RAMP/ERA Program in Mississippi

RAMP/ERA Program in Mississippi

Investor · Olive Branch, MS · Member since 2016 · 20 posts · 18 votes

Has anyone applied for funds through the Rental Assistance Program in Mississippi?  Do you know if any of the funds have been disbursed at this point, or what the time line might be.

15Reply
27,283 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2021 · 17 posts · 23 votes
5y
Originally posted by @Account Closed:
Originally posted by @Khadiya Neketria Lee Smith:

I applied 6 weeks ago and haven’t received any funds. The online portal is suppose to help you track the status of your application, but mines still say application submitted after 6 weeks. I tried calling the toll free number and speaking to someone directly. They’re not disclosing any information. Just telling you to use the portal to monitor your application. 

 I applied for a tenant my app is now saying application pending approval is that a good sign 

 Yes! By tomorrow the application should say “Application in QC review”. My QC review took two days before the status was changed to “Application Approved”. 

See this reply in the discussion

2057 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2021 · 27 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    @Janelle Rusjing I have been in batched status since 12/09/2021. I have landlord information, amounts and payment says processed. Still no movement i have been checking weekly on the portal. I called my landlord before Christmas and payment had not been received it. Hopefully someone will reach out soon if funds have been sent. 

    How long have you been in batched status?

  • Member since 2021 · 61 posts · 6 votes
    4y

    @Shanika Sade McDonald I have only been batched since this past Wednesday/Thursday. My landlord had to send in additional documents to complete processing, although my application was PAID before it went back to under review. (Never actually paid) Now it’s batched and before it never went to batched and if so I can’t remember. 

    No situation is typical, I’ve heard people go from batched to application all within a week. 

  • Member since 2021 · 27 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    @Janelle Rusjing I totally agree. It’s like they are going backwards instead of forward. I hope everything works out for you.

  • Member since 2021 · 61 posts · 6 votes
    4y

    @Shanika Sade McDonald Thank you! Best wishes to you as well!! 

  • Member since 2021 · 19 posts · 1 vote
    4y
    Is the check for recertification the same as the first payment? From bill.com?
    Originally posted by @Nyna Davis:

    @DeMarquita A Brown that’s great! it took a little over a week after that step for me!

  • Member since 2021 · 27 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    @Janelle Rusjing I emailed the Mississippi home corporation last night and they emailed me back this morning around 7:54am stating i was approved and check was sent to my LL on 12/15/21. I hope this is the case. 

  • Member since 2021 · 19 posts · 1 vote
    4y
    did the landlord get the check yet?
    Originally posted by @Shanika Sade McDonald:

    @Janelle Rusjing I emailed the Mississippi home corporation last night and they emailed me back this morning around 7:54am stating i was approved and check was sent to my LL on 12/15/21. I hope this is the case. 

  • Member since 2021 · 61 posts · 6 votes
    4y

    @Shanika Sade McDonald That’s awesome news!! They sent your Landlord a check? I thought they only paid Landlord’s via DD, either way it’s a good way to start the new year! Congrats!! 

  • Member since 2021 · 27 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    @Janelle Rusjing I’m sure  it was sent DD but yes it’s truly a blessing! I pray it moves quickly for everyone else.

  • Member since 2022 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    Yes. I've had two of my tenants become funded it took approx 4 1/2 weeks.

  • Member since 2021 · 27 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    @Chandra Bailey after it said processed and batch status you were funded for your tenants?

  • Member since 2022 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    Yes mamm after the processed stage which took 8 days it finally reached batched once batched within 24 to 48 hrs funds are deposited

  • Member since 2021 · 27 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    @Chandra Bailey ok great I hope my funds are there. Im going to check with my landlord in the morning. Thank you for your response.

