San Francisco - Let's talk shop and share resources/experiences

San Francisco - Let's talk shop and share resources/experiences

Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 7 votes

Hi All,

I am an investor from San Francisco! I have been on BiggerPockets for a couple of months now and have met some incredible people. So thought I should start a local discussion group where other investors from the area can connect with each other and share their experiences and hopefully build relationships for future projects. 

Looking forward to connecting with you all!

Regards, 

Gagan

4Reply
70 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · SF Bay Area · Member since 2016 · 234 posts · 103 votes
9y
Gagan Chawla Happy to meet up with you and other folks to learn and possibly work together to reach our REI Goals. I've started meeting other like minded individuals on the weekend as I have a very demanding but enjoyable full time job but the goal is to have my REI replace it in the very near future. Cheers!
See this reply in the discussion

65 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · SF Bay Area · Member since 2016 · 234 posts · 103 votes
    9y
    Gagan Chawla Happy to meet up with you and other folks to learn and possibly work together to reach our REI Goals. I've started meeting other like minded individuals on the weekend as I have a very demanding but enjoyable full time job but the goal is to have my REI replace it in the very near future. Cheers!
  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    Have the same goal my friend. I live in the City, let's connect in person soon. I will send you a connect request. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Oakland, CA · Member since 2017 · 39 posts · 26 votes
    9y

    @Gagan Chawla & @Fernando E. I'm also interested in having an opportunity to discuss strategy with other like minded individuals in the Bay Area. Always open to sharing my experience and learning from others. 

    Are you guys open to getting together in the next couple of weeks and grab coffee?

  • Rental Property Investor · South San Francisco, CA · Member since 2017 · 30 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    Iam in the bay area as well, looking to network. I have several multi-units. Nav
  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    @Nav Madhwan just sent you a request to connect. Please text me on the number above. Look forward to connecting. 

    Cheers, 

    Gagan

  • Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2013 · 69 posts · 54 votes
    9y

    Hi Gagan - just sent you a text. I moved to SF recently and I'm looking to make new connections here.

  • Rental Property Investor · South San Francisco, CA · Member since 2017 · 30 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    @Taylor. I have an opportunity to pick up 13 condo units in Vegas for 1.4m? Your thoughts on that Taylor.. Not sure how the Vegas market is but I will be there this weekend for the Mayweather fight so thought of checking out those properties as well.

  • Real Estate Agent · Oakland, CA · Member since 2017 · 39 posts · 26 votes
    9y
    @nav, I don't know much about the Vegas market outside of what I read online. I also know an investor who owns warehouses out there and does pretty well with those but he's owned them since the early 90's. One of his favorite aspects is he gets to write off his Vegas trips, which he takes once a year on Father's Day weekend, as a business expense. I'd be interested to hear about what you learn on your trip when return. I'm also curious if there are any Las Vegas folks who can provide some insight on Nav's opportunity.
  • Rental Property Investor · South San Francisco, CA · Member since 2017 · 30 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    @Taylor, that works. I will update you when I get back.

  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    @Gagan Chawla & Co - I live in SF and I'm interested in connecting with some like minded folks. Mainly interested in bouncing ideas off each other, and potentially getting a group together to take down some larger deals together. If you guys are planning to meet in the future, would love to join. Cheers!

  • Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2016 · 39 posts · 6 votes
    9y
    Let me know your group activities and meetings. I will try to meet
  • Rental Property Investor · Concord, CA · Member since 2016 · 499 posts · 219 votes
    9y
    Count me in as well
  • Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2013 · 69 posts · 54 votes
    9y

    Hoping we can set something up soon!

  • Citrus Hts, CA · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    8y
    Hello I would like to join if there is still room?
  • Pinole, CA · Member since 2017 · 28 posts · 8 votes
    8y

    Hi everyone, 

    Can you count me in too? I am interested in sharing thoughts and ideas on REI too.

  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    Hello All, 

    Thank you very much for reaching out. I wasn't initially planning to set up a meet up for the group but given the response above, I think it would be a great idea for us to get a group together. I can certainly start a group on Meetup.com, would you guys be interested in a networking event in the City (San Francisco) in the coming near future? 

    Let me know!

    Thanks,

    Gagan

  • Pinole, CA · Member since 2017 · 28 posts · 8 votes
    8y

    @Gagan Chawla

    If we can meet over the weekend, then San Francisco will work for me because I work in Milpitas during week. Let me know thank you.

  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    I'm also interested.

  • Investor · Redwood City · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 27 votes
    8y

    @Gagan Chawla I would love to join as well. I joined BiggerPockets recently.

    I live in Fremont but work in the SF. So I can meet in SF over weekdays in the evening or even weekends elsewhere in the bay area.

  • Pleasanton, CA · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    Just saw this thread. I'm a newbie here, looking at getting into rental property as an investment. If you guys haven't met yet, please count me in. I'm in Pleasanton so an evening meeting on a weekday in the east bay would work for me or anywhere at the weekend.  Thx.

  • Investor · san francisco, CA · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Hi,

    Count me in too. I lives in SF and recently purchased SFR in Daly City.

  • Investor · Hanford CA · Member since 2016 · 77 posts · 11 votes
    8y

    @Gagan Chawla and the rest of the gang.  I've been investing in the valley south of Fresno were the market is a bit more workable.  Would love to meet up and talk strategy with people.  Keep me in the loop. 

  • Fremont, CA · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    @Gagan Chawla: Count me in too. I am newbie investor looking at buying my first investment property in Fresno. I would like to network and learn from the community.

  • Pleasanton, CA · Member since 2016 · 30 posts · 12 votes
    8y

    Hello,

    I live in Dublin Ca and would be interested in getting together. It doesn't sound like anything has been quite set up yet? I can get some room at the Dublin Library. Let me know.  

  • Real Estate Agent · Sacramento/Placer ~ San Francisco Bay Area counties · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 743 votes
    8y

    Sorry for the late response.

    There's a meet-up tomorrow organized by @Sean Walton & @Jason Hsiao at The Mantel Bar inside Hotel Zeppelin 545 Post St. in San Francisco @5:30pm.

    Location is between Taylor and Mason Sts.

    This will be the 4th meet-up this year for this group should anyone be interested in attending. 

    Again, sorry for the late reply...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.