Syracuse New York Semi-Newbe

Syracuse New York Semi-Newbe

Real Estate Broker · New York City, NY · Member since 2014 · 17 posts · 4 votes

Hi Bigger Pockets community.  In June my newlywed wife and myself will be moving to Syracuse New York to begin our real estate journey.   The reason we are choosing Syracuse is because my father has 34 successful rental units in the city and knows the market like the back of his hand. 

While the official move is not until June, I am in syracuse 2 weeks a month looking at properties and helping with my fathers property management.  I would love to connect with other investors and build a network for all of us syracuse investors as there currently does not seem to be much here on BP. 

I will also be starting a property management busisness for mainly out of area investors who need boots on the ground.  From personal family experience I know how poor the tenant selection and property upkeep is from the major companies in the area. Their goal is to fill the rentals and ask questions later.  I have direct experience working and selecting tenants from Section 8 and know just how important it is to not just rent a unit, but rent a unit to the right person. 

I look forward to connecting and growing Syracuse together.

John Duclos

2Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Pat GoodyearPro Member
Syracuse, NY · Member since 2015 · 77 posts · 48 votes
8y

HI John! I am an investor in Syracuse. I have 20 properties and self manage. Feel free to pm me.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    8y

    Hello @John Duclos, welcome to BiggerPockets! It is great to have you and please feel free to jump in the community - there are certainly great people around here!

    BiggerPockets
  • Westbury, NY · Member since 2017 · 30 posts · 13 votes
    8y

    Hi @John Duclos and welcome to BP!  There’s an Upstate New York real estate forum you might want to look into if you want to connect with others in Syracuse.

  • Pat GoodyearPro Member
    Syracuse, NY · Member since 2015 · 77 posts · 48 votes
    8y

    HI John! I am an investor in Syracuse. I have 20 properties and self manage. Feel free to pm me.

  • Real Estate Broker · New York City, NY · Member since 2014 · 17 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Hi Elizabeth,  great! I'll introduce myself there as well. 

    Hi Pat, I will certainly pm you in a bit thank you!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.