Investor from Northwest Indiana

Investor from Northwest Indiana

Investor · Portage, IN · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 2 votes

i have 3 rental properties and am currently finalizing # 4.  All single family buy and holds. I started out  thinking I could flip houses and failed miserably. I bought first 2 properties at the worst time possible. I'm back on track now.

1Reply
25 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Property Manager · Griffith, IN · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 913 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP and congrats on being on the right track. REI definitely has a learning curve and now you know more than when you started. You should check out NICIA if you haven't yet- it's the local REIA group and meets in Merrillville the 2nd Thursday of each month.

  • Investor · Portage, IN · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    I will check it out. Thanks for the info! Im new to the site here...still trying to navigate.

  • Crown Point, IN · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    welcome to BP @Andrew Huffmab.  Good to see all the NWI people here.  Mistakes happen but you know and have done more than many others who are starting out.  Best of luck on #4! 

  • Investor · Portage, IN · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Thanks Chris I just met with bank this afternoon. Hoping to close on property #4 on May 2nd.

  • Investor/RE Broker · Eugene, OR · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 968 votes
    10y

    @Andrew Huffmab Welcome to BP and congrats on your upcoming close!  I know the pain of failing on a flip.  After investing in buy and hold - turnkey, I tried a passive turnkey flip right there in NWI.  Of course it turned sour because the deal maker running it was/is a complete scammer.  Painful lesson to learn, and I shared it in a three part blog last year - My Passive Turnkey Flip Turned Upside Down

  • Investor · Portage, IN · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Hey @Larry Fried that was an awesomely horrible story.  Things can only get better from there right????  How did a guy from Oregon end up in Northwest Indiana?  I just helped a friend buy his first investment property in Hammond, Indiana.  He was able to pick it up for $34k and put about $20k into rehab.  I just helped him get tenant in at $950 a month.  Once I learn to navigate this site a little better I will post some before and after pictures. I anticipate closing on number property number 4 on May 2nd!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.