New member from Los Angeles County

New member from Los Angeles County

Cerritos, CA · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 2 votes

Just joined Bigger Pockets and I'm very excited. I am a salaried professional in another industry. I will inherit responsibility for managing an apartment building and a single-family home from my parents in the future. I want to learn everything I can so I can be ready, and add additional properties down the line. Loved Brandon's book and the podcast. I hope to contribute to the community, as well as receiving knowledge. Happy to be a member!!!

2Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

San Gabriel, CA · Member since 2016 · 38 posts · 9 votes
10y

Welcome to BP @Richard Kolostian! I'm a newbie myself, and still spend a lot of time browsing through the Starting Out and other forums. This is a great place to learn about real estate, as there are resources on so many strategies and nuances. Best of luck!

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • San Gabriel, CA · Member since 2016 · 38 posts · 9 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP @Richard Kolostian! I'm a newbie myself, and still spend a lot of time browsing through the Starting Out and other forums. This is a great place to learn about real estate, as there are resources on so many strategies and nuances. Best of luck!

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    10y

    Hey @Richard Kolostian, welcome! It's great to have you. Check out the webinar (https://www.biggerpockets.com/webinar) if you haven't yet. Highly recommended!

    BiggerPockets
  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Richard Kolostian

    Welcome. Fill in the foundation below.

    Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

    Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

    Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having over 100 past ones to catch up on.

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good Luck

    Paul 

  • Investor · Twinsburg, OH · Member since 2014 · 111 posts · 41 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP, @Richard Kolostian! I love this place since I've become more active! So much to learn and gain here. 

  • Professional · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 45 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    Hi Richard, welcome to BP! Just another starting real estate person just like you here :D

  • Jo-Ann LapinPro Member
    Loan Officer · Tustin, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 713 votes
    10y

    Welcome to the community. This will be a great extra resource for you. Happy to assist

  • Cerritos, CA · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Thanks everybody for the warm greetings. Was just in beautiful San Diego for 3 days vacation with my family, so I didn't see the posts until now. You all made me feel right at home. Thanks again!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.