CPAs who own Real Estate in Anchorage, AK

CPAs who own Real Estate in Anchorage, AK

Real Estate Agent · Anchorage, AK · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 3 votes

I'm looking for a local CPA that has Real Estate investments in the Anchorage, AK area. If anyone has suggestions on who I should reach out to, that would be awesome! Who do you use? Do you do your own? I'm at the point now, where I feel I've learned all I can without going back to school to do it myself as a CPA. I am wanting to line out a process with a CPA to expand future strategies and know what is 5-10 years out. Thank you for your suggestions in advance!

0Reply
46 views

Most Popular Reply

Chris S.Business Member
Property Manager · Anchorage, AK · Member since 2017 · 175 posts · 160 votes
6y

I currently use Cathleen Hahn. I know she owns at least a 12plex, and is very familiar with real estate law. However, her minions are a little slow to respond to any tax questions unless you can get them on the phone. Still reccomend though, they know their stuff.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bill HamptonBusiness Member
    Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, Financial Planner, Tax Strategist, Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 977 votes
    6y

    @Erich Reed

    Are you comfortable working with your CPA remotely? If so,  you open yourself up to a larger pool of candidates. There are 20+ CPAs and accountants on this site that specialize in real estate taxation. Reach out to a few and see who you like. 

    Good luck and let me know if you have any questions. 

    Hampton Tax and Financial Services LLC4.7106 Reviews
  • Real Estate Agent · Anchorage, AK · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Bill Hampton

    Thank you for the recommendation. I want to give local CPAs the business if there is one out there that aligns with my goals and is taking on clients.

  • Chris S.Business Member
    Property Manager · Anchorage, AK · Member since 2017 · 175 posts · 160 votes
    6y

    I currently use Cathleen Hahn. I know she owns at least a 12plex, and is very familiar with real estate law. However, her minions are a little slow to respond to any tax questions unless you can get them on the phone. Still reccomend though, they know their stuff.

  • Real Estate Agent · Anchorage, AK · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Chris S. Thank you! I’ll include her in my considerations.

  • Investor · Anchorage, AK · Member since 2016 · 24 posts · 14 votes
    6y

    My wife and I use Mark Megler at Kumari and associates, 279-5207. I actually don’t know if he has any real estate investments but he came recommended from a financial advisor I know and Mark has done us extremely well the past two years. 

  • Basit SiddiqiBusiness Member
    Accountant · New York, NY · Member since 2015 · 8k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    @Erich Reed

    Are you open to working with an accountant remotely?

    I would prioritize finding an accountant who specializes in real estate taxation over one that is local.
    There are 20+ accountants on this message board who specialize in real estate taxation. Feel free to reach out to a couple and use the one you connect with the most.

  • Real Estate Agent · Anchorage, AK · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Basit Siddiqi

    Thanks, but see my earlier reply to the same question.

  • Real Estate Agent · Anchorage, AK · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Ronald Laurion

    Thanks for the recommendation! It’s refreshing to get local recommendations on a local forum... lol

  • Real Estate Agent · Palmer, AK · Member since 2019 · 21 posts · 6 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Erich Reed:

    @Ronald Laurion

    Thanks for the recommendation! It’s refreshing to get local recommendations on a local forum... lol

    Hey Erich any luck with finding a local CPA that reached your needs? Im currently looking for one as well so any tips would be appreciated. 
     

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.