Is it advised to build a house ground up in Bay Area?

Is it advised to build a house ground up in Bay Area?

Milpitas, CA · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Hello,

I have been actively looking to buy a house in Bay Area from last few months and couldn't find anything that suits my taste or budget. So, I am just wondering if it makes sense to build a home to my needs. However, I don't have any experience and this would be my first home. I am looking for some inputs from experts if it makes sense to build a home? How hard is it to get permits? How long would the whole process takes? What are the current per sft construction costs?

The cities I am looking to build in are San Jose, Fremont or Milpitas. Looking to build a house around 2000-2500 SFT. Appreciate any inputs.

Thanks,

Sundeep

0Reply
2 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.