  • Investor · Jackson, MS · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 769 votes
    4y

    Landlord here. My tenants on RAMP are now four months behind in the rent and RAMP won't tell me anything. I talked to my tenant's today and told them they need to start looking for another place because even if they were to get a permanent voucher they would only be approved for one or two bedrooms they are living in a four bedroom house and there is just the two of them. I hate to evict them because this is not their fault. He got Covid last year and has been disabled every since but I can't keep forgoing rent on that house and once the federal funds dry up they will have to leave anyhow. Even if he get Social Security disability it isn't going to cover the rent. 

  • Member since 2021 · 19 posts · 11 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Ferial Alfarran:
    Originally posted by @Stephanie Scarborough:
    Originally posted by @Ferial Alfarran:
    Originally posted by @Stephanie Scarborough:
    Originally posted by @Ferial Alfarran:
    Originally posted by @Dee Murry:

    Ok so FINALLY my option to recertification popped up! BUT when they sent the rental check it was for the 5 months past due (Aug to Dec) PLUS enough for the next 3 months. On the space that asks Enter starting month: Do I put April??

     yes I would start with April. If you're covered until March. My lady was only able to do oct - dec & jan - march separately. I want to recertify just don't know when it'll pop up? 

     Mine popped up after my status changed to paid . 

     Was it close to when your paid months ended or not? 

    I was approved until January . I applied in September . I recertified to March , still says mine is paid so I am waiting for recertif reviewer to go over it ... 

    ok  

     How long did you wait until.your recertification was paid I've been waiting months

  • Member since 2021 · 27 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    @Account Closed this was my initial application. it took around 2 and half months before being approved

  • Member since 2021 · 19 posts · 11 votes
    4y

    OK its taking entirely too long I understand a wait time but 2,3,4 months is ridiculous

  • Member since 2021 · 64 posts · 6 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:
    Originally posted by @Ferial Alfarran:
    Originally posted by @Stephanie Scarborough:
    Originally posted by @Ferial Alfarran:
    Originally posted by @Stephanie Scarborough:
    Originally posted by @Ferial Alfarran:
    Originally posted by @Dee Murry:

    Ok so FINALLY my option to recertification popped up! BUT when they sent the rental check it was for the 5 months past due (Aug to Dec) PLUS enough for the next 3 months. On the space that asks Enter starting month: Do I put April??

     yes I would start with April. If you're covered until March. My lady was only able to do oct - dec & jan - march separately. I want to recertify just don't know when it'll pop up? 

     Mine popped up after my status changed to paid . 

     Was it close to when your paid months ended or not? 

    I was approved until January . I applied in September . I recertified to March , still says mine is paid so I am waiting for recertif reviewer to go over it ... 

    ok  

     How long did you wait until.your recertification was paid I've been waiting months

     I have been waiting for months as well and no response on the portal.  Call the line given the info that recerts have no time frame.  So I'm wondering how these other recerts are getting assistance too.  I've emailed Ms home Corp 6 times and not one response.  Even emailed Reeves office who said they would contact them but no answers. 

  • Member since 2021 · 64 posts · 6 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    OK its taking entirely too long I understand a wait time but 2,3,4 months is ridiculous

     Right

  • Member since 2021 · 27 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    @Account Closed this was my initial application. it took around 2 and half months before being approved

  • Member since 2021 · 64 posts · 6 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Shanika Sade McDonald:

    @Account Closed this was my initial application. it took around 2 and half months before being approved

     That was too long

  • Member since 2021 · 27 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    @Account Closed I agree! Still do not know if the check was really sent haven’t been able to get in touch with my landlord. They didn’t even send a email stating I was approved (ramp). I emailed  MHC and they responded and said I was approved. I submitted my application on 10/02/2021

  • Member since 2021 · 40 posts · 5 votes
    4y

    So my portal went from application Paid to BATCHED. Is this part of the recertification process?? 

  • Member since 2021 · 71 posts · 8 votes
    4y

    I'm still waiting on my recert but they did email me and told me I was approved I'm also in batched waiting on the checks I did mine in Oct as well

  • Member since 2021 · 27 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    @Larry Crews is the check coming directly to you or your landlord? They are moving rather slow on responding or updating the portal. I hope you find out soon if payment has been sent.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.