RAMP/ERA Program in Mississippi

RAMP/ERA Program in Mississippi

Investor · Olive Branch, MS · Member since 2016 · 20 posts · 18 votes

Has anyone applied for funds through the Rental Assistance Program in Mississippi?  Do you know if any of the funds have been disbursed at this point, or what the time line might be.

15Reply
27,652 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2021 · 17 posts · 23 votes
5y
Originally posted by @Account Closed:
Originally posted by @Khadiya Neketria Lee Smith:

I applied 6 weeks ago and haven’t received any funds. The online portal is suppose to help you track the status of your application, but mines still say application submitted after 6 weeks. I tried calling the toll free number and speaking to someone directly. They’re not disclosing any information. Just telling you to use the portal to monitor your application. 

 I applied for a tenant my app is now saying application pending approval is that a good sign 

 Yes! By tomorrow the application should say “Application in QC review”. My QC review took two days before the status was changed to “Application Approved”. 

See this reply in the discussion

2057 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2021 · 19 posts · 1 vote
    4y
    Originally posted by @Ferial Alfarran:
    Originally posted by @Ashaki Falkner:
    Originally posted by @Ferial Alfarran:
    Originally posted by @Ashaki Falkner:
    Originally posted by @Ferial Alfarran:
    Originally posted by @Ashaki Falkner:

    It has been this way for a week today, my light bill now says processed as well… ms home corp said I had a batched date of 12/15 but I never saw it on my end… they say give it 7-14 days for a paper check to arrive… anyone else experienced this? Any good news? 

    Ms home corp told me to wait until 12/24 for the check since my batch date was 12/10.... I'm waiting still too  

     Mine just updated to batched tonight… 

     You should get it soon then!!! Mine said batched on 12/10 it shows the check being delivered tomorrow thank goodness. All the call center people told me absolutely wrong. this is my first go around with it so I wasn't sure how it would go. I first applied on 10/24. 

    How long was the wait for your check?

     So I got a batch date on 12/10 I got the check on 12/21 by mail

     What part of ms are you located in? 

  • Member since 2021 · 76 posts · 14 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Ashaki Falkner:
    Originally posted by @Ferial Alfarran:
    Originally posted by @Ashaki Falkner:
    Originally posted by @Ferial Alfarran:
    Originally posted by @Ashaki Falkner:
    Originally posted by @Ferial Alfarran:
    Originally posted by @Ashaki Falkner:

    It has been this way for a week today, my light bill now says processed as well… ms home corp said I had a batched date of 12/15 but I never saw it on my end… they say give it 7-14 days for a paper check to arrive… anyone else experienced this? Any good news? 

    Ms home corp told me to wait until 12/24 for the check since my batch date was 12/10.... I'm waiting still too  

     Mine just updated to batched tonight… 

     You should get it soon then!!! Mine said batched on 12/10 it shows the check being delivered tomorrow thank goodness. All the call center people told me absolutely wrong. this is my first go around with it so I wasn't sure how it would go. I first applied on 10/24. 

    How long was the wait for your check?

     So I got a batch date on 12/10 I got the check on 12/21 by mail

     What part of ms are you located in? 

     Hattiesburg, hbu?

  • Member since 2021 · 40 posts · 5 votes
    4y

    Ok so FINALLY my option to recertification popped up! BUT when they sent the rental check it was for the 5 months past due (Aug to Dec) PLUS enough for the next 3 months. On the space that asks Enter starting month: Do I put April??

  • Member since 2021 · 76 posts · 14 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Dee Murry:

    Ok so FINALLY my option to recertification popped up! BUT when they sent the rental check it was for the 5 months past due (Aug to Dec) PLUS enough for the next 3 months. On the space that asks Enter starting month: Do I put April??

     yes I would start with April. If you're covered until March. My lady was only able to do oct - dec & jan - march separately. I want to recertify just don't know when it'll pop up? 

  • Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Ferial Alfarran:
    Originally posted by @Dee Murry:

    Ok so FINALLY my option to recertification popped up! BUT when they sent the rental check it was for the 5 months past due (Aug to Dec) PLUS enough for the next 3 months. On the space that asks Enter starting month: Do I put April??

     yes I would start with April. If you're covered until March. My lady was only able to do oct - dec & jan - march separately. I want to recertify just don't know when it'll pop up? 

