Sunriver - Bend - La Pine OREGON - Let's plan a meetup!!

Sunriver - Bend - La Pine OREGON - Let's plan a meetup!!

Karen MargraveBusiness Member
Moderator
Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes

Hi everyone!! For those that don't  know who I am, I am Karen Margrave. I've been a moderator on BP for several years, having become obsessed with the site in 2010 or so. I was living in Orange County CA and we were building spec new construction for several years. After the loss of my husband, my son (and business partner) and I decided to relocate our business to a new area; and moved to Oregon. We're just starting out, getting to know the areas, types of niches (of which there are many!) etc. My niece, and BP member, @Christine Larsen is a real estate broker in Sunriver, and knows every piece of real estate, and more important, every dirt road around so that makes it so much easier for us. For me... thank God for GPS!! 

I know there's several BP members in the Bend, Sunriver, La Pine, Redmond areas in various niches. I'd like to plan a meet up where we can all get together and see what we can do to help each other grow, and talk about the local markets. Since I'm relatively new to the area, and it's quite spread out, let's see where the greatest number of people are located, and then decide on where to do a meetup. 

I'm thinking it will be after the 1st of the year, due to all the holiday commitments everyone usually has. 

WEIGH IN ... Introduce yourself, where are you located, what type of investing are you doing or interested in, etc. Tag anyone else you know in the area that may be interested too. 

Tags: Oregon, vacation rental, 2nd home, deschutes, oregon new construction, mt. bachelor, RV, tiny homes,  airbnb, 

4Reply
129 views

Most Popular Reply

Natalie KolodijBusiness Member
Moderator
Tax Strategist| National Tax Educator| Accepting New Clients · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
8y

Hi @Karen Margrave 

This is a great idea. I'm actually up in the Seattle area now but I'm from Bend and have been following the market/considering investing there as well. 

Depending on when this is I'd love to try to make it down. If you are interested in having someone speak on Taxes for REI since it's that time of year let me know as well :)

See this reply in the discussion

111 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Natalie KolodijBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Tax Strategist| National Tax Educator| Accepting New Clients · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y

    Hi @Karen Margrave 

    This is a great idea. I'm actually up in the Seattle area now but I'm from Bend and have been following the market/considering investing there as well. 

    Depending on when this is I'd love to try to make it down. If you are interested in having someone speak on Taxes for REI since it's that time of year let me know as well :)

  • Investor/Real Estate Agent · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 198 posts · 119 votes
    8y

    Great idea Karen! As you know I am over in Portland but I am always looking for an excuse to escape to Bend. I will follow this feed and pending road conditions and date of event I will certainly try to make it out. 

  • Investor · Bend, OR · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 2 votes
    8y
    Definitely interested. My husband and I live in Bend. After the new year sounds great!
  • Real Estate Agent · Sisters, OR · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    I will be there the last one fizzled out but I can contact them all again.  After the new year sounds goo.  Hopefully everyone will be motivated.

  • Bend , OR · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 6 votes
    8y
    I am a motivated student at OSU Cascades and would love to attend a meet up.
  • Grayson GrahamPro Member
    Investor · Bend, OR · Member since 2015 · 83 posts · 51 votes
    8y

    Hello everyone! My name is Grayson, I recently moved to Bend and began working at the local real estate company . On my own time I like to hold and flip rental properties, at work I am involved with many projects such as Northwest Crossing (West Bend), Hidden Hills (East Bend), and Canyon Rim Village (Redmond).

    I would love to attend this meetup, it sounds like a great opportunity for me to learn from all of you guys' experience and hopefully I can contribute a bit as well. See you all soon!

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y

    @Eric Bilderback @Grayson Graham @Grant Hamlin @Natalie Kolodij @Jessica Swagerty @Jacob Wathen @Ian Berg

    Sounds good. I will keep all of you posted.  Where does everyone live so that we can find a location that works best ? Please tag anyone else you know on BP that lives in the area. 

  • Grayson GrahamPro Member
    Investor · Bend, OR · Member since 2015 · 83 posts · 51 votes
    8y

    There seem to be a lot more people in this thread mentioning Bend in their profiles and posts than other parts of Central Oregon, how would you all feel about meeting here in Bend? 

    Maybe we could reserve a section at a local brewery? I would be happy to help arrange that.

    Edit: Goodlife, 10 Barrel, and Sunriver Brewing are all within a short walk of each other so it could make a fun brewery hop, if thats the type of thing you guys would be into doing together.

