Looking to connect with like minded individuals!

Looking to connect with like minded individuals!

Rental Property Investor · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 26 votes

Hello BP Community,

I hope everyone's doing well and staying safe during this pandemic. I'd just like to introduce myself... My name is Adrien Salvador and I am 23 years old. Recently, I began my real estate journey 6 months ago and so far I have managed to purchase two properties under my name with the help of my partner, agents, family and friends! As of today(7/16/20), I am now a full-time real estate investor and future agent! I've managed to replace my engineering income from other sources of incomes. I decided to quit because I was very unhappy with my job and was not passionate about engineering at all. Would love to connect with other investors, agents, contractors, or anyone involved in real estate for that manner! 

7Reply
75 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Willingboro, NJ · Member since 2013 · 32 posts · 12 votes
6y

Hello Everyone! I am engineer who had a change of career and now working on my real estate investment journe. I have 4 parcels of land under contract that I'm looking to flip and currently searching for a multifamily property to get into using creative financing . I'm seeing a theme here! It may be a good idea for everyone here to connect and see how the REI journey is coming along and where they may be value to add to one another. Just a thought

See this reply in the discussion

37 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Dallas, TX · Member since 2017 · 306 posts · 133 votes
    6y

    Hello Adrien!  I was a licensed real estate broker for about 30 years in Texas as well as construction management.  All in and around in Dallas.  I know a little about some of your concerns and might be able to give you some good advice.  Unfortunately, I have not been able to walk, drive, or work for the last 9 years, since I was 54.  One good thing is that I have been learning full time for the last 7 years.  I've read about 150 books, listened to many podcasts, watched videos, and have read many tips.  All of that was concentrated on real estate investments.

    I still feel good that my wife chose to keep me alive.  I have been able to witness our daughter graduate from the University of Arkansas.  She works for a US money printer and they are very busy.  Because of her learning she cleans their water and air.  I have plenty of time to be looked up  and you should feel free to converse with me.

    I've been a member here for 5 or 6 years and they can help your learning in many ways depending on your membership level.  Knowledge through education can give you some satisfaction.  I'm glad to hear that you have gotten started and that you enjoy what you do.  That is part of a good solution.

    Good luck to you!

  • New to Real Estate · Edison, NJ · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Hello Adrien,

    I'm also starting out on my real estate journey. I'm a mechanical engineer and have started out on venturing on real estate investing as a means of replacing my income. I plan on building my portfolio slowly before I plan on quitting the rat race. Would like to chat with a fellow investor and beginner if interested. 

  • Edison, NJ · Member since 2019 · 24 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    @Adrien Salvador

    Hey! I too am a mechanical engineer (MEP design engineer in NYC). I'm 26 and my wife and I currently have a house hack and are on the sidelines for a second investment property.

    Nice job with the quick real estate growth. How did you get your second property? Did you BRRRR or get a second personal loan? Curious because I'm in the planning stage and want to see what other people are doing in the area.

  • Rental Property Investor · Willingboro, NJ · Member since 2013 · 32 posts · 12 votes
    6y

    Hello Everyone! I am engineer who had a change of career and now working on my real estate investment journe. I have 4 parcels of land under contract that I'm looking to flip and currently searching for a multifamily property to get into using creative financing . I'm seeing a theme here! It may be a good idea for everyone here to connect and see how the REI journey is coming along and where they may be value to add to one another. Just a thought

  • Rental Property Investor · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 26 votes
    6y

    Hey @Louie Dichoso, @Rick DiAgostino, and @Jerome Adams!! Thank you all for showing interest! I would love for the four of us to connect and talk about our experiences and the goals that we plan to achieve via real estate. I, too, was a mechanical engineer and I had the priviledge to quit my fulltime job on July 2020(about 9 months officially being out of college on August 2019). Thanks to real estate and having mentors guiding me, I've been able to persevere and build my portfolio the past 6 months. Right now, I am about to go under contract on my fourth property and can't feel nothing but blessings.

  • Real Estate Agent · Millburn, NJ · Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    @Adrien Salvador

    I’m a Real Estate newbie in Millburn area. I’m in the process of getting my real estate license and would love to connect.

  • Rental Property Investor · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 26 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Erika Sierra:

    @Adrien Salvador

    I’m a Real Estate newbie in Millburn area. I’m in the process of getting my real estate license and would love to connect.

     I'd love to!

  • Rental Property Investor · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 26 votes
    6y

    Update: I am going under contract on my fifth property

  • Rental Property Investor · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 26 votes
    6y

    Another update: 6th property is here haha

  • Little Falls, NJ · Member since 2014 · 87 posts · 49 votes
    6y

    Hi Adrien, Like most of us here; I can talk about real estate all day. Keep me posted if you're thinking about setting up a Google Meet or Zoom. 

  • Lender · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2020 · 39 posts · 12 votes
    5y

    Hi Adrien (and everyone else)... congrats on the 6th property! I have been in Jersey City for 12 years. I work in television, but also have 2 rentals and do some private lending. I too would be interested in chatting about our market/area or even meeting up for an outdoor coffee or drink to kick some ideas around. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2020 · 49 posts · 33 votes
    5y

    Hey guys! Just jumping onto this chat chain as well, but are you still looking for members in your Jersey City group? I am also an Engineer in the Jersey City area, starting off my REI adventure, and I wanted to know if a chat has been created as I would love to join and interested in hearing everyone's stories!

