Part-time Investor ready to go pro!

Part-time Investor ready to go pro!

Investor · Pooler, GA · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 2 votes

I'm Aaron. I'm originally from OH, where I have 10 rental units. I recently moved to Savannah, GA and looking forward to breaking into real estate investment down here. I'm mostly interested in holding rental units for passive income, but I also like doing flips to raise capital. I'm a full-time teacher, but I'd like to be a full-time real estate investor within a few years. 

0Reply
8 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome to Biggerpockets @Aaron Francis Great to have you here. Networking with fellow investors here https://www.biggerpockets.com/meet should help a lot in getting you started in your REI business. All the best

    BiggerPockets
  • Rental Property Investor · Savannah, GA · Member since 2014 · 298 posts · 67 votes
    10y

    Hi Aaron!  Welcome to Savannah!  Where do you teach?  

    Kim

  • Rental Property Investor · Concord, CA · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 9 votes
    10y

    Hi @Aaron Francis, it sounds like you are off to a good start!  I would recommend that you use your job and cash flow to secure financing for more deals but you are probably already doing all that if you have 10 rentals already.  I would also recommend looking for your local real estate investor association, since my local chapter doesn't post most of the meetups on bigger pockets.  You may be able to find more meets this way.  Best of luck!

  • Investor · Pooler, GA · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    @Janelle Green Thanks! I'm finishing a flip in OH this summer, and my next deal will be a house we'll move into the fix, then hold as a rental property. Since I do most of the work myself, its easier to get financing for an owner-occupied property. I'm interested to learn more from local investors.

  • Investor · Pooler, GA · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    @Account Closed, I teach at a private school in the historic district right on Chippewa square! How long have you been investing in Savannah? 

  • Rental Property Investor · Savannah, GA · Member since 2014 · 298 posts · 67 votes
    10y

    Nice!  Quite a few years.  Love Savannah!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.