Motivated newbie from St. Paul looking to network!

Motivated newbie from St. Paul looking to network!

Wholesaler · St. Paul · Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 7 votes

Hey all!

I am a newbie real estate investor from the twin cities (Minneapolis/ St. Paul) area. I have been interested in getting into real estate investing for the past year or so and feel I am finally ready to take some big steps! I am extremely motivated and would love to add value to anyone's real estate business in exchange for some experience. If you are from the area or know of any great mentors to help me on my journey please connect or comment below. I am so excited to get started and join this great community!!

6Reply
42 views

Most Popular Reply

Jeff SchemmelBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2014 · 384 posts · 401 votes
5y

Welcome, there's plenty of wisdom and skill to go around in these forums.  Nothing beats a meetup and getting to meet the folks who are investing in person and asking them the questions you have in mind.  Happy to help point you in the right direction or provide the resources you are looking for.

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Glad to have you as a part of this awesome community, John! Welcome aboard and best of luck investing!

  • Real Estate Broker · Forney, TX · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 399 votes
    5y

    Welcome to the BP community @John Gauger! 

  • Jeff SchemmelBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2014 · 384 posts · 401 votes
    5y

    Welcome, there's plenty of wisdom and skill to go around in these forums.  Nothing beats a meetup and getting to meet the folks who are investing in person and asking them the questions you have in mind.  Happy to help point you in the right direction or provide the resources you are looking for.

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @John Gauger:

    Hey all!

    I am a newbie real estate investor from the twin cities (Minneapolis/ St. Paul) area. I have been interested in getting into real estate investing for the past year or so and feel I am finally ready to take some big steps! I am extremely motivated and would love to add value to anyone's real estate business in exchange for some experience. If you are from the area or know of any great mentors to help me on my journey please connect or comment below. I am so excited to get started and join this great community!!

    John, glad you joined!

  • Wholesaler · St. Paul · Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 7 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Julio Gonzalez:

    Glad to have you as a part of this awesome community, John! Welcome aboard and best of luck investing!

    Thank you Julio!!

  • Wholesaler · St. Paul · Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 7 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Anthoney Hanks:

    Welcome to the BP community @John Gauger! 

    I appreciate the welcoming, thank you Anthoney!

  • Wholesaler · St. Paul · Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 7 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Dmitriy Fomichenko:
    Originally posted by @John Gauger:

    Hey all!

    I am a newbie real estate investor from the twin cities (Minneapolis/ St. Paul) area. I have been interested in getting into real estate investing for the past year or so and feel I am finally ready to take some big steps! I am extremely motivated and would love to add value to anyone's real estate business in exchange for some experience. If you are from the area or know of any great mentors to help me on my journey please connect or comment below. I am so excited to get started and join this great community!!

    John, glad you joined!

    Thank you Dmitriy!  

  • Rental Property Investor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2019 · 22 posts · 15 votes
    5y

    Hi @John Gauger welcome!

    I am also a newbie real estate investor in the twin cities area. I would reiterate what @Jeff Schemmel said about meetups and networking in person. I am trying my best at both of these to get the connections with folks that will help facilitate my investing goals. I am not going into each conversation looking for a mentor but instead going in thinking how can I add value to them and how could I leverage their skills to assist me along in my career as well. I would love to connect and chat more about what's happening in the metro area. I know that there is a very small meetup/flip tour happening tonight and I can share that with you if you'd like to send me a message. 

    Meetups are coming back, some virtual and some in person, but its important to put yourself out there and surround yourself with people who are doing what you'd like to do.

  • Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2019 · 30 posts · 17 votes
    5y

    @John Gauger

    the outdoor adventourist group is a great start point, and the millennial investor focus group. could you DM me on Facebook so I can get you plugged in?

  • Duluth, MN · Member since 2020 · 31 posts · 12 votes
    5y

    @John Gauger Awesome to see your interest! My question is what are you looking to do exactly? I'd love to hear about your goals and help anyway I can! 

  • Lindsey BuxtonPro Member
    Denver, CO · Member since 2020 · 110 posts · 97 votes
    5y

    Hi John! Sounds like you're moving and grooving, which is great to hear. Wanted to share that BiggerPockets is launching a 12 week Rookie Bootcamp in late August, with Ashley Kehr leading the way. She's the host of the Real Estate Rookie podcast. It'll be a mix of on demand videos, live Q&A sessions, and a step-by-step curriculum to help you get your next deal. Sharing in case it might be helpful to get the wheels turning! 

    • Wholesaler · St. Paul · Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 7 votes
      5y
      Originally posted by @Lindsey Buxton:

      Hi John! Sounds like you're moving and grooving, which is great to hear. Wanted to share that BiggerPockets is launching a 12 week Rookie Bootcamp in late August, with Ashley Kehr leading the way. She's the host of the Real Estate Rookie podcast. It'll be a mix of on demand videos, live Q&A sessions, and a step-by-step curriculum to help you get your next deal. Sharing in case it might be helpful to get the wheels turning! 

      Thank you for the heads up Lindsey! I will definitely be looking into it.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.