RAMP/ERA Program in Mississippi

RAMP/ERA Program in Mississippi

Investor · Olive Branch, MS · Member since 2016 · 20 posts · 18 votes

Has anyone applied for funds through the Rental Assistance Program in Mississippi?  Do you know if any of the funds have been disbursed at this point, or what the time line might be.

15Reply
28,341 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2021 · 17 posts · 23 votes
5y
Originally posted by @Account Closed:
Originally posted by @Khadiya Neketria Lee Smith:

I applied 6 weeks ago and haven’t received any funds. The online portal is suppose to help you track the status of your application, but mines still say application submitted after 6 weeks. I tried calling the toll free number and speaking to someone directly. They’re not disclosing any information. Just telling you to use the portal to monitor your application. 

 I applied for a tenant my app is now saying application pending approval is that a good sign 

 Yes! By tomorrow the application should say “Application in QC review”. My QC review took two days before the status was changed to “Application Approved”. 

See this reply in the discussion

2057 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    @Nyna Davis my tenant applied aug 11 for recertification and it’s still in review. 

  • Member since 2021 · 135 posts · 15 votes
    4y

    @Jewelry Whetstone omg hope it doesn’t take that long, i really Need the help because i lost My job that’s the only reason i applied

  • Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    @Nyna Davis I’m sorry to hear that. I pray everything works out for you soon. This whole process seems to go on forever. 

  • Member since 2021 · 135 posts · 15 votes
    4y

     @Jewelry Whetstone it really does i thought I was About to be caught up on rent like Iam for utilities 

  • Member since 2021 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    4y
  • Member since 2021 · 18 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    I see there's no certain time of day for status updates. Mine just switched from batched to paid literally while I was checking out thread post. Its been on batch for about a week. I applied 05/15/21

  • Member since 2021 · 35 posts · 3 votes
    4y

    Good Morning! I have a quick question! Do RAMP send utilities checks to the company or do they come to us to pay the bill?

  • Member since 2021 · 135 posts · 15 votes
    4y

    @Theresa Thomas they sent mine directly to the company 

  • Member since 2021 · 135 posts · 15 votes
    4y

    Finally got someone on the phone after 30 mins holding. They told me why i only got 1 month payment BUT they did say my recertification is under review already(hopefully that’s true). 

  • Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    tenant status says batched but my landlord status says paid what do that mean

  • Member since 2021 · 45 posts · 9 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Nyna Davis:

    Hey. Sorry you didn't get the assistance you needed. Maybe you can provide more information and they can assistance you soon. Mines haven't even moved and it has been five weeks. How long did it take yours to move?

  • Member since 2021 · 23 posts · 3 votes
    4y
  • Member since 2021 · 23 posts · 3 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    They paid my rent today. The Ramp portal still says batch but my apartment portal has been updated. 

    Hey! How long was your status on batched before your portal was updated?

  • Member since 2021 · 135 posts · 15 votes
    4y

    @Arica Rogers it means the funds are being sent it could take 10days 

  • Member since 2021 · 23 posts · 3 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Nyna Davis:

    @Arica Rogers it means the funds are being sent it could take 10days 

     Ok thank you

  • Member since 2021 · 21 posts · 9 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Frankie Hilburn:

    My payment schedule says processed as of today but status says processing still. I wonder if they deposit on fridays?Mondays? Any specific date? Anyone compare ?

     My payment deposited on a Friday 

  • Member since 2021 · 21 posts · 9 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Nyna Davis:

    My utility part shows payment processed but i didn’t get an email & it’s not showing on my account for my lights

     Mine showed the same and I received a check later in the mail in my name for them

  • Member since 2021 · 46 posts · 3 votes
    4y

    Does anyone know how long it stays in batched?

  • Member since 2021 · 18 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    From what I gathered reading other posts seems like just about everyone's applications process is different. Mine stayed on batched for about a week before changing to application has been paid but I still haven't received any funds. It's been 5 days since it changed.

  • Member since 2021 · 46 posts · 3 votes
    4y

    ok thanks..mine just turned to batch yesterday

  • Member since 2021 · 40 posts · 5 votes
    4y

    Can someone please give me their time line from submission to payment? I just applied yesterday. My landlord will opt-out of payments. And my app should qualify for priority. 

  • Member since 2021 · 48 posts · 7 votes
    4y

    @Dee Murry 

    I applied on May 30 and uploaded everything needed from the start. My landlord also did not want to participate. I wrote a letter stating this and had them sign it, uploading this with the ACH form found on the landlords paperwork area of the RAMP website. 
    It took 3 months to go to approved and both my husband and I were unemployed with only unemployment payments for myself, he did not qualify for unemployment. That in itself should have made us a priority. It seems some applications move quickly while others do not. 
    I did receive messages through the portal which I checked daily.

    I went from “application received” to “processing” to “approved” for 2 months before I saw the timeline of payments on my Acct. At first it had my landlords name in front of payment amounts but after a few weeks it changed to a blank space. In that timeline the payments to the power company also showed up but did not get paid for almost 3 weeks afterward. I had to call to let them know I had applied for assistance so they would not disconnect. Fortunately the RAMP program had sent a pledge for the total amount.

    It took about a month total for “approved” status to be “paid” and receive the funds in my bank acct. 

    I did receive back payments for rent and one future payment before I was asked to upload a recertification application. That will also show up on your Acct on RAMP web portal after payment has turned to PAID. 

    The recertification process is no faster. I applied immediately after first application when they added the form on my Acct in August. I am now a month behind because they approved me for 3 more months but only released funds for one. That was September and I received funds for that in October. So here I wait for answers. 
    They did pay my power bill again, but did not notice the date or disconnect notice so once again I had to call the power company to ask for an extension. Please keep up with who you spoke to! Write everything down, names, dates, and times. I have called and spoke to so many reps from the RAMP program and they all have different answers. Also, once they message you on your Acct in the portal you can then send messages to them! This also helps get answers to questions. Check your email regularly. I never received any emails from them nor phone calls,  I only had communication through the RAMP portal besides the phone calls that I made, and then they only took my information and forwarded that to a manager.

    I wish you luck, and I’ll pray for you! It’s a long process, but it will be paid.   If I can help with any questions just “@Stephanie Langley”  me and I’ll do my best to answer them.

  • Member since 2021 · 18 posts · 0 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Candice Edwards:

    ok thanks..mine just turned to batch yesterday

    Seems as if things are moving a little faster now. My application stayed on batched for about 2 weeks then to application has been paid for about a week. I received payment by check via postal service yesterday. So hold on a little while longer its coming.

  • Member since 2021 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    Application submitted 9/8..

    Past due rent  and future rent

    Application under review 10/2

    submitted lease and statement from landlord not participating 10/4.

    Application still under review 

  • Member since 2021 · 46 posts · 3 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Willie Gary:
    Originally posted by @Candice Edwards:

    ok thanks..mine just turned to batch yesterday

    Seems as if things are moving a little faster now. My application stayed on batched for about 2 weeks then to application has been paid for about a week. I received payment by check via postal service yesterday. So hold on a little while longer its coming.

    i heard some people say that it stays in batched for about 2 days then it will be come in the mail or in direct deposit after that.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.