.

    As always, feel free to contact me with any suggestions or things you would like to see at our next meet up.

    Again, thank you everyone! Without you, this would not be a success, so I appreciate it very much!

  • Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 20 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    It was a very informative and helpful meeting! I really enjoyed meeting everyone and I look forward to our future meetings. Nicole, I will assist you with the monthly meetings. Just let me know what you need me to do. Is it possible to book the coffee shop conference room or do we have to change venue each time?

  • Investor · Wauwatosa, WI · Member since 2013 · 53 posts · 9 votes
    12y

    Great meeting, enjoyed meeting you all.

    Because not everyone has business cards, can you email out everyone's email address Nicole? If everyone is okay with that?

  • New Berlin, WI · Member since 2013 · 26 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    Thanks again for organizing todays meeting Nicole! I can assist in the future as well.

    Great meeting everyone today and thanks for sharing your knowledge!

  • Dawn AnastasiPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    Definitely a great meeting! I'm glad the meeting space allowed us to stay past the 4 hour timeframe you reserved it for as it went into almost 6 hours.

    One of my favorite quotes from the day:

    Don't buy from a drunk.

  • Investor · Wauwatosa, WI · Member since 2013 · 53 posts · 9 votes
    12y

    And here I left quickly to try and respect the time alotted. I'll know better next time :)

  • Real Estate Investor · Waukegan, IL · Member since 2013 · 367 posts · 80 votes
    12y

    Great time, networking, information and location. @Nicole Pettis thanks for organizing. Looking toward to the next meetup. The blog sounds like a great idea.

  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 525 votes
    12y

    @Dave Carpenter , @NicolePettis, and group

    I sent out email to J Scott

    I will keep the group updated :

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    if were able to land him as guest speaker over the

    next few months.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2008 · 489 posts · 300 votes
    12y

    Sounds good @Ramon Jenkins Thank you!

  • Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 20 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Excellent idea @Ramon Jenkins! That would be great.

  • Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    It was great meeting everyone during our Milwaukee meet-up on Saturday and chatting about our activities/goals, etc. Thanks @Nicole Pettis for setting it all up. The location was great. Sorry that Jeremy and I had to duck out so early. We'll have to arrange our schedule better next time as we definitely wanted to hear and participate more.

    As you guys know we were also a little nuts as we are in the midst of this flip - learning a lot from it and we are definitely documenting as much as possible and will share as much as anyone is interested in listening ;) But thanks for giving us a pass on our quick download of what's going on...

    Looking forward to the next meeting where my hopes are to be done with this house, sold and onto another property. We will see!

  • Dawn AnastasiPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    @Catherine Corrao what percentage done are you on that house?

  • Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    @Dawn Anastasi we are two months in and is say about 65-70% done...still have the kitchen to install, finish the bathroom and flooring and then some finishing touches. It definitely has taken us more time but since we are mostly weekend warriors on this house it is taking time. Plus like we said we took the house down to the studs -pretty much the only thing that is staying are a few doors and windows :) it's a small house but still lots of work (& learning the process of a whole house remodel)

  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2010 · 129 posts · 24 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by Dawn Anastasi:

    One of my favorite quotes from the day:

    Don't buy from a drunk.

    LOLOL I'm glad you enjoyed that quote!

  • Dave CarpenterPro Member
    Investor · Cedarburg, WI · Member since 2013 · 439 posts · 150 votes
    12y

    @Catherine Corrao glad you guys could join us . It was great to hear your story, and I'm sure many of us would be interested to hear all about the flip from a weekend warrior. Pictures too! Good luck on the rest of the flip.

  • Real Estate Investor · Waukegan, IL · Member since 2013 · 367 posts · 80 votes
    12y

    @Catherine Corrao co-sign what @Dave Carpenter said. I'd love to hear the details: where/how did you find? How did you acquire? And pics, pics and more pics. I love rehabbing.

  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 525 votes
    12y

    @Nicole Pettis , @Dave Carpenter , @Dale Giles , and group

    I do listen besides talking :)

    A few requested: Andrew from Cherry Creek as guest speaker.

    He is willing to be available for 30 minutes to one hour, fyi.

    Andrew just needs to know two different available upcoming

    meeting dates and times.

    Nicole I know your really busy, so whenever you have

    opportunity to firm the next two upcoming meetings,

    please private message me.

    Andrew also might belong along a commercial / portfolio lender

    on the same meeting. ( Weather permitting )

    If anyone needs his contact information before next meeting,

    please private message me

    Moderators: I receive no monetary gains for

    upcoming meeting with Andrew, fyi

  • Flipper/Rehabber · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2008 · 489 posts · 300 votes
    12y

    @Ramon Jenkins Thank you!

    I'm not familiar with Andrew from Cherry Creek, but if he has knowledge to bring to the table that will be fantastic.

    Just as an FYI..I'm thinking we will take December off and start fresh in January with monthly meetings. Have to talk to the committee to decide on when(meaning first of the month or third week of the month) however we will keep the same meeting space at Stone Creek.

    Thank you everyone for your help!

  • Sheboygan, WI · Member since 2013 · 107 posts · 18 votes
    12y

    Disappointed I couldn't make it! One of my guys called in, so I had to cover his work. That's why I need to get moving on rei.

  • Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 180 posts · 104 votes
    12y

    @Nicole Pettis I am new to the website and want to learn as much as I can about REI. I too live in MKE and would like to try to make the next meet-up. Can you please add me to your list? I will keep an eye on this thread as well. Thanks!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2008 · 489 posts · 300 votes
    12y

    @Mike Lowery hello! Welcome to BP:) tons of info available on this site! Consider yourself added to the list. Our next meet up will be in January, so I hope to see upon there.:)

  • Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 180 posts · 104 votes
    12y

    @Nicole Pettis Thank you!

  • Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 20 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Hello Mike,

    Welcome to BP and to the Milwaukee BP Group!

  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 525 votes
    12y

    Welcome aboard

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.