     Mine popped up after my status changed to paid .

  • Member since 2021 · 76 posts · 14 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Stephanie Scarborough:
    Originally posted by @Ferial Alfarran:
    Originally posted by @Dee Murry:

    Ok so FINALLY my option to recertification popped up! BUT when they sent the rental check it was for the 5 months past due (Aug to Dec) PLUS enough for the next 3 months. On the space that asks Enter starting month: Do I put April??

     yes I would start with April. If you're covered until March. My lady was only able to do oct - dec & jan - march separately. I want to recertify just don't know when it'll pop up? 

     Mine popped up after my status changed to paid . 

     Was it close to when your paid months ended or not? 

  • Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    I know goverment assistace can be slow . Especially in MS , just be patient . I'm sure our reviewers are just as annoying as us . It sounded like a lady @ the call centerwas crying when I called , I do feel bad for them . The hold time is long , but remember , they are talking to rude people probably all day . I bet it is exhausting ...

  • Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Ferial Alfarran:
    Originally posted by @Stephanie Scarborough:
    Originally posted by @Ferial Alfarran:
    Originally posted by @Dee Murry:

    Ok so FINALLY my option to recertification popped up! BUT when they sent the rental check it was for the 5 months past due (Aug to Dec) PLUS enough for the next 3 months. On the space that asks Enter starting month: Do I put April??

     yes I would start with April. If you're covered until March. My lady was only able to do oct - dec & jan - march separately. I want to recertify just don't know when it'll pop up? 

     Mine popped up after my status changed to paid . 

     Was it close to when your paid months ended or not? 

    I was approved until January . I applied in September . I recertified to March , still says mine is paid so I am waiting for recertif reviewer to go over it ... 

  • Member since 2021 · 76 posts · 14 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Stephanie Scarborough:

    I know goverment assistace can be slow . Especially in MS , just be patient . I'm sure our reviewers are just as annoying as us . It sounded like a lady @ the call centerwas crying when I called , I do feel bad for them . The hold time is long , but remember , they are talking to rude people probably all day . I bet it is exhausting ...

     I understand that. All I was wanting to know is when the recertification tab popped up on your account. That's all 

  • Member since 2021 · 76 posts · 14 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Stephanie Scarborough:
    Originally posted by @Ferial Alfarran:
    Originally posted by @Stephanie Scarborough:
    Originally posted by @Ferial Alfarran:
    Originally posted by @Dee Murry:

    Ok so FINALLY my option to recertification popped up! BUT when they sent the rental check it was for the 5 months past due (Aug to Dec) PLUS enough for the next 3 months. On the space that asks Enter starting month: Do I put April??

     yes I would start with April. If you're covered until March. My lady was only able to do oct - dec & jan - march separately. I want to recertify just don't know when it'll pop up? 

     Mine popped up after my status changed to paid . 

     Was it close to when your paid months ended or not? 

    I was approved until January . I applied in September . I recertified to March , still says mine is paid so I am waiting for recertif reviewer to go over it ... 

    ok  

  • Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Ferial Alfarran:
    Originally posted by @Stephanie Scarborough:

    I know goverment assistace can be slow . Especially in MS , just be patient . I'm sure our reviewers are just as annoying as us . It sounded like a lady @ the call centerwas crying when I called , I do feel bad for them . The hold time is long , but remember , they are talking to rude people probably all day . I bet it is exhausting ...

     I understand that. All I was wanting to know is when the recertification tab popped up on your account. That's all 

    Oh no , I am sorry I wasnt meaning to direct this to you .. Just in general 

  • Member since 2021 · 76 posts · 14 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Stephanie Scarborough:
    Originally posted by @Ferial Alfarran:
    Originally posted by @Stephanie Scarborough:

    I know goverment assistace can be slow . Especially in MS , just be patient . I'm sure our reviewers are just as annoying as us . It sounded like a lady @ the call centerwas crying when I called , I do feel bad for them . The hold time is long , but remember , they are talking to rude people probably all day . I bet it is exhausting ...

