Ready to be bold

Ready to be bold

New to Real Estate · Columbia, MD · Member since 2023 · 21 posts · 13 votes

Hey homies, finally starting to get into the Realestate life! Currently looking for my first primary residence either through a multi family to house hack or a slight fixer upper that my boyfriend and I could do ourselves. After that though I plan to get into investment properties. Might dabble with BRRRRs, flips, and rentals until I decide which approach is right for my life style. I’m eating, sleeping, and breathing podcasts/books right now to increase my financial literacy so that within the next 6-9 months I can make that first jump! Happy to be here with y’all. 

2Reply
73 views

Most Popular Reply

Marlon FongPro Member
BiggerPockets Support · Bridge City, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 367 votes
3y

Welcome to the site @Elise Wharton! It's great to have you here.

Here are some recommendations for you:

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/m...

Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/a...

Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/r...

Check out BP Money Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

Wishing you the best!

BiggerPockets
See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Marlon FongPro Member
    BiggerPockets Support · Bridge City, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 367 votes
    3y

    Welcome to the site @Elise Wharton! It's great to have you here.

    Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/m...

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/a...

    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/r...

    Check out BP Money Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

    Wishing you the best!

    BiggerPockets
  • Jaron WallingPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y

    I would also read Building Wealth One Houses at a Time by John W. Schaub. 

    This is a fantastic book for investors and anyone planning to grow a portfolio. It's not an exciting flashy read it's meat, potatoes, and numbers. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y

    Hi Elise, welcome to BiggerPockets! This is surely the best place to start networking and learning. I always recommend the book “Rich dad, Poor dad” by Robert T. Kiyosaki to anyone starting out. Start listening to the BiggerPockets podcast starting at the very beginning. Start growing your network, look on Facebook/BiggerPockets for different events, find a mentor doing what you want to do, and get to know the local lenders/brokers. All the best to your real estate journey!

  • New to Real Estate · Columbia, MD · Member since 2023 · 21 posts · 13 votes
    3y

    Thank you for the warm welcome gentlemen! @Steven Foster Wilson, “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” was my first read. I only wish someone had given it to me when I was 18, but it’s never too late to start. 

  • Realtor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    3y

    Hi Elise, welcome to BP! If you haven't read Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, I highly recommend! 

    If you need any help locally, don't hestitate to reach out!

  • New to Real Estate · Columbia, MD · Member since 2023 · 21 posts · 13 votes
    3y

    Thanks Erin! I just finished that one a few weeks ago! I’ll definitely reach out if I need anything

  • Real Estate Consultant · Miami · Member since 2023 · 165 posts · 62 votes
    3y

    Hi @Elise Wharton. Welcome to BP! I hope your journey is going smooth so far. Congrats on getting started. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.