RAMP/ERA Program in Mississippi

RAMP/ERA Program in Mississippi

Investor · Olive Branch, MS · Member since 2016 · 20 posts · 18 votes

Has anyone applied for funds through the Rental Assistance Program in Mississippi?  Do you know if any of the funds have been disbursed at this point, or what the time line might be.

15Reply
28,578 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2021 · 17 posts · 23 votes
5y
Originally posted by @Account Closed:
Originally posted by @Khadiya Neketria Lee Smith:

I applied 6 weeks ago and haven’t received any funds. The online portal is suppose to help you track the status of your application, but mines still say application submitted after 6 weeks. I tried calling the toll free number and speaking to someone directly. They’re not disclosing any information. Just telling you to use the portal to monitor your application. 

 I applied for a tenant my app is now saying application pending approval is that a good sign 

 Yes! By tomorrow the application should say “Application in QC review”. My QC review took two days before the status was changed to “Application Approved”. 

See this reply in the discussion

2057 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2021 · 18 posts · 0 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Candice Edwards:
    Originally posted by @Willie Gary:
    Originally posted by @Candice Edwards:

    ok thanks..mine just turned to batch yesterday

    Seems as if things are moving a little faster now. My application stayed on batched for about 2 weeks then to application has been paid for about a week. I received payment by check via postal service yesterday. So hold on a little while longer its coming.

    i heard some people say that it stays in batched for about 2 days then it will be come in the mail or in direct deposit after that.

     I have read some posts saying the same. I'm so hoping it happens for you to. Looks as though no one's situation seems to be the same. So many of us need this relief. I'm praying for all.

  • Member since 2021 · 46 posts · 3 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Willie Gary:
    Originally posted by @Candice Edwards:
    Originally posted by @Willie Gary:
    Originally posted by @Candice Edwards:

    ok thanks..mine just turned to batch yesterday

    Seems as if things are moving a little faster now. My application stayed on batched for about 2 weeks then to application has been paid for about a week. I received payment by check via postal service yesterday. So hold on a little while longer its coming.

     thanks and i hope the same for you

    i heard some people say that it stays in batched for about 2 days then it will be come in the mail or in direct deposit after that.

     I have read some posts saying the same. I'm so hoping it happens for you to. Looks as though no one's situation seems to be the same. So many of us need this relief. I'm praying for all.

  • Member since 2021 · 19 posts · 1 vote
    4y
    How did they figure out who the checks belong to? In this situation now

    Originally posted by @Nyna Davis:

    @Kayla C Greene my utilities were paid the next day when my status switched to Batched, I’m still waiting on my rent to be posted my landlord has the deposit (i think) but she doesn’t know who the money is for Ramp didn’t send her that information yet just money .

  • Member since 2021 · 19 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    How do you know if payment was sent to you or your landlord?

  • Member since 2021 · 135 posts · 15 votes
    4y

    @Danielle Robinson honestly I’m not sure my portal only showed 1 month. I’m guessing that’s how she figured it out

  • Member since 2021 · 19 posts · 1 vote
    4y
    Did your account say your name or landlord’s on it next to payment even though you received it through the mail? 

    Originally posted by @Candice Edwards:
    Originally posted by @Willie Gary:
    Originally posted by @Candice Edwards:

    ok thanks..mine just turned to batch yesterday

    Seems as if things are moving a little faster now. My application stayed on batched for about 2 weeks then to application has been paid for about a week. I received payment by check via postal service yesterday. So hold on a little while longer its coming.

    i heard some people say that it stays in batched for about 2 days then it will be come in the mail or in direct deposit after that.

  • Member since 2021 · 46 posts · 3 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Danielle Robinson:
    Did your account say your name or landlord’s on it next to payment even though you received it through the mail? 

    Originally posted by @Candice Edwards:
    Originally posted by @Willie Gary:
    Originally posted by @Candice Edwards:

    ok thanks..mine just turned to batch yesterday

    Seems as if things are moving a little faster now. My application stayed on batched for about 2 weeks then to application has been paid for about a week. I received payment by check via postal service yesterday. So hold on a little while longer its coming.

    i heard some people say that it stays in batched for about 2 days then it will be come in the mail or in direct deposit after that.

    It has my landlords name by it

  • Member since 2021 · 135 posts · 15 votes
    4y

    It said my landlord name the payment went directly to them not me

  • Member since 2021 · 46 posts · 3 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Danielle Robinson:
    Did your account say your name or landlord’s on it next to payment even though you received it through the mail? 

