Airbnb offering services

Airbnb offering services

John UnderwoodPro Member
Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes

I just got an email from Airbnb saying they are offering services.

I don't see this moving the needle and doubt I would ever use any of this.

Not sure where they are going to get and vet the services providers?

If I book a STR if am going on vacation or for an event so I already know what I'm going to do. I like to go to local restaurants and wouldn't be interested in a chef coming to my STR.

What do you think?

1Reply
106 views

Most Popular Reply

James CarlsonBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Colorado | stan.store/JamesCarlson · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
1y

@John Underwood

It seems like an offshoot of the Experiences they've been offering for five or six years now. (We actually ran a street art tour in Denver for two years that we offered through Airbnb Experiences.) 

I think it's brilliant of Airbnb. The Services offered so far seem in line with what a lot of travelers might want. Nails, spa treatments, massages, personal training. Airbnb is trying to be an all-in-one stop. 

I know my Colorado clients are a full spectrum of Airbnb properties -- from budget 1br cabins to high-end designed spaces. So it will be interesting to see if Services hit all those demographics.

James Carlson Real Estate
See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.