Real Estate License Course/Class in Texas

Real Estate License Course/Class in Texas

Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes

I'm in the early stages of working towards my real estate license, with the goal of practicing in Austin, Texas. I'm trying to find the best program to do the coursework through and would appreciate opinions.

So far I've looked at Real Estate Express, Kaplan, Champions, and Texas State Online. I've checked the reviews for all and seem to get mixed results. Would love some advice from anyone who has personally used any of the above (or any that I missed). The main goal is to get a good understanding and pass the first time! 

0Reply
36 views

Most Popular Reply

Architect · Sydney, NSW · Member since 2016 · 66 posts · 38 votes
9y

I am using Real Estate Express right now while overseas. I like the way the divide the info into smaller parts so it is easy to read from the screen. There are a few little things which don't match, like the add info about new piece of legislation and do not update the old piece, but you pick up these little errors easily. 

The online support has been pretty fast and I attended one webinar/live class with instructor where you can ask questions. Not sure if I will be doing it weekly but can be useful from time to time.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Lubbock, TX · Member since 2015 · 16 posts · 11 votes
    9y
    I used real estate express and found that it was the cheapest and I passed both on the first try.
  • Greg H.Pro Member
    Moderator
    Broker/Flipper · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y

    @Sara Schiman

    Groupon often has a deal for the whole online package.  All courses have the same basic information to help you pass the exam

  • Real Estate Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 173 posts · 128 votes
    9y

    @Sara Schiman,

    I am in the midst of using Real Estate Express and am very pleased.  I looked at all the big 3 or 4 and all have mixed reviews.   Real Estate Express is about half the cost of some of the others.   Offers a textbook along with the online, so you can go back and forth if you like.  Sometimes I get tired of staring at the computer screen, and read from the book (I can highlight also for later review), then jump online to take the quiz at the end of the chapter.   Please send me a PM, I may be able to help you get even a further discount with them.

    Good luck,

    Tom

  • Real Estate Broker · Austin, TX · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Sara Schiman

    Austin Institute of Real Estate. Best in the city. 

  • Architect · Sydney, NSW · Member since 2016 · 66 posts · 38 votes
    9y

    I am using Real Estate Express right now while overseas. I like the way the divide the info into smaller parts so it is easy to read from the screen. There are a few little things which don't match, like the add info about new piece of legislation and do not update the old piece, but you pick up these little errors easily. 

    The online support has been pretty fast and I attended one webinar/live class with instructor where you can ask questions. Not sure if I will be doing it weekly but can be useful from time to time.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Austin, TX · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    I've taken courses at Austin Institute of Real Estate, Real Estate Express and Champions. Real Estate Express is the cheapest and easiest to do. AIRE is the most expensive. Champions is right in the middle. 

    If you REALLY want to get the full experience and get a good learning experience, go to the classes. You'll meet a lot of beginners and veterans, plus you'll be able to ask the instructors as many questions as you want. You'll also be able to talk to different brokerage companies and ask them questions so you can decide who you want to go with. 

    My personal favorite is Champions in Round Rock. Hope this helps!    

  • Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    Thanks for the help everybody! I think I'm going to go with real estate express due to the cost and location convenience factor. I appreciate the input!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.