First deal in the books!

First deal in the books!

Rental Property Investor · Rochester NH · Member since 2026 · 5 posts · 13 votes

Hey guys! New to BP and the real estate world. last year I purchased my first deal. I purchased a duplex here in New Hampshire. I used one unit as my primary residence while performing renovations. while I did save a lot of money on groceries living out of a mini fridge I'm happy to have that project complete!  I rented the second unit for 10 months. When those tenants moved out I did similar renovations in that unit. I was able to increase the rent and currently have great new tenants. I'm looking to connect with local investors to chat strategies for my next move. I'm also happy to answer any questions you guys may have if you're thinking about going this route.  I am located just outside the seacoast area. Who knew real estate could be so fun and exciting!

6Reply
69 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jaylan ArcherBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Portsmouth, NH · Member since 2014 · 150 posts · 65 votes
    7mo

    Hey Kristofer!

    Congrats on the purchase and success with it. Sounds like you were able to go 'full cycle' with this one. I laughed reading about your mini fridge. It reminded me of my first project when I used a couple of boxes of Ramen Noodles to prop my tv up off the floor as I didn't habe much furniture living in a construction zone.

    Did you end up buying in Rochester? It's a great cash flow market and i have high hopes for it just with its proximity up the Spaulding.

    Archer and Associates of KW Coastal587 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · Rochester NH · Member since 2026 · 5 posts · 13 votes
    7mo

    hey Jaylan, nothing wrong with a ramen tv stand when it pays off! Yes my first down is here in Rochester. I agree the city is growing rapidly. I'm hoping to find my next deal here by the end of the year.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.