Temple, Texas rentals

Temple, Texas rentals

Orem, UT · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 2 votes

I know there is a real need for rentals in Temple, Texas.  I live in Utah, but would love to find someone who has some education of rentals in this area.  Does anybody know of a good property manager in this area?

0Reply
82 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Temple, TX · Member since 2015 · 111 posts · 80 votes
6y

@David Olson Thanks for the bump. After three years, I’m curious what everyone’s updates to their previous posts are. 

Three years into managing my eight units here in Temple, I HAVE LEARNED SO MUCH. The market is growing and getting hotter as Austinites move this way to get out of the city. 

What has everyone else been up to? 

See this reply in the discussion

29 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Harker Heights, TX · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    @Mikki Rogers I just completed my first BRRR and signed with Spradley Property Management. I live 30 min west of Temple. I met the owner, Bobby, for coffee about a year ago when I started my search. He is well respected and known in the community. Even without a contract, he came out and looked at the property I was going to purchase to give all kinds of advice on do's and do not's of a reno.

    Temple is a big medical market, Scott and White Hospitals. There are some folks that make the drive to Ft Hood but that's more Belton/Harker Heights (Killeen is it's own unique and potentially tough market...know the military markets before going there). If you are looking in Temple, most S&W Residents sign leases now through about May.

    http://www.spradleyproperties.com/rentals.html

  • Rental Property Investor · Temple, TX · Member since 2012 · 42 posts · 31 votes
    9y

    I live and have rentals in Temple. I also provide full service management including finding properties to purchase and turn key rentals. 

    A majority of my tenants are medical students and residents at Scott and White. I have more now that are looking for properties as well as officers stationed at Fort Hood who prefer to live in Temple or Belton.

    I would be glad to help anyway I can. 

  • Equity Raiser and Turnkey Provider · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Mikki Rogers:

    I know there is a real need for rentals in Temple, Texas.  I live in Utah, but would love to find someone who has some education of rentals in this area.  Does anybody know of a good property manager in this area?

     Hello Mikki,

    Congrats on getting started! Make sure to do your research into any PMs you look at or Turnkey providers. You want to make sure they will provide an excellent service of course!

    Good luck!

  • Investor · Temple, TX · Member since 2015 · 111 posts · 80 votes
    9y

    Hi, @Mikki Rogers! Welcome to real estate in the Temple area. I'm just starting with three multi-families in the historic area here. Following this post to see what others have to say. 

    @Account Closed is a great guy, if you're looking for property management.

    If you're interested in partnering on deals, PM me. We can chat and see if we're compatible.

    This is a great area in which to invest, so I wish you the best of luck!

  • Orem, UT · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    @Fred Hixson Thanks for your recommendation for the PM.  I will check them out.  How is your cash flow with your first property?  And what location is it?  I know the residents there will be coming soon.  We sure would love to find a property soon.

  • Real Estate Investor · Spring Branch, TX · Member since 2016 · 31 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    I'm interested in the Temple area.. I currently have one single family in San Antonio.  I want to look at something close to Scott&White.  Thanks in advance for any help. 

  • Wholesaler · Temple, TX · Member since 2017 · 44 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    Hey @Mikki Rogers! I have heard good things about Terry Lockett Property Management but I have not personally used them so take that with a grain of salt.

    Here’s a Facebook group for investors in Killeen-Temple area! Lets connect more!

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/439056220131108/?ref=share

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    Does anyone have any updates here? Is Spradley still highly recommended? 

  • Katy, TX · Member since 2017 · 149 posts · 72 votes
    6y

    Bumping this post

  • Investor · Temple, TX · Member since 2015 · 111 posts · 80 votes
    6y

    @David Olson Thanks for the bump. After three years, I’m curious what everyone’s updates to their previous posts are. 

    Three years into managing my eight units here in Temple, I HAVE LEARNED SO MUCH. The market is growing and getting hotter as Austinites move this way to get out of the city. 

    What has everyone else been up to? 

  • Rental Property Investor · Temple, TX · Member since 2012 · 42 posts · 31 votes
    6y

    @laurasulak it's great see your properties are going well! I am still growing my rental portfolio as well as looking into developing raw land into a subdivision. New builds for me are a fun new challenge.

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Hello- checking back to see how things are going with respect to single family rentals in Temple in the wake of COVID-19. Please let me know.

    Thank you

    Ryan

  • Steven PaynePro Member
    Investor · Clifton, TX · Member since 2016 · 69 posts · 14 votes
    6y

    @Account Closed have you started any new developments?  I’m about to start a new development as well. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Temple, TX · Member since 2012 · 42 posts · 31 votes
    6y

    @Steven Payne Yes, I have. Right now I am working on several. Where are you developing?

