New girl from Sacramento, CA

New girl from Sacramento, CA

Real Estate Investor · Miamisburg, OH · Member since 2012 · 18 posts · 3 votes

Hello, all!

I have been a lurker on these forums for far too long now, so I figured it was time to sign up and become an active participant!

I have two investment properties in the Sacramento area, and am in escrow on my first property in Kansas City. Ultimately, my goal is to leave California, so I don't want to get too tied up in properties here for tax reasons.

I am certainly a newbie, and just getting my feet wet in the investment world. After spending hours reading these forums, I am so grateful for the knowledge and wisdom that others, who are far more knowledgeable, have shared with all of us "new kids".

As a beginner, my greatest challenge is financing. My first property was purchased when money was easy, the second was a primary residence, and the third was bought with cash. Now, if I'm going to continue to grow my investments, I will have to start using other people's money! I know that is the way to go, but it can be difficult to get started. Time for me to head over to the finance section and start reading some more!

0Reply
45 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
13y

Come'on folks, let's stop bashing the Golden State. Ya'll need some beach. Wealth can be created - it's not limited. The Earth has not received all the sunshine it will ever get. There is still hope.

Consider putting on your entrepreneurial thinking caps. Isolate what you see are California's biggest problems and build a business around fixing them. Believe it or not, every state has its issues.

See this reply in the discussion

25 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.