Rebound in Huntsville

Rebound in Huntsville

Caroline DavisBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2018 · 95 posts · 90 votes

I wanted to share this article because it was interesting, informative, and encouraging enough to share with my fellow Bigger Pockets members. This article reflects the rebound and upward momentum in the real estate market. I believe Huntsville will rebound quicker and stronger than other areas in the nation due to the economic growth that we have continued to see.

https://rismedia.com/2020/04/23/big-rebound-in-showing-activity-underway-in-most-states-affirming-an-underlying-demand-from-prospective-buyers/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=eNews

New South Realtors LLC
8Reply
100 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2018 · 7 posts · 9 votes
6y

I agree 100%. Being an investor in multifamiles in HSV we see that there is no slowdown in the momentum in the market whatsoever. The rental market is fabulous and has grown tremendously over the last 10 years. We just closed on 6 more units this week and they are fully occupied units . They were on the market for 1 day before they had several offers on them. The market is hot and things don't last if they are priced right. We have even noticed things priced way outside of the norm going faster than expected. HSV is the place to invest. If you have any leads on multifamilies let me know! We are always looking to add to our portfolio.

See this reply in the discussion

31 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Madison, AL · Member since 2019 · 487 posts · 658 votes
    5y

    @Julie Sisnroy

    I am in the same boat as you. We just moved here, and I used part of my VA Loan entitlement for our primary residence and am currently looking for my third door. This market has rapidly grown over the past year (averaging over 10% appreciation). Additionally, most homes here are hitting the MLS and quickly receive multiple offers. I try to keep an abundance Vs. scarcity mindset. 

    That being said, there are still investment properties to be had. Feel free to message, and I am more than happy to help in any way. 

    Sincerely 

    Joshua

  • Huntsville, AL · Member since 2018 · 577 posts · 864 votes
    5y

    @Caroline Davis - I was told by another local REI that there were less than 500 (!) properties for sale in North Alabama at one point last month - could that possibly be true??? I know we've been consistently less than 1000, but only 500 would be a real housing shortage crisis here.

  • Real Estate Broker · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    @Michael S.

    The entire North Alabama Valley has 4K listings.

    However, the hot bed of activity is Madison County which currently has 555 listings across all price points, 173 under 275k. Food for thought... it is crazy here. :)

  • Caroline DavisBusiness Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2018 · 95 posts · 90 votes
    5y

    I have not evaluated ALL OF NORTH ALABAMA...but right now TODAY in Madison County there is a total of 469 properties available in MLS! 277 of those properties are above $350K! My opinion....to get a successful real eatate invest property you have to look outside the box!

    Caroline Davis 

    New South Realtors LLC
  • Huntsville, AL · Member since 2018 · 577 posts · 864 votes
    5y

    @Kaul Christian Kappenman  @Caroline Davis

    Those statistics for Madison County are incredible.  Thanks for the feedback. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.