  • Real Estate Agent · Fort Lee, NJ · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Adrien Salvador

    Hi Adrian and everyone on chat 😊

    Congratulations on your mission!

    I’m actually a real estate agent in Bergen County NJ. Long story short... I’ve had my license for about 12 years now. Been in property management for about 10. Looking to get out of the rat race myself, I left my job. Through out the years I kept my license active but was not out on the field as an agent until now. So Im feeling like I’m starting over and look to actually obtain properties myself in the future. I’m definitely looking to connect with people that I can brain storm with. Hoping we can all connect. Be safe all!

    Deb Dash

  • Rental Property Investor · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 26 votes
    5y

    Hey what's going on all! I would love to connect with you all. Each one of your backgrounds are amazing and I'm glad we can all relate and go forward the same path

  • Investor · Member since 2019 · 53 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Adrien Salvador

    Hi Adrien,

    I'm happy to see all of the great people that have wanted to connect. I'm a technical co-founder of the software company, so software engineering is definitely part of my skill set. Let's connect!

  • Wholesaler · Dallas, TX · Member since 2017 · 306 posts · 133 votes
    5y

    Hello again Adrien!  Just be aware of all you do and make all decions and hope those will not come back and haunt you in the future.  Good luck and best wishes!

  • Rental Property Investor · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 26 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Michael Lewis Lee:

    Hello again Adrien!  Just be aware of all you do and make all decions and hope those will not come back and haunt you in the future.  Good luck and best wishes!

     Thank you for the insight Michael. I truly do appreciate it and will take it into consideration. In order to keep making winning investments, I have made sure to run it by my mentor who is a seasoned investor here in New Jersey. He's helped me structure my deals and make sure that I am able to model the same system he's using with his own properties. :D 

  • Teaneck, NJ · Member since 2015 · 49 posts · 11 votes
    5y

    Hi Community,

       This is a great thread. Are non-engineers welcomed.? I work as a technician but I've been gradually investing in Bergen County rentals the past 5 yrs. I'm closing on my 5th property this month. 

    I'm a licensed realtor. I love this hustle, and daydream about leaving my career for real estate fulltime.... maybe one day...

  • Rental Property Investor · Pitman, NJ · Member since 2019 · 24 posts · 16 votes
    5y

    @Adrien Salvador @Louie Dichoso @Rick DiAgostino @Jerome Adams Hey guys if it’s not to late I’d love to connect as well! Young investor in the SJ area with what seems like very similar goals. Let me know, would love to help each other develop as investors!

  • Rental Property Investor · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 26 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Brian Wolf:

    @Adrien Salvador @Louie Dichoso @Rick DiAgostino @Jerome Adams Hey guys if it’s not to late I’d love to connect as well! Young investor in the SJ area with what seems like very similar goals. Let me know, would love to help each other develop as investors!

     Let's run it everybody!! I am definitely down to set up this hangout. Let's definitely connect!!

  • Investor · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2020 · 39 posts · 22 votes
    5y

    Hi @Adrien Salvador. Its fantastic to read about your success story. I am also an engineer from Jersey City and in the same time frame as you, I have closed a grand total of one new property and I am wondering how to accelerate from here. I would love to connect and even meet for coffee/meal if that works for you. It's also great to see that we have a lot of interested real estate investors in and around JC and I would love to do a zoom call / in-person hangout with all of you.

  • New to Real Estate · Nutley · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    If it's not too late, and if non engineers are welcomed, then I'm definitely interested in a meeting of the minds! I live in Clifton. I have been working in the corporate accounting field for 10+ years. I own a home, but want to invest in properties and build a portfolio. Would love to touch base with like minded people in the area.

  • Rental Property Investor · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 26 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Chinmay N.:

    Hi @Adrien Salvador. Its fantastic to read about your success story. I am also an engineer from Jersey City and in the same time frame as you, I have closed a grand total of one new property and I am wondering how to accelerate from here. I would love to connect and even meet for coffee/meal if that works for you. It's also great to see that we have a lot of interested real estate investors in and around JC and I would love to do a zoom call / in-person hangout with all of you.

    Hey Chinmay, thank you so much for your kind words! We had already spoken so you know what to do from here. As for everybody else, you are all invited to come and hangout with us in-person Tuesday evening in Jersey City!

  • Rental Property Investor · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 26 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    If it's not too late, and if non engineers are welcomed, then I'm definitely interested in a meeting of the minds! I live in Clifton. I have been working in the corporate accounting field for 10+ years. I own a home, but want to invest in properties and build a portfolio. Would love to touch base with like minded people in the area.

     I am definitely planning this next in-person meeting with everybody! I would love to connect with you all! Let's all touch base.

  • Realtor · NY · Member since 2020 · 167 posts · 169 votes
    5y

    @Adrien Salvador, there's an active meetup you may be interested in hosted by @Jonathan Greene, PM for login if you're interested.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.