     I understand that. All I was wanting to know is when the recertification tab popped up on your account. That's all 

    Oh no , I am sorry I wasnt meaning to direct this to you .. Just in general 

      Gotcha gotcha lol no worries 

  • Member since 2021 · 23 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    I just applied 12/22....Based on everyone's posts I see I have a long waiting process 😩

  • Member since 2021 · 35 posts · 10 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Daniella Taylor:

    They deposited 1 penny yesterday afternoon but that was it... im just wondering how long after it says batched for it to show up in acct

     Took my landlord two days after that penny deposit

  • Member since 2021 · 35 posts · 10 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Calli Owens:
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    For anyone whose already been approved and received payment for future months, it a second check to wait on or do they send it in one lump sum for rent? 

     It’s two separate amounts but mine were sent at the same time 

     Is this for the Recertification? I have recertified and been approved. My application says application has been paid. How long after that should my landlord receive payment

  • Member since 2021 · 76 posts · 14 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Tasha Mac:

    I just applied 12/22....Based on everyone's posts I see I have a long waiting process 😩

     Yeah, I applied 10/24/2021 & got assigned a processor on 12/07/2021.. it is a long process but hang in there girl 

  • Member since 2021 · 23 posts · 2 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Ferial Alfarran:
    Originally posted by @Tasha Mac:

    I just applied 12/22....Based on everyone's posts I see I have a long waiting process 😩

     Yeah, I applied 10/24/2021 & got assigned a processor on 12/07/2021.. it is a long process but hang in there girl 

  • Member since 2021 · 23 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    As you can see I'm new to this. I'm going to try to hang in there Ferial. So basically there's no point of checking the processor daily 🤦‍♀️

  • Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    Am getting tired too I finally talk with someone today and she said she sent a request for them to look at my stuff am just trying to stay patient.  But I hope everyone gey theirs paid soon. 

  • Member since 2021 · 40 posts · 5 votes
    4y

    @Ferial Alfarran I received the check on 12/18. My status changed to paid today. There still has been no payments to my utility companies. The recertification box popped up today (12/29).

  • Member since 2021 · 76 posts · 14 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Tasha Mac:

    As you can see I'm new to this. I'm going to try to hang in there Ferial. So basically there's no point of checking the processor daily 🤦‍♀️

    Well, I would check the online portal every day just in case because when I got my first response I wasn't notified because the email went to spam. Like it notified me "your processor sent you an email in your portal" and I wouldn't have known if I didn't check the portal because it went to my spam. I only realized because I was checking the portal everyday for an update. I read others missed the email too and it went to their spam and their processor was waiting for weeks for a response to finish the application and issue payment. 

  • Member since 2021 · 76 posts · 14 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Dee Murry:

    @Ferial Alfarran I received the check on 12/18. My status changed to paid today. There still has been no payments to my utility companies. The recertification box popped up today (12/29).

    That's interesting... my statuses all say "processing" yeah my utilities haven't been paid either. Not sure how they do that process but I was told it's handled by a different department?? Not sure 

  • Member since 2021 · 23 posts · 2 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Ferial Alfarran:
    Originally posted by @Tasha Mac:

    As you can see I'm new to this. I'm going to try to hang in there Ferial. So basically there's no point of checking the processor daily 🤦‍♀️

    Well, I would check the online portal every day just in case because when I got my first response I wasn't notified because the email went to spam. Like it notified me "your processor sent you an email in your portal" and I wouldn't have known if I didn't check the portal because it went to my spam. I only realized because I was checking the portal everyday for an update. I read others missed the email too and it went to their spam and their processor was waiting for weeks for a response to finish the application and issue payment. 

    Ok Thanks for that info!

  • Member since 2021 · 76 posts · 14 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Tasha Mac:
    Originally posted by @Ferial Alfarran:
    Originally posted by @Tasha Mac:

    As you can see I'm new to this. I'm going to try to hang in there Ferial. So basically there's no point of checking the processor daily 🤦‍♀️

    Well, I would check the online portal every day just in case because when I got my first response I wasn't notified because the email went to spam. Like it notified me "your processor sent you an email in your portal" and I wouldn't have known if I didn't check the portal because it went to my spam. I only realized because I was checking the portal everyday for an update. I read others missed the email too and it went to their spam and their processor was waiting for weeks for a response to finish the application and issue payment. 

    Ok Thanks for that info!

    Absolutely!!! 

  • Member since 2021 · 61 posts · 6 votes
    4y

    How long do you normally stay in batched? 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.