Newbie from Jackson Michigan

Newbie from Jackson Michigan

Real Estate Agent · Jackson, MI · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 3 votes

Brand new to Real Estate and I'm looking forward to many successful years to come!

2Reply
63 views

Most Popular Reply

Contractor · Columbus ohio · Member since 2015 · 90 posts · 42 votes
10y
Originally posted by @Emily B.:

@Robert Orel thanks! I'm not aware of anything in the Lansing area outside of weekday evenings, but the Ann Arbor club has quite a few Saturday morning/afternoon meetups, which I go to fairly regularly - http://www.meetup.com/real-estate/

 If there is not a weekend meetup, if there is enough interest, why not get one set up for saturdays, in the lansing area.

Kevin

See this reply in the discussion

37 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · Columbus ohio · Member since 2015 · 90 posts · 42 votes
    10y

    Welcome jeff, I'm a licensed builder from jackson, currently working with investor out of lansing, let me know if I can assist in any way.

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 114 votes
    10y

    welcome to Biggerpockets @Jeff Windham! Wish you the best on your real estate ventures!

  • Real Estate Agent · Jackson, MI · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Thanks for the welcome Kevin. I'm pretty sure that knowing a licensed builder will come in handy.

  • Real Estate Agent · Jackson, MI · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 3 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Marlon Wilson:

    welcome to Biggerpockets @Jeff Windham! Wish you the best on your real estate ventures!

     Thanks Marlon!

  • Involved In Real Estate · Omaha, NE · Member since 2012 · 140 posts · 34 votes
    10y

    Greetings Jeff! I'm right up the road in Lansing if you ever need anyone to bounce some ideas off of.

    @Account Closed I just purchased a new residence and I might be needing your services in the future.

  • Real Estate Agent · Jackson, MI · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Nice "meeting" you @Brian Beadle! It's always good to have another person to discuss ideas with

  • Contractor · Columbus ohio · Member since 2015 · 90 posts · 42 votes
    10y

    brian, currently working in Grand ledge, would like to connect, let me know if I can help in any way.

    Kevin

  • Contractor · Columbus ohio · Member since 2015 · 90 posts · 42 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Brian Beadle:

    Greetings Jeff! I'm right up the road in Lansing if you ever need anyone to bounce some ideas off of.

    @Account Closed I just purchased a new residence and I might be needing your services in the future.

     Just get ahold of me, I'm available most of the time from early morning til late evening

  • Real Estate Agent/Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 229 posts · 108 votes
    10y
    Welcome to the forum I just moved from Jackson about two weeks ago Small world.
  • Real Estate Agent · Jackson, MI · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Thanks Nick! You're just a train ride away. I love visiting Chicago.

  • Queen Creek, AZ · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome @Jeff Windham  @Account Closed small world.  We are based on Phoenix but have investments in both Jackson and Lansing.  Feel free to connect if we can help in any way or if you think you have a service that would be helpful to us.

    One Question regarding jackson, what is the cycle time to get a two bedroom rented there?    We have one listed with our PM and, while I know this is a slow time of year, it seems to be dragging on longer then expected.

  • Contractor · Columbus ohio · Member since 2015 · 90 posts · 42 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Bob E.:

    Welcome @Jeff Windham  @Account Closed  @Brian Beadle small world.  We are based on Phoenix but have investments in both Jackson and Lansing.  Feel free to connect if we can help in any way or if you think you have a service that would be helpful to us.

    One Question regarding jackson, what is the cycle time to get a two bedroom rented there?    We have one listed with our PM and, while I know this is a slow time of year, it seems to be dragging on longer then expected.

     Depends on how hard you try and your criteria for renting and such, I have worked for several pm in jackson, there is only one I would recommend. But most cases your better off partnering with someone here such as an llc and have someone here as an agent for llc and not have pm. Depending on location, price, and condition of unit, should have interest if not rented by end of February if your pm is doing their job. Also if you need any maintenance or rehab done or flips done, get ahold of me. Always looking to connect and gain more work. I have never had over 45 days before a unit was gone in jackson.

  • Real Estate Agent · Jackson, MI · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 3 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Bob E.:

    Welcome @Jeff Windham  @Account Closed small world.  We are based on Phoenix but have investments in both Jackson and Lansing.  Feel free to connect if we can help in any way or if you think you have a service that would be helpful to us.

    One Question regarding jackson, what is the cycle time to get a two bedroom rented there?    We have one listed with our PM and, while I know this is a slow time of year, it seems to be dragging on longer then expected.

     Thanks Bob! Small world indeed. 

  • John DudasPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Adrian, MI · Member since 2015 · 39 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Welcome Jeff,

    I'm just down the road in Adrian. My full-time job is in Jackson.

    Good to see some "local" people on BP.  

    :)

  • Real Estate Agent · Jackson, MI · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Thanks for the warm welcome John! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Greater Lansing Area, MI · Member since 2014 · 196 posts · 55 votes
    10y

    Welcome @Jeff Windham! I'm fairly new myself, having just done an actual deal near the end of 2015. BP and local clubs have been an awesome help.

    @Account Closed glad you put yourself out there with being a builder. Having just started out, I'm going through the growing pains of finding contractors and would be interested in what type of rehab work you focus on. Feel free to message me if you'd like.

  • Real Estate Agent · Jackson, MI · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Thanks Emily and Congrats on your first deal!!

  • Investor · Lansing, MI · Member since 2014 · 27 posts · 9 votes
    10y
    Welcome Jeff! And congrats on taking the plunge Emily! I'm also local here in Lansing. Is there any local RE clubs that meet outside of weekday evenings? The evening ones don't mesh with my work schedule Thanks!
  • Rental Property Investor · Kalamazoo, MI · Member since 2014 · 51 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    @Jeff Windham! Welcome to BP! Reporting live from Kalamazoo, MI. BP has very good content. Great to see you on the site! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Greater Lansing Area, MI · Member since 2014 · 196 posts · 55 votes
    10y

    @Robert Orel thanks! I'm not aware of anything in the Lansing area outside of weekday evenings, but the Ann Arbor club has quite a few Saturday morning/afternoon meetups, which I go to fairly regularly - http://www.meetup.com/real-estate/

  • Investor · Lansing, MI · Member since 2015 · 94 posts · 4 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Jeff Windham:

    Brand new to Real Estate and I'm looking forward to many successful years to come!

     Welcome Jeff!!! Nice to see all Michiganders.

  • Real Estate Agent · Jackson, MI · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Thanks @Robert Orel for the welcome! If you find a group let me know!

  • Real Estate Agent · Jackson, MI · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Thanks for the welcome @Jeffrey Townsend! Kalamazoo has my favorite marathon

  • Real Estate Agent · Jackson, MI · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Nice to meet you @Rickey Luna Looks like Michigan is taking over the BP!

  • Contractor · Columbus ohio · Member since 2015 · 90 posts · 42 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Emily B.:

    @Robert Orel thanks! I'm not aware of anything in the Lansing area outside of weekday evenings, but the Ann Arbor club has quite a few Saturday morning/afternoon meetups, which I go to fairly regularly - http://www.meetup.com/real-estate/

     If there is not a weekend meetup, if there is enough interest, why not get one set up for saturdays, in the lansing area.

    Kevin

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.