Skip to content
Colorado Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
Matt Sanders
  • New to Real Estate
  • Bay Area / Denver
Votes |
Airsteam/Tiny Home: GLAMPING Concept in CO???

Matt Sanders
  • New to Real Estate
  • Bay Area / Denver
Posted Jun 14 2018, 22:12

Is anyone familiar with Autocamp in California?  Luxury airstream campers and tents located in Sonoma county north of San Francisco. Only a ~90 min drive from city center. Their site took over an old sketchy RV park. They built a GORGEOUS clubhouse pavilion with recepetion, spa bathrooms, and common areas.  These guys (owners) have some serious funding behind them somehow. Check it out for yourself:

https://www.alpinemodern.com/sleep-in-an-airstream-at-autocamp/

This is truly glamping at its finest. I just returned from my first experience there and it was 5 stars on every level except for the fact that the units are all smushed together so it feels a tad crowded.  I see a few other ways in which it could be improved. 

I've been long interested in the growing glamping industry and looking for a way to make entry.  

Interested in this communities thoughts on if a concept like this would work near Denver?

Would you validate the concept and site location by leasing a plot of land and setting up 2-3 campers/cabins for AirBnb?

Investors, is this is model you would consider investing in?

Love to hear anyones thoughts. I live in the bay area, have family in Broomfield, but not so much familiar with Denver area. I do think it's important that the site is under 2 hrs driving from the city where all the millennial glampers live. 

Thank you!

Matthew

Loading replies...