How many investors from Maryland are on biggerpockets?

27 Replies

Hey BP,

I'd like to do a "roll call" of sorts. I want to see how many investors on Bigger Pockets are in Maryland (DMV) or invest in Maryland(DMV)?

Who here invest in Maryland(DMV) or is based in Maryland? 

If possible, could you let us know where you're from and what you do?

What are your goals for ending 2017? What Plans/Goals do you have for 2018?

Trevor Foster - Gaithersburg, MD 

I'm currently focused on building one of the top wholesaling businesses in the DMV. I'd like to wholesale 4 more properties before 2017 ends. 

In 2018 my goal is to wholesale 24 properties (2 per month), Fix & Flip 5 properties, Use the "BRRRR Method" for 2 properties and establish a property management group for my buy & hold properties (The 2 BRRRR properties).

If enough people respond maybe we can start a meet-up networking group!

MODERATOR NOTE:   Any requests to be added to a buyers list or any other type of deal making will be removed.

Hi Trevor, As Russell said, there are many Marylanders on here.  I am a broker and a buy and hold investor.  Wish you well on your goals.  Working on my goals now.  Teresa

This post has been removed.

im in baltimore county and am just getting started.  i closed on my first 2 unit row home which i am going to be the owner occupant while i fix it up and set up a studio apartment in the basement.  

Hey Everyone - another Marylander here.  Based out of Frederick, but work in the Bethesda area.  I Just starting out and I'm learning as much as I can in 2017 and planning to dive into buying my first flip during the first quarter of 2018.  

Hello @Trevor S Foster . I am local to Baltimore and look forward to wholesaling in the surrounding city areas and counties. I would like to wholesale at least 2 properties before the year is out, as I am just getting started myself. I've built a team of resources and found a great mentor, so I feel confident to make moves now. I would eventually like to fix & flip and buy & hold. 

@Trevor S Foster i am from Laurel MD and do most of my investing in Baltimore. I have a modest portfolio of rentals and do wholesaling. 

There are lots of members here from the area. One of the best ways to get to know them is set up a keyword alert for "Baltimore' "Gaithersburg" or any other area you are interested in.

By the way there is already an excellent meetup in Gaithersburg.

Hi Trevor,

I'm a Realtor and Investor here in Southern Maryland.  I know that I am not the only one from down here, I have chatted with a few others in recent past.  As Russell pointed out, there are a quite a few Marylanders or investors that invest in MD on here.

Rich

@Trevor S Foster

We're down here in Southern Maryland. The Gaithersburg REIA is excellent as Ned Carey mentioned (not to mention the massive REIA in Towson and BWI). Greg Bennett's Meetup on the first Wednesday of each month is fantastic as is Andre Johnson's Deals Meetup at National Harbor.

I don't see the need for another meetup.  Let's make the ones we have around the area bigger.  

We're having a record year this year in fundings and we've already exceed our goals.  I'm looking forward to a more strategic marketing campaign next year that will hopefully keep the party going.

Best of luck in your wholesaling goals.

Stephanie

Hi

I am from Germantown, MD. I am new to BP and just getting started learning.

Hey Trevor

Im based in Baltimore

Im from here and Im BRRRing

My goal is to whole ale one property before the year is out I hope to purchase two BRRR properties

good luck to you man

SoMD here. 🤙

I'm also in MD, focusing on the DMV area because that's the area I know. I've bought four units over the last few months and I'm looking (or will be looking soon) for tenants. I'm also considering doing my first flip with a partner in the near future.

Howard County and Baltimore County

Goals for 2018 is simply to purchase one property. Nothing crazy on the REI front next year as of now. I have a lot of traveling on my plate instead.

305-537-6252

Hey Trevor! 

I am from Baltimore and I am new to real estate investing. My goal for the rest of 2017 is to continue to learn and find mentors . My goal for 2018 is to buy and hold 2-3 properties using the BRRRR strategy.

Best Wishes!

Originally posted by @Stephanie Potter :

@Trevor S Foster

We're down here in Southern Maryland. The Gaithersburg REIA is excellent as Ned Carey mentioned (not to mention the massive REIA in Towson and BWI). Greg Bennett's Meetup on the first Wednesday of each month is fantastic as is Andre Johnson's Deals Meetup at National Harbor.

I don't see the need for another meetup.  Let's make the ones we have around the area bigger.  

We're having a record year this year in fundings and we've already exceed our goals.  I'm looking forward to a more strategic marketing campaign next year that will hopefully keep the party going.

Best of luck in your wholesaling goals.

Stephanie

I need to catch up with the REIA in Towson. Do they have a website? When do they get together?

I live in Ellicott City Howard County Maryland between Baltimore and DC.  

I only had one rental property last year and in the past 6 months have bought 3 Town houses that will be rental properties. Each i purchased at Auction site unseen. First one has Tenant. Im finishing up fixing one right now and will be looking for tenant soon.  3rd property i go to settlement in a few weeks and will get to see the inside and will start rehabbing. My goal is to have all of them fixed up with tenants inside before the new year. Next year i would like to buy 3-4 for properties all long term rentals. 

Okay, we have people. Who wants to do a meetup? I'm thinking nothing fancy (no prepared talks or anything), just all meet at a local pub or some-such to meet each other and make connections. I'm thinking Columbia, Jessup, or Laurel because it's easy to get to from both Baltimore and DC.

Hey there! We require all local meetup posts, club meeting announcements, and other real estate get-togethers be placed in the Events and Happening Forum, located at http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521-events-and-happenings. Thanks!

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.