  • Rental Property Investor · Temple, TX · Member since 2012 · 42 posts · 31 votes
    6y

    @Ryan Hawkins I have all my rentals fully occupied. In the beginning of COVID-19, I was worried because one property fell through after the buyer lost her job, but I kept it and rented it for about $450 monthly net income after all expenses. So it worked out. Cashflowing properies, in my opinion, are the best way to make it through tough economic times.

  • Investor · Temple, TX · Member since 2015 · 111 posts · 80 votes
    6y

    Hi, @Ryan Hawkins. Like @Account Closed, I haven't had problems renting due to COVID-19, but the health of the Temple market will depend on each property location, condition, tenant situation. The medical and military tenants that are so prevalent around here are almost always going to provide stability. 

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Hello There- bringing this topic back up. Anyone have any insight in how long between tenants in Temple for 3/2/2 SFR?

  • Investor · Temple, TX · Member since 2015 · 111 posts · 80 votes
    6y

    @Ryan Hawkins Do you mean how long can one expect a vacancy between tenants on a 3/2/2 SFR in Temple? If so, it will depend on the property location, condition, rent amount, square footage and competition in that same class. Does your property differentiate itself from others in the same class? Do you offer something as a landlord/manager that others don't?

    People are still moving to Temple and still need a clean, safe, pleasant place to live, so it depends on many factors... I don't think anyone can give you a definitive answer. There are too many variables at play. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles · Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Hi @Laura Sulak, jumping on this thread a little late but I'd love to hear some things you've learned through your properties in Temple the last 3 years!

    From what you said previously, it seems likes the medical/military outlets provide stability in this area + some even commute as far down to Austin? Is this becoming an alternative popular spot for people to live who work in Austin? I just came across a 4/2 SFR east of 317, slightly south of Adams Ave and the cash flow and numbers seem pretty solid.

    I live in Los Angeles so it's a little tough to get a read on the area. Feel free to PM if that's easier, would love to chat!

  • Ryan KellyBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Jack Norris Temple is not a commuter city for Austin, it’s too far away. I’m sure a few people do, but not a high percentage. Temple is also a different media market and more aligned with Waco/Temple/Killeen communities. Medical and military are bigger presences.

    Ryan Kelly Group - Keller Williams5110 Reviews
  • Investor · Temple, TX · Member since 2015 · 111 posts · 80 votes
    6y

    @Jack Norris Hi! Yes, I've met several folks who've moved into my neighborhood alone from Austin to escape the high prices and traffic there, but those are homeowners. I've had two tenants who've moved here from Austin, one who drove back and forth, but she was the exception, not the rule, as @Ryan Kelly stated. Most just move here and find employment here.

    It's hard to predict from your description how well your prospective rental will do. PM me. I do think, however, that you've definitely come to the right market.

  • Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Hi all. Looking at possibly buying something in Temple. @Laura Sulak @Steven Payne @Ryan Hawkins @Ryan Kelly or anyone else, any insights on which areas of Temple are better avoided? We are looking at something on the West side kind of between Temple and Morgan's Point. Any advice? 

    Second question - How is appreciation in Temple? Now that it is almost impossible to find cash flow positive properties, we are banking on some appreciation. Thanks in advance!

  • Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Hi all. Looking at possibly buying something in Temple. @Laura Sulak @Steven Payne @Ryan Hawkins @Ryan Kelly or anyone else, any insights on which areas of Temple are better avoided? We are looking at something on the West side kind of between Temple and Morgan's Point. Any advice? 

    Second question - How is appreciation in Temple? Now that it is almost impossible to find cash flow positive properties, we are banking on some appreciation. Thanks in advance!

  • Ryan KellyBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Nisha Sub You should still be able to find cash flow if you buy a good property in the right location. I have a client now under contract in Harker Heights that should cash flow year one. I like the west side of Temple and Belton for the Bell County communities along I-35.

    Ryan Kelly Group - Keller Williams5110 Reviews
  • Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    Hi, I recently purchased a 1649 Sqft 3/2 SFH in north west temple (Belton ISD) - Lake pointe community. My PM is struggling to get it rented. Units is sitting in the market for over 50 days. What are some general marketing strategies folks are using for maximum reach.

    1. We have professional photos 
    2. Unit is currently being Marketed in Zillow and syndicate websites 

    3. Rent is @ $1/sqft. 


    Saurabh

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.