Has anyone had a successful relationship with BongoStays for either furnishing your STR property or management of that property? Since signing a contract with them I am unable to get anyone to answer emails or phone calls and am curious of others experiences.
I am so sorry!!! I really hate that they continue to scam people. Don’t reverse anything. They will promise upgraded furniture or extras to keep your money.
@Michael Baum Sure feel like an early adopter! It was an up front payment to receive the modeled layout of the home, and they had an individual go to the house to do the mock ups. That part went well. The transition of planning to executing has been a mess though. To the point where I am unable to receive a manifest of what has been delivered and what hasn't!
@Michael Baum Sure feel like an early adopter! It was an up front payment to receive the modeled layout of the home, and they had an individual go to the house to do the mock ups. That part went well. The transition of planning to executing has been a mess though. To the point where I am unable to receive a manifest of what has been delivered and what hasn't!
What does it take to get out of the whole deal? What are the terms?
Steve I am having the same issue. Once in a while they will send an email back with very vague reply . It’s been 3 months since I made the deposit . I am starting to worry it’s fraud and will be seeking legal counsel on next steps .
Steve I am having the same issue. Once in a while they will send an email back with very vague reply . It’s been 3 months since I made the deposit . I am starting to worry it’s fraud and will be seeking legal counsel on next steps .
I’m having the same issue with bongo stays. Please advise on legal counsel and your strategy to get paid
I did a property with BongoStays. This was my experience: after two months of my property sitting vacant waiting on furniture to deliver, I finally went out there and set it up myself because they never sent anyone. Their accounting team told me that they would refund part of the setup cost since I had to do it myself but they never did. So I paid them to set up my property and it was never done. They finally sent someone out at the very end, who took pictures of what I set up and emailed them to me to tell me what a great job they did. Unbelievable. The other big issue I have with BongoStays is that I paid for furniture that was never sent. The company acknowledged it and they never resolved it. They still owe me a refund for furniture they never ordered. Other people I know have had similar experiences.
Exactly same issues with Bongostays -- stay far, far away.
Paid them 14k for 2/2 furnished STR after getting through design revisions. I told them specific things I wanted them to order and they agreed, like specific mattress and latex toppers I use. they shipped cheaper horrid memory foam ones instead. Had strict timeline for delivery, they failed that too. Then delivered random orders which we were not allowed to do in building. then, sat there. Never sent anyone to set up. I flew in town, ended up setting it up - they finally hired a task rabbit person, as their team would just deliver a box and leave. He build beds and desks, but no design or bed making. They didnt pay said task rabbit guy. He took videos of everything in there, they sent it back showing the great job they did -- of the stuff I bought at Target and all the boxes I unpacked and put away. I washed and made all beds. I had to make inventory sheet myself and mark what they did not deliver and I bought -- they owed me 4500 back, I offered to settle for 3000 back. They said they would credit for the things they didnt deliver, but took credit from the task rabbit video for items I purchased separately, never replied on the work they did not do. Still have received nothing and they do not respond anymore -- I am filing with BBB as there was only one complaint on there, Rick the COO for ops team responded then, but now ignores everything. You all should too. I am also going to try to start dispute with my credit card. But they make sure they take the funds overseas and clear them prior to ordering anything, that is the 2 week wait. Never again.
We hired bongo stays to furnish our house in Tulum and have paid them over $50,000 and have received nothing. They just keep saying they’re having supply issues. This is the same excuse that everyone is getting from them. Someone please help me know what my next steps are. We are thinking of just hiring a lawyer, and getting thier business shut down.
If you paid ACH, then I don't think there is much you can do. If you paid by credit card then you can dispute that charge. Unfortunately I paid via ACH because it saved some money, but that came back to bite me. I still have not received furniture pieces that I paid for back in September of last year. Unbelievable.
We gave them a shot, would not reccomend. Poor communication. Poor delivery. There were some red flags prior and I should have trusted my gut on those, $2500 lost.
They recently furnished 12 corporate housing units in Houston for us and we were happy with the end product. We hired them for all mid-tier setups and got a good deal. They were a bit slow on the sofa's but that appeared to be a logistics carrier problem. For what it's worth we had a good experience overall.. We are using them again for our new units in Oklahoma City.
We've had a good one so far. They furnished our 8-bedroom home in California for around $65k all-in and we had a blast with the design process! The place turned out chic but not in a cliche way. Our company specializes in hosting bachelor & bachelorette parties via STR's. They did such a good job with the design that we also hired them for the management of this particular house. I can complain that they have switched our CSM a few times but other than that they have delivered on all the setup and management responsibilities we hired them for. Is it perfect — definitely not! But we've been working with them for almost 2 years and they've done a great job so far. Sorry to hear of the bad experiences. Maybe they're growing too quick? Hope this helps!
They are a SCAM! Same story as a few others trying to furnish in Tulum. I had sent them initial deposit of $2500 then $25k in September for the full furniture. They were supposed to deliver in October 2023 but kept saying there was a "wood shortage" in Tulum and they were having issues with the supplier. I went to check online today to see who I can contact and they are SHUT DOWN. Their email is bouncing and their contact # just goes to an automated messaging service. Is anyone dealing with the same thing? I am not even sure where to go from here.
We hired bongo stays to furnish our house in Tulum and have paid them over $50,000 and have received nothing. They just keep saying they’re having supply issues. This is the same excuse that everyone is getting from them. Someone please help me know what my next steps are. We are thinking of just hiring a lawyer, and getting thier business shut down.
Same story.
I went to check online today to see who I can contact and they are SHUT DOWN. Their email is bouncing and their contact # just goes to an automated messaging service.
Have you had any contact with anyone since posting here?
Here is the name and email address for one of the top management guys. He emailed me about 30 min ago still giving me the same excuses. His name is Frank Valencia. Hilany is another person that sticks to the same lie. She is the one who I picked out all the furniture with. She just repeats the same excuse over and over no matter what you say.
This is funny! Your name and post was mentioned to me as being the people who post fake reviews for them to help them look real. They have taken money from so many innocent people. Its not ok. Karma is a *****
This is funny! Your name and post was mentioned to me as being the people who post fake reviews for them to help them look real. They have taken money from so many innocent people. Its not ok. Karma is a *****
Rental Property Investor · TX · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 0 votes
2y
I’m starting a short to mid term rental business. Currently one property ready to go and I want to do 30 day plus rental and back fill open days with short term. All furnished. Curious if there are software options for managing both types of rentals.
This is funny! Your name and post was mentioned to me as being the people who post fake reviews for them to help them look real. They have taken money from so many innocent people. Its not ok. Karma is a *****
I guess you can't fix crazy.
What??? How is me having my money stolen make me crazy? Your replies aren't even about the issue at hand. Your just calling me a Karen. Please explain.
Steve I am having the same issue. Once in a while they will send an email back with very vague reply . It’s been 3 months since I made the deposit . I am starting to worry it’s fraud and will be seeking legal counsel on next steps .