Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 113 posts · 30 votes
I have an opportunity to invest in Killeen, Texas. I live an hour away. I'd like to hear from others who are investing there or who have information about it.
Thanks in advance,
Dan.
I'm an agent here in Killeen. We've definitely got some investors. There is a MeetUp group that meets every first and third Thursday from 11:30 to 1:00 at El Chico's in Killeen if you have time. The MeetUp group is at the following link:
Also, I personally keep the Google Sheet at the link below updated with possible deals, both MLS (foreclosures/short sales) and non-MLS deals that I run across as a Realtor. Hopefully it might be helpful to you.
I haven't done a lot of investing myself apart from a fourplex and single family that I originally lived in and now rent out, so I can talk about the rental market some. The MeetUp group is the best place to start, though, as far as networking and seeing what other people in the area have going on.
Rockwall, TX · Member since 2014 · 380 posts · 211 votes
11y
We have a property there in the rehab process. We are excited about the prospects there. However, military cutbacks due to the Washington budget issues will decimate this area. And it seems to far to take advantage of the Austin/RoundRock job market. As you are from the area, what do you think of the distance and traffic issue?
I'm an agent here in Killeen. We've definitely got some investors. There is a MeetUp group that meets every first and third Thursday from 11:30 to 1:00 at El Chico's in Killeen if you have time. The MeetUp group is at the following link:
Also, I personally keep the Google Sheet at the link below updated with possible deals, both MLS (foreclosures/short sales) and non-MLS deals that I run across as a Realtor. Hopefully it might be helpful to you.
I haven't done a lot of investing myself apart from a fourplex and single family that I originally lived in and now rent out, so I can talk about the rental market some. The MeetUp group is the best place to start, though, as far as networking and seeing what other people in the area have going on.
Lampasas, TX · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 4 votes
11y
@Brian Adams, I am a newbie investor in the Killeen area. I plan on attending the next Killeen REI meetup. I look forward to meeting you if you attend. The spreadsheet is great! I have a lot to learn, but am very eager.
Real Estate Broker · Westampton, NJ · Member since 2014 · 57 posts · 31 votes
11y
I have a quad-plex in Copperas Cove (next town over) since 2010, and It has been cash-flowing pretty nicely for me. I would just boost your estimate for repairs and vacancy due to high turnover from military personnel moving around a lot.