Any one in Vegas actively trying to grow

Any one in Vegas actively trying to grow

New to Real Estate · Las Vegas NV · Member since 2020 · 90 posts · 46 votes

I realize I am in a different situation from most here, still looking for my first investment, but is anyone in vegas actively trying to grow?  I know this market is a turbulent one right now, the post Covid-19 rebound will be a challenging one for this area I know.

0Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2017 · 279 posts · 133 votes
6y

Grow in which way? I just bought the BP intention journal and I'm trying to grow in just about every way with exception to my waste line. What are you trying to do?

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2017 · 279 posts · 133 votes
    6y

    Grow in which way? I just bought the BP intention journal and I'm trying to grow in just about every way with exception to my waste line. What are you trying to do?

  • Real Estate Agent · Henderson, NV · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 550 votes
    6y

    @Kevin Paglia if you're one of those with lots of extra time now, it's a great time to grow your knowledge base.  Read as much as you can.  Drive neighborhoods to get familiar with each one as you compare to the data.  Research school districts.  Find out where new developments are going to happen.  The list goes on.  

    When people get scared, they often use that as an excuse to not take action.  It can be difficult to not get sucked into that thinking.  I'm mostly talking about real estate agent sales here, but it applies to just about everything.  

    I'm rebooting and working the plan I had at the beginning of the year.  So far it's paying off well.  It's a great time to gain market share and help consumers in need.

  • New to Real Estate · Las Vegas NV · Member since 2020 · 90 posts · 46 votes
    6y

    I'm growing in my reading (three books since the lock-down), just finished the house hacking book and am debating my next, ABC's of property management or a self improvement book. Have two jobs with all the income from one going into the investment funds. And I am asking questions and reading stories here on the forums because I learn best from listening to others.

    I've been spending hours a week looking at neighborhoods, homes, have a second walk through today.  My goal is to buy a house to hack NOW that needs elbow grease and such and be able to start renting it out as soon as things in Vegas start to grow again.  Anyways, that's the plan and what is the saying about plans and God?

  • Member since 2019 · 65 posts · 68 votes
    6y

    @Kevin Paglia  I've been looking to add an investment property in the Vegas/Henderson area for a while and I'd say at the moment that I'm slightly apprehensive, but overall not much has changed, such that if I can find a great deal for a long term hold, I may still be interested.

    Don't get me wrong, I agree the recovery here will be slower than other areas and I have concerns.  But I'll just add that to my "evaluation" - can I find a deal good enough to compensate for a slower recovery and potentially greater risk?  From what I'm seeing so far, some properties are sitting longer than I expected, but no one seems to be reducing listing price yet either.

    On the flip side, I'm very concerned about inflation with all the financial "interventions" happening.  With interest rates so low, and many folks believing a cheap 30-year mortgage (and property in general) is a great hedge against inflation, this makes me think perhaps it is a good time to add a property and diversify our investments in general.

  • Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2017 · 279 posts · 133 votes
    6y

    You guys sound exactly like the kind of people I hope are in my mastermind group. I too am concerned about inflation. I watching something from BP which recommended something else, which recommended something else and like 4 recommendations later I came across this video series called "The Crash Course" that's all about our money system and how it works, how banking works, how the fed prints money, inflation and on and on and on. If you think you can be better prepared by understand the entire system in general, you might want to check it out. 

    Warning: It's LONG...It's broken up into 25 episodes of varying lengths but overall I'm sure it's 3 hours or more. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Gulf Breeze, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 733 votes
    6y

    @Kevin Paglia - What has kept you from doing your first deal..so far? 

  • New to Real Estate · Las Vegas NV · Member since 2020 · 90 posts · 46 votes
    6y

    @Jay helms  looking at houses this week. Hope to make an offer Friday night, depending on what I see.  A house hack for my first. 

  • New to Real Estate · Los Angeles · Member since 2019 · 26 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Brad Bellstedt II tried finding the "The Crash Course" videos via YouTube, but could not find the series you suggested.  Do you know what channel it may be on?

  • Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Laretta Young here’s a link to the one I know of called The Crash Course Peak Prosperity. It’s from 2008/2009. The website associated with the company has a forum, links to products they suggest buying. Personally none concerns aren’t anything new for me, certain brokers were telling clients at a futures firm the same thing when I started trading in 2003. Valuable information to know, but presented in a doom and gloom scare tactic fashion that I find kinda as a turn off.

    https://www.peakprosperity.com/crashcourse/

  • New to Real Estate · Los Angeles · Member since 2019 · 26 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    Thank you @Patrick J Page!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.