Miami / S. Florida Meet Up

Miami / S. Florida Meet Up

Carlos RoviraBusiness Member
Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 329 posts · 124 votes

Does anyone know if there is a BP Meet Up in Miami / S. Florida? If not, is anyone interested in helping me organize one in the next couple of months? I think it'd be a great thing to do.

0Reply
236 views

Most Popular Reply

Realtor/Investor · Ft Lauderdale/ Miami Florida · Member since 2015 · 311 posts · 104 votes
11y

October 14 is the date for our next meet up. Location coming soon. We will be trading off locations. Last one was in Kendall this one will be a little more north and the next will be in Broward county. I will be setting Uo a poll to get an idea of how many people we have in each county and what cities you are in, this will allow for me to keep the better locations in mind. 

See this reply in the discussion

144 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Miami Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 175 posts · 82 votes
    11y

    It was great meeting everyone! I am looking forward to the next one!

  • Realtor/Investor · Ft Lauderdale/ Miami Florida · Member since 2015 · 311 posts · 104 votes
    11y

    October 14 is the date for our next meet up. Location coming soon. We will be trading off locations. Last one was in Kendall this one will be a little more north and the next will be in Broward county. I will be setting Uo a poll to get an idea of how many people we have in each county and what cities you are in, this will allow for me to keep the better locations in mind. 

  • Executive Assistant · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    @Yasmine Bisumber So glad to hear you are setting something up closer to Broward! As a full time employee/single mother time and distance is always a challenge. Thanks again for taking the time to organize this for all of us!

  • Investor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2015 · 172 posts · 30 votes
    11y

    Definitely interested in a South Florida Meetup... 

  • Rental Property Investor · Winter Park, FL · Member since 2014 · 64 posts · 13 votes
    11y

    I'm interested!  From Palm Beach County.

  • Rental Property Investor · FL · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 8 votes
    11y

    really wish to join, but will only be in the region Oct 20 - 26 :(

  • Hollywood, FL · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 13 votes
    11y

    Looking forward to it 

  • Jon HuberPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 713 votes
    11y

    @Yasmine Bisumber@Nat C.@Meghan Helbick...

    I was in discussion with a few venues for a meetup in Palm Beach Co. I am waiting to hear back and should have something in the next couple of weeks. 

    Looking forward to meeting up with all of you. 

  • Realtor/Investor · Ft Lauderdale/ Miami Florida · Member since 2015 · 311 posts · 104 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Jon Huber:

    @Yasmine Bisumber@Nat C.@Meghan Helbick...

    I was in discussion with a few venues for a meetup in Palm Beach Co. I am waiting to hear back and should have something in the next couple of weeks. 

    Looking forward to meeting up with all of you. 

     Hi John, thanks so much. For the next meet up on October 14th Don't want to go as far as Palm Beach since the first one was very south. Was thinking we switch locations from Dade to Broward to palm Beach then cycle back around. For the meet up after October 14th we should go into Palm beach. Let me know what they say and see if they have openings for the 2nd Wednesday of November. We are trying to do this the second Wednesday of every month. Look forward to hearing from you!! Email me if anything :)

  • Rental Property Investor · Winter Park, FL · Member since 2014 · 64 posts · 13 votes
    11y

    @Jon Huber  Thanks!  My husband and I will be moving down to Delray Beach the end of the month and will be looking to network, so sounds great!

  • Realtor/Investor · Ft Lauderdale/ Miami Florida · Member since 2015 · 311 posts · 104 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    @Yasmine BisumberMy office has a beautiful space we can use.. Not a problem

     Nick, now you're talking :) 

  • Realtor/Investor · Ft Lauderdale/ Miami Florida · Member since 2015 · 311 posts · 104 votes
    11y

    @Nat C. Just wondering if you still wanted to host a meet-up.

  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2013 · 807 posts · 475 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Yasmine Bisumber:

    @Nat C. Just wondering if you still wanted to host a meet-up.

     Sure thing. For this month or next month?

  • Realtor/Investor · Ft Lauderdale/ Miami Florida · Member since 2015 · 311 posts · 104 votes
    11y

    Hi everyone, I would like for you all to take the pool I created to help us get an idea of how many people we have in each county. This will really help with locations moving forward.

    http://goo.gl/forms/Nz8FRuW9iN - County Pool

    I also Spoke with Brandon Turner and he suggests we come up with a clever name for our meet-ups this way we are not using the Bigger Pockets Brand. Below is a form created so we can all share ideas for a new name for the meetings.

    http://goo.gl/forms/kVPB8MVsS0 - New Name Idea's

  • Rental Property Investor · Gainesville, FL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 432 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Yasmine Bisumber:

    Hi everyone, I would like for you all to take the pool I created to help us get an idea of how many people we have in each county. This will really help with locations moving forward.

    http://goo.gl/forms/Nz8FRuW9iN - County Pool

    I also Spoke with Brandon Turner and he suggests we come up with a clever name for our meet-ups this way we are not using the Bigger Pockets Brand. Below is a form created so we can all share ideas for a new name for the meetings.

    http://goo.gl/forms/kVPB8MVsS0 - New Name Idea's

     Hi,

    I saw your posts for creating a new Meet Up group in your area. I didn't read through every post here so forgive me if I'm suggesting something that you have already thought of.

