Looking to invest in Huntsville, AL

15 Replies

Hello, BiggerPockets Community!

My name is Eryka- I am a fundraising professional in California; my boyfriend and I are looking to invest in Huntsville, AL. We have a trip booked in May to visit and would love to connect with investors, agents, and property managers to find people to work with and alongside.

Are there any property managers that you’ve had a good experience with, who work well with out of state investors?

In terms of investing, we are looking for buy and hold & BRRRR investment opportunities.

We’re planning on spending a few days in Huntsville checking out properties and neighborhoods to get a better understanding of the environment. Any investor friendly agents other investors recommend? We’d also love the opportunity to take some local investors out to coffee/lunch and talk real estate.

Thanks! Look forward to hearing your insight and feedback!

Hi @Eryka Santoyo !

I am a fellow out of state investor and can definitely recommend my PM and my realtor! I have been using my PM for the past 8 months and I am happy with them as of now.

pm me if you have any question and I would be happy to help.

-Gorden

@Eryka Santoyo

I am a local investor.  I personally do my own property management however I do know of some property managers in the area.  I know of some good local realtors here as well.

-Tim

I do not have any recommendations except for a local title company we love - North Alabama Title. I am curious how the word is getting out about Huntsville -Is it podcasts, advertisements, research, companies that are moving here or something else? We have noticed so many more out of town investors. I just wondered how y'all found out about our growing city?

@Gorden Lopes

@Kiley N.

@Tim White

Thank you all so much for your quick responses. I PM'ed you and look forward to chatting further. Thanks again!

@Rebecca Pullen

Thanks for the recommendation- I will definitely look into them! In terms of how I found out about Huntsville, my boyfriend works in the aerospace industry and has heard about the growth of the city. We are looking forward to visiting!

Well that makes sense since you are in California. I'd love to connect. I love to talk about real estate and I've been local  to the Huntsville area since I was a teenager.

@Rebecca Pullen ,

I started by looking at turnkey properties in Birmingham and as I was sharing my new found interest in real estate investing with my friends, one friend mentioned that his cousin works in Huntsville and that his cousin loves that city! :) Thats how I got interested in the rocket city and after I visited Huntsville I totally agree with my friends cousin! :)

This was almost a year and half back! 

I totally agree with you that the interest in Huntsville has just spiked! So much so that we have a Out of state huntsville investors google group just in San Francisco/Bay Area California! 

This post has been removed.

@Edwin L.

Yes, we have a group for bay area investors who are currently investing in Hunstville. Dm me and I can add you to that group

@Gorden Lopes Hi Gorden, would mind adding me to the SF Bay Area out-of-state investors group as well?  I'm also in the Bay Area and would be very interested in meeting other locals with the same interest.  I've already sent you a DM.  Look forward in connecting!

@Rebecca Pullen I first heard of Huntsville when I doing research on Birmingham and Montgomery.  Huntsville began to grab my attention when I then saw it being mentioned on the BP forums and where one local of the metro area had recommended Huntsville over Montgomery and Birmingham.  Being from the Silicon Valley area of California, the STEM industries in Huntsville seemed more familiar so I naturally gravitated towards it.

I'm also looking for any referrals on property managers, as well as real estate agents.  Thanks!

Originally posted by @Gorden Lopes :

@Edwin L.

Yes, we have a group for bay area investors who are currently investing in Hunstville. Dm me and I can add you to that group

I'd like to be added to the group as well! My fiance @Phillip Arowosegbe and I are often in the Bay Area; and are currently in Huntsville checking out the market in person. We're very interested in connecting with other investors, and would be interested in joining the next group meeting if our schedule allows. 

Hi @Gorden Lopes ,
I am OOS investor and zeroed in on Huntsville lately. I'm interested in learning about your investing experience in the city and the team you are using. I'd appreciate any info you can share.

Thanks,

Originally posted by @Gorden Lopes:

Hi @Eryka Santoyo !

I am a fellow out of state investor and can definitely recommend my PM and my realtor! I have been using my PM for the past 8 months and I am happy with them as of now.

pm me if you have any question and I would be happy to help.

-Gorden

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here