Local Meet Up for Milwaukee Members

Local Meet Up for Milwaukee Members

Flipper/Rehabber · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2008 · 489 posts · 300 votes

Hello Everyone!

In today's newsletter Brandon put it out there that maybe we should set up a local BiggerPockets Real Estate Meetup and I thought that, that was a FABULOUS idea!

I have looked into REIA meeting times and most of the time I cannot make them, because I work full time, so this would be a great alternative.

Please let me know asap if you would be interested and what days and times work best for you and then I will figure out the when and where.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!!

Nicole

1Reply
643 views

Most Popular Reply

Dawn AnastasiPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 4k+ votes
13y

I agree -- this was an awesome meetup! I really enjoyed meeting everyone there, and liked the introductions by everyone and what real estate investing they have done and where they plan to go. I also learned that Scooby Doo is a favorite of more than one person in the group!

See this reply in the discussion

158 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2010 · 129 posts · 24 votes
    12y

    welcome @Mike Lowery looking forward to meeting you in January

  • Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 180 posts · 104 votes
    12y

    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I look forward to meeting all of you in the near future!

  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 525 votes
    12y

    Just FYI provide by GMAR with less than 3 weeks left in 2013.

    Please see Counties attachment :

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Milwaukee, Racine, Kenosha, Ozaukee, Walworth,

    Waukesha, Sheboygan, Manitowoc, and etc

    Hopefully data might provide some guidelines on

    current and past inventory levels.

    Regardless have nice holidays and New Year.

    Just FYI provide by GMAR

    ( traditional and investment purchases )

  • Sheboygan, WI · Member since 2013 · 107 posts · 18 votes
    12y

    @Ramon Jenkins Thanks for the info. Crazy how some of the areas fluctuate month over month.

    In my area, Aug was the worst but Sept was the best. November basically the same.

  • Investor · SE Wisconsin/NE Illinois · Member since 2012 · 109 posts · 57 votes
    12y

    I was disappointed to miss the last meeting but will definitely try to make the meeting in January. Look forward to meeting everyone!

  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 525 votes
    12y

    Steve, hopefully sales pattern help you with future negotiation.

  • Real Estate Investor · Waukegan, IL · Member since 2013 · 367 posts · 80 votes
    12y

    @Ramon Jenkins

    Ramon, I'm not familiar with this data.

    What is New 11, New 12, etc. and 11 vs 3, 12 vs 13?

    Thanks!

  • Sheboygan, WI · Member since 2013 · 107 posts · 18 votes
    12y

    @Arthur Banks

    New and sold listings. 11 vs 12 is the year 2011 vs 2012 so you can see the percentage difference. Sales are clearly increasing over the last couple years, but more of a difference between 11 and 12 then there was 12 and 13.

    It also shows that there is a very steep drop off(50% or more) in sold listings in Jan/Feb.

    Hopefully we can all swing a couple smoking deals on homes that have already sat a couple months or the seller will likely have to pay holding costs on for many more months. The market slows down around 50% between October and March. More buyer friendly, but there are also 30%ish less listings. Each county is different, but same pattern.

  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 525 votes
    12y

    @Arthur Banks sorry I miss your message.

    I have been on the road a lot this week.

    Steve broke it down very well

    I'm giving you a vote

  • Real Estate Investor · Waukegan, IL · Member since 2013 · 367 posts · 80 votes
    12y

    @Steve Foth

    Thanks a heap!

    @Ramon Jenkins

    No prob. Good lookin' out

  • Rental Property Investor · Madison, WI · Member since 2013 · 629 posts · 339 votes
    12y

    @Jenkins Ramon, thanks for telling me about this page/thread.

    We'll be in Milwaukee for the day next Sunday, most likely. Art museum, etc.

  • Franksville, WI · Member since 2013 · 10 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    @Nicole Pettis could you please put me on the list for the next meet up? I'm new to BP and I'm from Racine. I'd love to get involved. Thanks

  • Flipper/Rehabber · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2008 · 489 posts · 300 votes
    12y

    @Paul Zierk Welcome! I sure will, just keep track of this thread, because this is where we make all of the meet up announcements.