    My group here in FL in Gainesville meet at a local restaurant for free-well sort of. The owner and the meeting organizers worked out something to allow us to meet and since it's at or around dinner time, we all end up ordering food after the meeting/social. So the owner of the restaurant gets payment in lieu of payment. :-) While we don't pay for the room to meet, we do pay for our meals and have a place to meet. It's a win-win. Plus, before joining my group I had never been to this place and they actually have great food. And there is no obligation to purchase food or drinks.

    Some food for thought...Maybe find a place like a restaurant that has a room where everyone can meet and see if you can work out a deal.

    Good luck!

    -Daria

  • Small Business Owner · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 15 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Hi All,

    I'm new to the BP world and would definitely be interested in joining this gathering.

  • Realtor/Investor · Ft Lauderdale/ Miami Florida · Member since 2015 · 311 posts · 104 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Daria B.:

     Hi,

    I saw your posts for creating a new Meet Up group in your area. I didn't read through every post here so forgive me if I'm suggesting something that you have already thought of.

    My group here in FL in Gainesville meet at a local restaurant for free-well sort of. The owner and the meeting organizers worked out something to allow us to meet and since it's at or around dinner time, we all end up ordering food after the meeting/social. So the owner of the restaurant gets payment in lieu of payment. :-) While we don't pay for the room to meet, we do pay for our meals and have a place to meet. It's a win-win. Plus, before joining my group I had never been to this place and they actually have great food. And there is no obligation to purchase food or drinks.

    Some food for thought...Maybe find a place like a restaurant that has a room where everyone can meet and see if you can work out a deal.

    Good luck!

    -Daria

    Thanks so much! This is a actually a great idea, how large is your meeting?

  • Realtor/Investor · Ft Lauderdale/ Miami Florida · Member since 2015 · 311 posts · 104 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Gene Belaval:

    Hi All,

    I'm new to the BP world and would definitely be interested in joining this gathering.

    And we would love yo have you join! Our next meet up is scheduled for October 14th.

  • Rental Property Investor · Gainesville, FL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 432 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Yasmine Bisumber:
    Originally posted by @Daria B.:

     Hi,

    I saw your posts for creating a new Meet Up group in your area. I didn't read through every post here so forgive me if I'm suggesting something that you have already thought of.

    My group here in FL in Gainesville meet at a local restaurant for free-well sort of. The owner and the meeting organizers worked out something to allow us to meet and since it's at or around dinner time, we all end up ordering food after the meeting/social. So the owner of the restaurant gets payment in lieu of payment. :-) While we don't pay for the room to meet, we do pay for our meals and have a place to meet. It's a win-win. Plus, before joining my group I had never been to this place and they actually have great food. And there is no obligation to purchase food or drinks.

    Some food for thought...Maybe find a place like a restaurant that has a room where everyone can meet and see if you can work out a deal.

    Good luck!

    -Daria

    Thanks so much! This is a actually a great idea, how large is your meeting?

     We have members from the Gainesville, Jacksonville, and Ocala area. I think primarily it's Gville and Ocala. One member travels from Jville that I know of.

    Last nights meeting social yielded 15-20 people. More show up for the Saturday workshops where we go out to do analysis and evaluate properties. Since I've been attending the numbers are steady around 20 both for the social/presentation meetup and the workshop.

    The organizers of the group have it set up to:

    1-Meet every 2nd Wednesday @5:30-@7:30 (roughly) of the month at the restaurant for the social, presentation, meal (if you so desire).

    2-Meet every Saturday following the Wednesday meeting @10 (this is a presentation - repeat info for new people) and then at @11:30 for the 2nd part of the workshop to evaluate properties ("would we buy it, if so, hold and rent, flip, or not worth it").

  • Realtor/Investor · Ft Lauderdale/ Miami Florida · Member since 2015 · 311 posts · 104 votes
    11y

    That's awesome. I like the workshop idea, something to think about!

  • Rental Property Investor · Gainesville, FL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 432 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Yasmine Bisumber:

    That's awesome. I like the workshop idea, something to think about!

     I've learn so much from the workshops. The group was organized by a local real estate group so they also bring a GC and other new and seasoned agents. We walk around the property in/out and discuss what we would do and the GC gives his opinion. Keeping in mind that everyone may not approach it the same way but the "take away" is that we get to hear ideas from everyone including an experienced GC.

  • Realtor/Investor · Ft Lauderdale/ Miami Florida · Member since 2015 · 311 posts · 104 votes
    11y

    Hello all, hope you were able to visit the link that Nick posted. After  Speaking with @Brandon Turner we are not going to use the  Bigger Pockets Name for our meet up. Nick has agreed to sponsor the events and  we will use his company name . He has set up a Meet-Up through Meet-Up.com and we will continue  to use BP to get the word out as well.

    Thanks for being so patient as we got organized.

    Please RSVP via the following link October  14th Meet Up 6:15pm

    We look forward to networking and actually doing  business/learning from one another. We hope to carry on the same open and  free communication that we find on BP at our meet-ups. We want to share and grow  and help each other grow.

  • Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Hello everyone, I would love to attend the meet up. I have no experience but am currently dedicating a lot of my time educating myself on the topic/industry. I am eager to learn from and interact with active, professional investors in the South Florida market.

  • Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    @nick 

    @Account Closed Awesome! I just RSVP on the link. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

  • Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Anyone know if there is any meet-ups scheduled for the 2nd Wednesday of Dec, 9th? I might have missed something or if there is a new distribution list?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.