Wilmington, NC and surrounding areas

17 Replies

Hey all, 

I recently relocated to the Wilmington, NC area (currently residing near Carolina Beach) and would love to connect with any local professionals.

I am looking to start my portfolio in the next year and would love to learn as much as possible about the opportunities in Wilmington. 

Ideally would like to obtain my real estate license in the next year or so while targeting some properties for rehabbing. I also would love to offer myself for labor to better understand the rehab process and how to flip homes.

Feel free to message me any time!!

Best regards,

Gabe Stabile

I recently moved to Wilmington as well (on Sunday). I'm looking to implement a similar strategy. My wife will be getting her real estate license while I focus on the rehab/property management side. I'd like to start a bigger pockets Wilmington group to meet once a month to network and learn more about the process. Would that be something you're interested in? We moved from Greensboro where we will be keeping our primary residence and turn it into a rental. I'm looking for SF, duplex, tri, and quads. Price range depends but would like to stick around 100-150k with at least positive cash flow of 100 per unit. We can meet for coffee or something if you'd like. I'd recommend attending and signing up for the wilmington REIA group as well. It's cheap, easy and a good place to start networking with the right people. Good luck.

Jason

Originally posted by @Jason Coleman :

I recently moved to Wilmington as well (on Sunday). I'm looking to implement a similar strategy. My wife will be getting her real estate license while I focus on the rehab/property management side. I'd like to start a bigger pockets Wilmington group to meet once a month to network and learn more about the process. Would that be something you're interested in? We moved from Greensboro where we will be keeping our primary residence and turn it into a rental. I'm looking for SF, duplex, tri, and quads. Price range depends but would like to stick around 100-150k with at least positive cash flow of 100 per unit. We can meet for coffee or something if you'd like. I'd recommend attending and signing up for the wilmington REIA group as well. It's cheap, easy and a good place to start networking with the right people. Good luck.

Jason

Hey Jason,

Great to meet you man. I absolutely would be interested in meeting and trying to start something here in the area. My wife and I are currently looking for our first home. I believe were both on board with a rehab/BRRRR type whether it be a multi-family or SFH.

I plan on getting my real estate license in the next 6-18 months as well and I do plan on signing up for the REIA here in the next few weeks.

We literally just moved 3 weeks ago and I just started my new job. Things have been somewhat hectic, needless to say. 

Best,

Gabe

@Gabriel Stabile and @Jason Coleman welcome to ENC. 

The Coastal Carolina REIA meets the second Thursday of each month and is a great resource. They usually have about 40-60 people at any given meeting.

https://coastalreia.org/wilmington-reia-meetings/

Hey Bill, thanks for reaching out.

I plan on getting involved with that group as soon as I get a bit more settled. This seems like a great opportunity to network and get a better feel for the area.

@Gabriel Stabile no worries man. I'm a little north of you, but if you need anything feel free to reach out.

Hi there! My husband and I moved to Wilmington last summer from Winston-Salem and I've spent a fair amount of watching the market since the move. We were just getting rolling in the Triad when we had to move, but have the itch to get started here. We're primarily interested in fix and flip, but are not opposed to some good potential rentals. Dave (my husband) is an architect by training and has extensive construction experience. He currently works in commercial real estate development, but has a long-term passion for residential, especially remodeling. Im the "bird-dog" and love looking for potential investments. Our primary residence here was a short-sale that netted us almost $100K equity for simply having the stomach to get the title cleared. 

Nice to meet you all!

Hey Elena, great to meet you! I would love to connect with you and your husband. If he ever would want an extra hand in some labor regarding home renovation projects, I would be happy to help just to learn from someone that knows what they are doing. Great to meet you!

I'm currently looking to invest in a buy and hold, out-of-state. Preferably in Wilmington. I know the landlord laws are good, and the prices are much more attractive than CA.

Would love to network with local investors, property managers, and realtors in the area!

Contact me so we can talk!!

Welcome to the area, Gabriel! There are plenty of us in the area who are actively investing and who would be willing to help out however we can. Wilmington's investment scene is a bit frothy, but there are still deals if you're diligent in your search. Or if you're willing to put in the effort for off market deals. Finding a deal on the MLS is particularly tricky right now. However, it can be done. Stick to your numbers and be patient and you'll find something.

We are creating an RE investing group here in Wilmington. I didn't realize these messages were on a different thread. We're supposed to be meeting at the port city Java on Oleander today at 6pm. If you want to join that group look up "Wilmington NC Investing group" in the forums. We're going to exchange info these next couples of weeks and figure out a time that works best for everyone. Or connect with me and I'll send you updates. Thanks.

Jason

Jason, If you're still going I will see you shortly!

@Jason Coleman Are the meetups still happening, and if so, what days and time? Thanks for any info!

I'd like to know this too. Where and when?

Hey all,

Hope all is well with everyone!

I wanted to extend my services to any local investors here in the Wilmington and surrounding areas. While I do not have any capital to bring to the table, I do have a good amount of free time outside of my job. I am extremely eager to get a foot in the door to REI and willing to do whatever it takes to learn from someone that has done it.

Whether it is help with rehabbing a property, putting together a buyer list for wholesaling, managing properties, etc., I would love to connect and do whatever I can for you!

Best regards,

Gabe

Hello all! I am a local real estate investor and agent in the Wilmington, NC market. I currently own a triplex in Carolina Beach that I am house hacking and work with investors (mostly flippers and vacation rentals) throughout the area. 

If you all would like to learn more about the market or need an investor friendly agent I can help. Feel free to reach out on BP anytime.

This post has been removed.

CCREIA in Wilmington on the second Thursday of each month is a good source for investors as far as education and contacts. The company I work for just joined as a sponsor as we want to be available to long term investment owners.   I own several investment properties as well and I am huge proponent for investing in this tri county market.   Whats amazing is I talk to investors every day from CA who have never been here but find Wilmington as a great possibility for appreciation.  So that is a good sign for anyone local.   I love to guide investors on best properties to purchase so its a win win for all if we end up managing the property.    I look forward to meeting investors and answering questions each month when I am at the CCREIA meetings. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here