  • Real Estate Agent · Sisters, OR · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    I’d like to do something on the north side a little closer for people comming from redmond, Sisters etc.

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y

    @Grayson Graham I'm sure most of the people will be from the Bend area. I am down in Sunriver. Once we know how many people we're going to have, and from where, we can set a date and place. With the holidays around the corner I know there's a lot of people not as active on BP, etc. so after the 1st of the year will be a good time to start up.  It appears we have a few different brokers, flippers, etc. 

    I would also like to ask that in future posts everyone keep your company names out, as some of the other moderators might hide your posts due to advertising. I will go back through and edit out company names. 

    As for your offer to help arrange meetup, that sounds good. There was on another post someone that had one previously, and he offered too, so it's good to know people will get involved. I'll go back through and get that post and tag them here. 

  • Grayson GrahamPro Member
    Investor · Bend, OR · Member since 2015 · 83 posts · 51 votes
    8y

    Oops, sorry about the company name slip up! I didnt realize i was breaking any rules by saying where i work, looks like i need to go re-read them haha

    I will be standing by, let me know if theres anything I can do to help with the planning or setup since im right here in town.

  • Ian BergPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Bend, OR · Member since 2014 · 30 posts · 16 votes
    8y

    How about the week of January 9th or 15th? Maybe a weeknight happy hour? I know that at McMenamins  we could reserve a private room and they have a decent happy hour but i'm open to anywhere. 

  • Investor · Bend, OR · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    I am interested in a meetup. Replying here to get notifications when a date and place is determined.

  • Bend, OR · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    I would be interested in attending.  I am located on the Westside of Bend and I'm currently looking for 2-4plexes.  

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y

    @Eric Bilderback @Grayson Graham @Grant Hamlin @Erik Hammagren @Teal Horsman @Natalie Kolodij @Jessica Swagerty @Jacob Wathen @Glynn Griffith @Christine Larsen

    Happy New Year everyone! I wanted to check in with you and see if everyone is still interested in doing a meetup? I know a lot of people are battling the flu, so maybe February would make sense?  What are your thoughts for a Saturday mid morning or afternoon meetup? 

    I'm in Sunriver, and not really familiar with Bend, so some suggestions on locations or someone wanting to set it up would be great. In Lake Forest we used to just do it at a pizza place that had a meeting room, and everyone was asked to support the business by buying food/drinks.  Anyway, please leave your thoughts and suggestions. 

  • Investor/Real Estate Agent · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 198 posts · 119 votes
    8y

    Hello @Karen Margrave! I hope all is well. I am still interested in attending! February may be better but I am not local so let the locals determine what works best for them! 

    Have a great week! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Sisters, OR · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Karen Margrave 

    I am up for February if not before, it would be nice to set something up monthly like the second Tuesday of every month.  I personally would prefer a happy hour on a weekday like Mr. @Ian Berg proposed.  I think we would have a larger turnout then as well.  I would be happy to call up a McMenamins and set it up.  Before we met at the Broken Top Bottle Shop and sat in the back room.  They brought in some tables it worked pretty well I thought.

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y

    Maybe everyone can weigh in on what day would work best for them, and then we'll go from there. 

  • La Pine, OR · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Any day would work for me. Looking forward to it.

  • Investor · Bend, OR · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Hey there! @paulsinger and I would definitely be interested in a locals meetup! My schedule is flexible and he is available weekends or weekdays after 5:30 pm. Thanks for setting this up!

  • Investor · Bend, OR · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 12 votes
    8y

    As long as it's after 5:30 on a weekday I am in. Karen it might be easier to just pick a date and if people want to be there they will make it happen, just my two cents.

  • Grayson GrahamPro Member
    Investor · Bend, OR · Member since 2015 · 83 posts · 51 votes
    8y

    Based on what everyones saying im just going to throw a date/time/place out here, how does 5:30pm on Thursday February 1st at the Mcmenamins in Bend sound to everyone? 

  • Investor · Bend, OR · Member since 2016 · 52 posts · 15 votes
    8y

    I could do that.  Does Mcmenamins have a quiet area we can talk?  The bottle shop was good because they kinda let us put some tables together on the non bar side and it was never too busy, everyone had their own tab.  Open to options

  • Grayson GrahamPro Member
    Investor · Bend, OR · Member since 2015 · 83 posts · 51 votes
    8y

    The Broken Top Bottle Shop sounds good to me, Happy Hour is 3-6 and Feb 1st will be Thirsty Taco Thursday!

  • Bend , OR · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    Sounds like a good time to me! @Grayson Graham

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.