    Originally posted by @Candice Edwards:
    Originally posted by @Willie Gary:
    Originally posted by @Candice Edwards:

    ok thanks..mine just turned to batch yesterday

    Seems as if things are moving a little faster now. My application stayed on batched for about 2 weeks then to application has been paid for about a week. I received payment by check via postal service yesterday. So hold on a little while longer its coming.

    i heard some people say that it stays in batched for about 2 days then it will be come in the mail or in direct deposit after that.

     Oh and I never received anything in the mail..im still waiting on it to be paid. Its been saying batched since Friday the 15th 

  • Member since 2021 · 135 posts · 15 votes
    4y

    It should be paid soon mine was paid the next day for utilities I’m not sure the day my landlord got payment 

  • Member since 2021 · 19 posts · 1 vote
    4y
    n your account next to processed payment did it have your name or the landlord’s?

    Originally posted by @Christy L Bennett:

    Just a quick update...I went to batched on Monday and today i received 2 checks via usps...I got 1 for my utilities(which surprised me as I assumed it was being sent directly to the utility co) amd 1 check for 3 months rent...I originally applied on Aug 20th so that gives you a little time frame..admittedly they didn't touch my app tho until I called when I had a cut off notice on Sept 20th for my utilities...

  • Member since 2021 · 1 post · 1 vote
    4y

    Mine is still saying submitted. It's been that way for a whole month. Is that the way it operates. 

  • Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    Has anybody reapplied and heard something back?

  • Member since 2021 · 45 posts · 9 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Nyna Davis:

    Hello. How long did yours stay in application under review?

  • Member since 2021 · 26 posts · 3 votes
    4y

    @Stephanie Langley I Did My Recertification Back In September and it’s been in review until now it’s says re-certification payment processing what does that mean 

  • Member since 2021 · 135 posts · 15 votes
    4y

    @Nichole Townsend mine was under review for about 2weeks 

  • Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Elaysha Maxwell:

    @Stephanie Langley I Did My Recertification Back In September and it’s been in review until now it’s says re-certification payment processing what does that mean 

    What all did you have to do? I sent the recertification through email and uploaded it on my documents. I haven t heard anything yet. 

  • Member since 2021 · 40 posts · 5 votes
    4y

    Ok so today I called. It didn’t take long at all to speak with someone. I selected the option that said something about a disconnect notice. So the agent said the process is about 30-45 days, of course she wasn’t in that department. She then stated she was sending my info over because I did have the disconnect notice, I still paid it. So from there it still is 30-45 days. I asked I’m supposed to go with out lights that long 🥴. Her response “Unfortunately yes”. 

    This is tragic that it takes that long to process anything when stuff can be done with a push of a button. 

    Oh I just applied 10/14. I just needed answers on how long the process is. 

  • Member since 2021 · 26 posts · 3 votes
    4y

    @Whitney Storey I just submitted my application again nothing was needed from my first Application 

  • Member since 2021 · 48 posts · 7 votes
    4y

    @Elaysha Maxwell it means your recert was approved and payment will begin. It should show your payment schedule in the next week or so! Did your landlord participate or not? If so then they will receive funds for rent. If not, you should be receiving like the first time. The payment schedule will show how much and if you had utilities that will show payment as well. 
    Recertification shouldn’t take as long as the initial app, but I guess we will see how long it takes for you to receive payment.

    Congratulations ♥️

  • Member since 2021 · 26 posts · 3 votes
    4y

    @Stephanie Langley Thanks love and it goes to my landlord do you think I should inform her or does she already know from the first time around 

  • Member since 2021 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    @Stephanie Langley how long were you process...my landlord didn't want to participate 

  • Member since 2021 · 48 posts · 7 votes
    4y

    @Wydeisha Jones

    The initial app I submitted was on 4/30, paid out 3 months later. I was given 4 months back rent and one month future. My power bill was also paid, but it took almost 3 weeks more.

    I submitted recertification in August. Was approved for 3 more months, but only received one months payment for September. But that wasn’t paid to me until this month (October) so now I’m behind again.

    The process is slow and the reps do not have answers or all answers are different.

    Praying for you!

  • Member since 2021 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    Thanks 

  • Member since 2021 · 48 posts · 7 votes
    4y

    @Elaysha Maxwell 

    I would say something to her to be on the lookout for your future payments, just in case she isn’t informed by them. Gotta CYA! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.