Looking to connect with investors in Bend, Oregon

Looking to connect with investors in Bend, Oregon

Jimmy LieuBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes

Hi all,

I am from Portland, Oregon, but I am looking to invest in the Bend, Oregon market. I'm looking into doing a house hack over there! Would love to connect and meet other investors in the area. Thanks so much.

3Reply
39 views

Most Popular Reply

Grant SchroederPro Member
Lender · OR ID AZ CA WA CO NV TN MT · Member since 2018 · 599 posts · 312 votes
6y

Hi Jimmy, you can’t go wrong working with Cory Carlson over there in Bend. He knows the market well and is the perfect choice to help with house hacking. We are currently working together to help a client find a house hack in the Salem, OR market. Feel free to send me a DM if you have more questions about the financing side!

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Cory CarlsonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · OR · Member since 2018 · 311 posts · 226 votes
    6y

    Hi Jimmy, 
    I have some great contacts for you in Bend, OR and am well versed in the multifamily market here. I've helped several clients do the house-hack, check out the referral on my profile for a prime example of a client i helped house-hack a 4-plex and force appreciation of about $150,000. @Devin Creek is a great resource in the area for handyman and GC work too. 

    I also helped @Account Closed take this approach as well. 

    Constant Commercial Real Estate Inc543 Reviews
  • Jimmy LieuBusiness Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Cory Carlson:

    Hi Jimmy, 
    I have some great contacts for you in Bend, OR and am well versed in the multifamily market here. I've helped several clients do the house-hack, check out the referral on my profile for a prime example of a client i helped house-hack a 4-plex and force appreciation of about $150,000. @Devin Creek is a great resource in the area for handyman and GC work too. 

    I also helped @Account Closed take this approach as well. 

    I just sent you a text message! Frankie recommended me to you and I was meaning to contact you

  • Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2019 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    Good luck - Bend got over-priced about 3 years ago.   No incomes to support high rents.

    I'd love to hear a success story so keep us updated.

  • Contractor · Bend, OR · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Jimmy Lieu

    Hi Jimmy, I’m an investor and general contractor here in Bend. I moved here a little over three years ago from the east coast and have loved living/working/investing here.

    Feel free to reach out anytime if you have any questions, just want to connect, or if you need a hand scoping out properties. I also do anything from small to large renovations/repairs, additions, new construction, etc. if your house hack need some work!

  • Grant SchroederPro Member
    Lender · OR ID AZ CA WA CO NV TN MT · Member since 2018 · 599 posts · 312 votes
    6y

    Hi Jimmy, you can’t go wrong working with Cory Carlson over there in Bend. He knows the market well and is the perfect choice to help with house hacking. We are currently working together to help a client find a house hack in the Salem, OR market. Feel free to send me a DM if you have more questions about the financing side!

  • Jimmy LieuBusiness Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Greg Watson:

    @Jimmy Lieu

    Hi Jimmy, I’m an investor and general contractor here in Bend. I moved here a little over three years ago from the east coast and have loved living/working/investing here.

    Feel free to reach out anytime if you have any questions, just want to connect, or if you need a hand scoping out properties. I also do anything from small to large renovations/repairs, additions, new construction, etc. if your house hack need some work!

    Sweet! I've sent you a connection request

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y

    Hi everyone. I didn't remove any of the posts this time, but BP doesn't allow "deal making" in the forums. The only place that is allowed is in Marketplace, so I wanted to let you know so that your posts don't get removed. Also, we're not supposed to ask people to DM us. (I don't make the rules, just passing along info) 

    As to meetups, there's a Bend Meetup that I started when I was up there, if you do a search you'll find it. 

  • Lender · Bend, OR · Member since 2016 · 66 posts · 45 votes
    6y

    Right on Jimmy! Reach out to me of you need a local lender. I'm at the meetups and invest in rentals as well. A good number of the deals I finance are with investors. House hacking is how I was able to first purchase my home in Bend!

  • Bend, OR · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    Hey Jimmy, new investor here but I would happy to chat and share thoughts on the Bend market. I have seen a few duplexes on the market within the last year in the mid to high $300s in my neighborhood. They are close to the railroad and could use rehab, but more and more houses in this neighborhood are being updated and I believe could see solid appreciation over the next 5-10 years. We're one of the last neighborhoods to be gentrified (as much as Bend sees) with close proximity to downtown. Two duplexes a couple blocks from me just experienced fire damage due to a neighbors charcoal grill mishap... maybe opportunity there for an owner not wanting to deal with the hassle. If you're in the area and want to meet up give me a shout on here!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.