I know there is a real need for rentals in Temple, Texas. I live in Utah, but would love to find someone who has some education of rentals in this area. Does anybody know of a good property manager in this area?
Investor · Temple, TX · Member since 2015 · 111 posts · 80 votes
6y
@David Olson Thanks for the bump. After three years, I’m curious what everyone’s updates to their previous posts are.
Three years into managing my eight units here in Temple, I HAVE LEARNED SO MUCH. The market is growing and getting hotter as Austinites move this way to get out of the city.
Investor · Temple, TX · Member since 2015 · 111 posts · 80 votes
5y
Hi, @Saurabh Patel. Without seeing your listing or knowing the exact location, it's hard to give advice, but it could be that your ppsf is too high for what you have to offer. Just guessing here... With cookie cutter houses like in that area, there usually needs to be something outstanding to offer a resident to attract them. You can PM me the listing, if you'd like my personal opinion. It's worth what it cost you! :)
Rental Property Investor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2014 · 47 posts · 10 votes
5y
I just started using RedOak, their older school, no online portal. But only manage 100 units. My experience with the bigger companies is they all charge the first month’s rent for a placement fee. That kills a lot of cash flow. Additionally they charge 10% for maintenance calls as if their a GC. Adds up when you need to turn a unit. Also watch out for the clause that requires you pay the management 6% of sale price if you sell it whether occupied or not because all the property management teams are also licensed real estate agents. I’m know one company who is suing a owner because they sold while in management.