  • Racine, WI · Member since 2013 · 24 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    Hello All,
    I am new to BP also and I live in Racine. I have a few rental properties and want more; that's where you all come in. I am struggling with my financial decision making so that i can retire in 10 years and become a snow bird. Enough of this cold weather! Anyway, would love to meet all of you in my area and learn what you know. Let me know when the next meeting is; unfortunately I am a second shifter so hopefully a weekend meeting will happen sometime!!

  • Sheboygan, WI · Member since 2013 · 107 posts · 18 votes
    12y

    @Carrie Smukal Definitely a time of year all of us in Wisconsin think about being snow birds! All schools already shut down on Monday is crazy!

  • Real Estate Investor · Waukegan, IL · Member since 2013 · 367 posts · 80 votes
    12y

    @Carrie Smukal Welcome! Keep your eye on this post and I'm sure Nicole will chime in soon with a date. I believe it should be this month. I also believe the group decided weekends work best for most.

  • Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2013 · 14 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Hello! new to BP and looking forward to meeting everyone at the BP meet-up!!

  • Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 20 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    @Carrie Smukal, welcome! Nicole will be announcing the meet up date soon. Looking forward to meeting you!

  • Real Estate Investor · Waukegan, IL · Member since 2013 · 367 posts · 80 votes
    12y

    @Tyeesha Bradley Welcome!

  • Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 20 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    @Tyeesha Bradley, welcome!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2008 · 489 posts · 300 votes
    12y

    Hello Everyone!

    I hope your holidays were wonderful!

    Our Milwaukee meetup committee got together to discuss the future of local meetups and how we are going to move forward with the group. So with that being said...

    • The meetings will be the last Saturday of every month at Stone Creek Coffee in Downtown Milwaukee @ 422 N. 5th Street starting at 9am

    • We will bring in quest speakers/experts to discuss the topic of the
    meeting. No sales pitches...we promise

    • The meetings will last no longer than 2 hours and we will have an agenda so the meeting go on to long.

    The next 3 dates for the Meetup will be

    • January 25th - Financing 101

    • February 22nd - Being the best Landlord and how to find great tenants

    • March 29th - How to finance your Buy and Hold Portfolio

    The cost will still be $5 per meeting. @Alex Anderson will be adding a link to this thread where you can pay online, if you don't want to bring cash.

    January 25th topic will be financing again. We felt the last one didn't cover too much, so we wanted to do it again. This time we will have a mortgage broker speak about Conventional, FHA/203k Reno loans, FannieMae & Freddie Mac Homepath Loans. Also we will discuss how to get your credit on track and understanding debt to income ratio when purchasing your first investment property.

    The agenda will be as follows:

    • Start time 9am 15 minute meet and greet(this is your time to move around and network)

    • Speaker will start at 9:15 and will have about a half hour to 45 minutes to talk and answers questions

    • After the speaker is finished, then you can mingle some more:)

    • We have the room till noon, so if you want to stay longer to talk to people you can

    If you have any ideas for topics, feel free to connect and PM me.

    The Milwaukee BP meetup mission is to educate and help you on your path to being a successful real estate investor!

    Please let me know if you have any questions.

    Thank you everyone for your support!!

  • Real Estate Investor · Waukegan, IL · Member since 2013 · 367 posts · 80 votes
    12y

    @Nicole Pettis That is awesome! Looking forward to the 25th!

    Great job and thanks again to the entire committee!

  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2010 · 129 posts · 24 votes
    12y

    Here is the link to register for the Milwaukee BP Meetup. Register for Milwaukee BP meetup

    you can also search for the event by using #MilwaukeeBP on Event Pally

  • Dawn AnastasiPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    Why does it show $5.57 to register instead of $5.00?

  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2010 · 129 posts · 24 votes
    12y

    @Dawn Anastasi

    it's the fees that are associated with using eventpally.com to be able to use your CC

    I'll also have my SQUARE app where they charge 2.75% to use your card.

    Just trying to keep options open for however anyone chooses to pay.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.